Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: March 19, 2021 04:27PM

the gal administering it was so calming and friendly. When she finished the injection, she asked me how I felt. I nearly burst into tears as I told her the feeling of relief that had just swept over me. She said she hears that a lot. We finally have a way forward from this virus.

I can testify that I never felt a feeling like that in any mormon church situation, no matter how I tried.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 19, 2021 04:51PM

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: March 19, 2021 04:53PM

My second is a week from tomorrow and I can’t wait. I just heard my BFF gets her first on the 30th. By May we might be able to see each other. It’s been a year.

Date: March 19, 2021 04:55PM

Ha ha! I get my second shot exactly two weeks from today...Thus we know that ghawd likes me better!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 19, 2021 09:53PM

I hear ya. Haven't been with my lady for 13 months...gotta wait for the border to open first before plans can me made.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 20, 2021 08:18AM

I will have to hop on a plane to see my bestie, and I don't think I'm quite there yet. Maybe next year.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 19, 2021 04:55PM

You finally allow yourself to even dare to have hope. It's that moment when you realize how much you have been holding in.

Then there's the Mormon church where you try to fool yourself into believing that you felt something. For me anyway, that is the way it was. But comparing the Mormon church to real life never goes well---for the Mormon church.

Date: March 19, 2021 05:28PM

I know that feeling. I felt the same way, both times. I was relieved and elated.

Posted by: Jaxson ( )
Date: March 19, 2021 06:42PM

Had my "one and done" J & J shot last week. Eight hours later - mild headache, mild fever, mild aches. Felt fine the next day.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: March 19, 2021 07:10PM

And grateful!

When I was walking into the pharmacy to get my second shot, I was still worried that they would turn me away, saying, "We don't have any vaccine for you." or. "We aren't giving out second shots until everyone has their first shot", or something like that. It was almost too good to be true.

In one more week, I will have full Moderna-vaccination immunity, and I plan to 1) get my hair trimmed, 2) play with my grandchildren, indoors, 3) meet some (innoculated) friends for ice cream. There's a family wedding coming up in July, which ought to be a lot more fun than the 2020 weddings.

Here in SLC, all my adult children will have had their first shot by April 3! I appreciate everyone's great efforts to bring about this TRUE miracle of science and service.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: March 19, 2021 07:52PM

my first trip in 2 weeks is also to the hair dresser for a hair cut! I have not had one since January 2020 and my hair has never been this long since high school in the 60's!

Date: March 20, 2021 08:17AM

I am really looking forward to going to the hairdresser! My hair is a stringy mess. It will probably take a couple of years to get all of those split ends cut off.

I think I will visit my family first (who will have their 2nd dose + two weeks at that point,) and then I'll schedule a visit to the beauty shop.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 20, 2021 01:42PM

You don't need to go to the beauty shop. You're already.... Try the chop shop. Chop Chop!!

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: March 20, 2021 07:01PM

I’m starting to look like I licked my fingers and stuck them in a light socket. Uncut naturally curly hair can be unruly. However my hair stylist (69) decided to retire so I need to find someone new. Ugh.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2021 07:01PM by sbg.

Date: March 19, 2021 07:27PM

Finally got my first dose this past Wednesday. Not sure about when I'll get the second. Canada really fucked up the initial roll out of the vaccine..trying to make a deal with China and getting the shaft. Typical of our government.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 19, 2021 07:50PM

“I nearly burst into tears as I told her the feeling of relief that had just swept over me.”

The mark of the beast will do that to you.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: March 19, 2021 09:44PM

We get our 2nd dose on Jesus's birthday - April 6th. Why do we remember such crap?

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 20, 2021 01:57PM

Hahaha! That's when we get our second dose. Oh the irony!

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 19, 2021 11:08PM

My microchip picks up random radio stations, but I can only hear them in my left ear. Annoying.

;)

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 20, 2021 03:48AM

Just take off the rest of the tin foil.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: March 20, 2021 01:16AM

Hubby gets his first on the 28th. I am not letting him go till I Flowbee him first. It has been 15 months since his last real haircut and it is - out of control would be kind. The first place I am sending him when he is fully safe is to get it cut by someone besides me. I am still way down the list.

Date: March 20, 2021 01:16PM

My antidote

Stay away from (most) people.
[Do that anyway...]
(Except EXCEPTIONALLY Beautiful, Exciting, Incredible People)

=nature=

We're not out of the woods yet... I ❤️ trees.

Hugger

Posted by: dogbloggernli ( )
Date: March 20, 2021 02:21PM

I felt an unburdening after successfully making the appointment for my first dose. I get my second dose in a few more weeks.

Date: March 24, 2021 07:46PM

I had a somewhat unexpected feeling of elation as I drove home from getting my first shot.

Posted by: txrancher ( )
Date: March 21, 2021 12:00AM

I got the one-shot Johnson and Johnson. Just what they told me for my appointment, but haven't spoken to anyone else in NM that got it.

About a week ago. One of those days I just wasn't hungry so didn't eat breakfast or lunch. Got the shot in the morning about 10:30am. Did a bunch of walking for work, about two hours in the afternoon, then came home and ran a couple miles. Finally had dinner late at around 7:00pm. No effects from the shot, not even a sore arm.

