Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: March 23, 2021 02:04AM

From page 51 current Come Follow Me Manual. "Early church members considered the American Indian to be descendants of the Book of Mormon people. (The official position of the church today is that the Lamanites "are among the ancestors of the American Indian."

Folks I grew up in the church and was taught differently. I was talk the American Indian is a descendent of Lehi and family. They were the real thing, they were the principle ancestors. Church leaders taught it, BYU taught it, it was taught in General Conference.

I was not taught what this book says. Again the Church just twists the words and no one seems to notice.

Early Church members were taught not "early church members considered." It was the top brethren of the church that taught it. How does Dusty Rusty sleep at night knowing things are being changed and taught differently.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: March 23, 2021 02:44AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2021 06:48AM by kathleen.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: March 23, 2021 04:55AM

The true deception is the term "early church members" the official change from principle ancestors to among the ancestors occurred in 2007.

The LDS (Lies and Deceit and Secrecy) church knows no shame.

Posted by: pettigrew ( )
Date: March 23, 2021 08:43AM

The phrase "Early church members considered..." is an example of gas lighting. Joseph Smith taught that the American Indians were the Lamanites. He even claimed revelations confirming it.

"Other early converts also expressed “a great desire” respecting “the remnants of the house of Joseph—the Lamanites residing in the west, knowing that the purposes of God were great to that people.”4 In response to those desires, Joseph Smith received another revelation, in which Peter Whitmer Jr. was called to accompany his brother-in-law Oliver Cowdery. The Lord directed him to “open thy mouth to declare my Gospel” and to “give heed unto the words & advice of thy Brother” who had been given power “to build my Church among thy Brethren the Lamanites.”5

The following month, October 1830, Parley P. Pratt and Ziba Peterson were also called to go “into the wilderness among the Lamanites.” To aid them in this challenging assignment, the Lord promised that He would “go with them and be in their midst.”6"

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/revelations-in-context/a-mission-to-the-lamanites?lang=eng

"Once the group arrived in Independence, Peter Whitmer Jr. and Ziba Peterson remained to earn money while Oliver Cowdery, Parley P. Pratt, and Frederick G. Williams went over into Indian Territory. They first preached to the Shawnees and then to the Delawares. Speaking through an interpreter, Oliver Cowdery shared the essential message of the Book of Mormon. Part of his message, as recorded by Parley P. Pratt, was that “the Lord commanded Mormon and Moroni, their last wise men and prophets, to hide the Book in the earth, that it might be preserved in safety, and be found and made known in the latter day to the pale faces who should possess the land; that they might again make it known to the red man; in order to restore them to the knowledge of the will of the Great Spirit and to His favor.”15

The Delaware Indians were receptive, and the chief requested that the missionaries return in the spring when “you shall read to us and teach us more concerning the Book of our fathers and the will of the Great Spirit.”16 However, because of an order by a federal agent, the missionaries were expelled from Indian Territory. Seeking unsuccessfully to get authorization from William Clark, the superintendent of Indian affairs in the area, the missionaries were no longer able to proselytize in Indian Territory.17

Although the Lamanite mission thus ended, it helped chart the course the fledgling Church would follow during the coming decade."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2021 08:48AM by pettigrew.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 23, 2021 09:48AM

Mormonism is a dishonest religion to the core. Rusty sleeps well at night because he got just what he