Might mean my body didn't recognize the shot, lol, who knows.

Posted by: Bicentennial Ex ( )
Date: March 21, 2021 01:38AM

Getting second dose next week, here. Thank you all for
participating and for those not yet qualified, for your
patience and continued masking, social distancing, and
hand washing.

BcE

Posted by: contrarymary ( )
Date: March 21, 2021 03:32PM

I'm getting my second Pfizer shot in four days at the U of U Hospital. There is light at the end of this long, dark tunnel!

Date: March 21, 2021 06:07PM

Anybody in Utah, or Mississippi - or ANY OTHER (U.S.) of the states with similar age variants - over 16 is eligible. WIDE variants in age eligibility across country.

Anyone in their TEENS, TWENTIES, THIRTIES, FOURTIES or FIFTIES get it yet?

Posted by: dogbloggernli ( )
Date: March 21, 2021 11:44PM

Yes. I did and I'm in those groups

Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: March 21, 2021 11:17PM

I’m booked for my first shot on April 5. My husband had his first about 3 weeks ago as he’s in the eligibility demographic that is just before mine. I can’t wait until we are both fully vaccinated - it’s been a long haul!

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: March 25, 2021 11:44AM

My husband and I got our second dose yesterday, no side effects, except for our arms being a little sore.

We had one other side effect; a strong feeling of relief, and gratitude to all those involved in creating the vaccines, to those who administered them, to the volunteers helping us to cross to the building from the parking lot.

We don’t live in Stockholm but we do live in a place that specializes in Gaslighting: Utah.

Posted by: Bicentennial Ex ( )
Date: March 27, 2021 01:24PM

For some the second dose carries additional side effects. Plan on
not working or doing much of anything the next day in case you're
affected. In other words, plan on feeling really dumpy the next
day and if you don't you'll have more to celebrate.

BcE

Date: March 27, 2021 06:13PM

Does "The Day After" really deserve all the negatives that we all try to stick to it?

Here's a positive: I remember, with great fondness, The Day After I got home from my mission.

And I remember, with great fondness, The Day After I first got my driver's license.

Date: March 28, 2021 05:30PM

It just depends. My brother and sister-in-law had no side effects whatsoever with both doses. I had terrible side effects with both doses. You can't really predict how each dose will hit.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: March 29, 2021 06:47AM

First dose of Moderna = nothing! Not even a sore arm
Second dose of Moderna = mild headache and low-grade fever for about 7 hours.

I recommend a night's sleep or a nap, depending on when it hits you. My bed felt soooo good! I also recommend lots of water, and a cat. I was so glad to get the vaccine, that I didn't mind feeling bad for a few hours. So worth it!

Posted by: vulcanrider ( )
Date: March 29, 2021 02:12PM

Arm was more sore from the first shot and the after effects from the second (chills, aches, headache) were a little worse with the second, but nothing that a little Motrin couldn't handle. It's been 2 weeks since my second jab, so I'm supposed to be fully protected now. Still wearing my mask in public, not that I don't trust the CDC or anything, just sayin'...

Date: March 29, 2021 10:03PM

Yeah, but what will you do when Bill switches on your microchip, the pain level rises, and the only way to alleviate it is to buy more Microsoft products?

Posted by: Dollar Bill Gatekeeper ( )
Date: March 30, 2021 05:08AM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, but what will you do when Bill switches on
> your microchip, the pain level rises, and the only
> way to alleviate it is to buy more Microsoft
> products?

Joke about that man all you like, but he has still had more influence than he ever should have last year. Even though he poses as just a philanthropist these days, he is still making tens of millions every year.

It is a bad sign when you are so corrupt that even the Federal Government takes you to court for your business practices.

That man should never have been allowed to dominate the global health debate.

Date: March 30, 2021 10:20AM

It's even worse than you've imagined!!!! Worser! Worserest!!!

"It's been a long time since Gates co-founded Microsoft, so how much does he make in a day now? Bill Gates made nearly 11 million dollars a day from 2017 to 2018, and around 33 million dollars a day between 2018 and 2019."

2018 + 2019 = 730 days.

730 days x $33 million = 24.09 bill(gates)ion dollars!

We need more abjectly poor men (like you?) in power!

Do you know what befalls poor men (like you?) when they gain power? Same thing that happened to Bill Gates, they get rich. But at least he has a proven record of trying to give back.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: March 30, 2021 10:44AM

Trust the scientists.
And trust the oligarchs who pay them.

Remember, Andrew Carnegie, John Rockefeller, Leland Stanford, Andrew Mellon and their ilk, I mean, their like, were all rapacious robber barons once. Then they evolved into "philanthropists."

Date: March 30, 2021 11:40AM

How do we know (if we do) that we would be any different?

Date: March 31, 2021 04:09AM

Why trust science when there are political charlatans about? Surely a Wharton MBA is better than multiple advanced degrees and a career in epidemiology. Because Wharton grads are famous for their integrity and lack of cupidity.

Date: March 30, 2021 02:20PM

Dollar Bill Gatekeeper Wrote:
> Even though he poses as just a
> philanthropist these days, he is still making tens
> of millions every year.

Is it your view that to be a philanthropist one must be poor? Does financial success disqualify someone from giving his money away?

----------------
> It is a bad sign when you are so corrupt that even
> the Federal Government takes you to court for your
> business practices.

Be specific. What are you describing?

---------------
> That man should never have been allowed to
> dominate the global health debate.

Did Gates "dominate the global health debate?" I don't think he did. I think Fauci, Birx, Trump and the Chinese government dominated the debate.

You think Gates had more influence than Trump?

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: March 31, 2021 03:51AM

I don't know if blaming Bill Gates is the appropriate response. I got my second dose of vaccine on St Patrick's Day (March 17) with a joyful heart and looking forward to hugging my granddaughters after more than a year.

I had the side effects they warned me about: sore arm for a few days, a couple of degrees of fever one day, nothing much.

About a week after getting that second shot, I started having a near-debilitating sense of fatigue. A few times, I have felt so light-headed that I nearly fell. (At my age, falls are not good.) I can fall asleep any time of day as readily as my cat does.

Has anybody else had such a prolonged post-vaccine period??

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 12, 2021 04:57PM

The second photo:

That poor woman!

Jeez!

Posted by: InJustice ( )
Date: March 30, 2021 10:56PM

Personally I'll need to pass on this. I spent over 10 years as a young kid dealing with seizures after receiving my vaccines around 2 years old.

The medication I received afterwards 'helped' with reducing how often it happened. I really don't want to deal with that again. Considering my medical history, yeah. It's a concern...

Hope it helps you all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2021 10:56PM by InJustice.

Date: April 02, 2021 01:58PM

I have now received the Second Annoying.

There was an immediate sensation of 'soreness' after the first one, and my shoulder was sore for about 48 hours. It's been 2½ hours and there's nothing!

I am healed!

I taught the Asian nurse how to say "sana, sana, colita de rana" to her Hispanic patients as she rubs the injection site just after the shot!

Posted by: Left The Morg ( )
Date: April 03, 2021 10:32PM

I'm not familiar with the phrase "sana, sana, colita de rana"
What does it mean?

Date: April 03, 2021 11:42PM

It literally means, "heal, heal, frog's little tail".

It is a phrase moms say to their little kids who have a boo-boo. It tells the kid that someone loves him/her; it becomes a soothing sound...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0pgkxGYtwk

Posted by: Tyson Dunn (not logged in) ( )
Date: April 04, 2021 12:01PM

My arm’s not really sore, but I am definitely fatigued - versus tired which I’m not. Funny enough we went walking almost three miles yesterday afternoon, no big deal.

I hope the second is more forgiving, but I don’t think it will be.

Tyson

Date: April 04, 2021 12:12PM

I was told by a trusted source (Holy McGhost) that your level of sin determines how much 'after-effect' you will feel.

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: April 04, 2021 08:21PM

I am definitely outnumbered, but I am trying to avoid getting the vaccine. I am not convinced that it is the do-all/be-all/end all solution to the spread of the Covid.

I suspect, but cannot prove, that the vaccine is more of a psychological boost to lockdown weary people.

I am not convinced that the vaccine(s) was/were properly tested for long-term unintended effects. The development time was extremely short and long term testing apparently did not happen.

I am not anti-vax. I am currently halfway through a yearlong regimen of IV injections of an immunotherapy medication to battle melanoma stage 3 cancer. Yes, I was/am deeply concerned about undergoing this therapy. The alternative in this case would be certain death in short order. On the other hand, the Covid is statistically less lethal and I see the odds of survival in my favor.

I am and will continue to limit my contact with individuals who may carry or may be a receptor of the virus should I happen to be a passive carrier simply by not going out in the public unless absolutely necessary.

There has been far too much political drama over the Covid and it has been highly influential to the general American psyche that is thirsty for “the cure” and see the vaccine as the end of the pandemic. I see it as misplaced trust in government and science (who get research money from government).

I have doubts. And boy, do I know how unpopular it is to be skeptical. I’m 70 and have seen things that support my mistrust over the years.

Date: April 04, 2021 09:20PM

I am sorry to read of your cancer and wish you the best going forward.

Date: April 05, 2021 01:25AM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
> I am sorry to read of your cancer and wish you the
> best going forward.

Thanks.
I am tolerating these treatments well and it beats having to have the alternate treatment - chemotherapy.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 11, 2021 08:55PM

--And your reasoned and articulate response to dealing it during this Covid situation.

ON a lighter note: "Bill Gates says, 'If the vaccine doesn't work, shut it off, wait five minutes, and restart.'"

Date: April 15, 2021 10:39PM

I was told today my second dose will not be given until July. 4 months after dozw #1

Date: April 17, 2021 05:07PM

Check out CRISPR. See what they can do with gene editing.

This technology can be used the benefit mankind—-and to destroy mankind, depending who is doing the editing.

mRNA (in Covid shots) is used in the genetic editing.

So, is everyone comfortable with the vaccine?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.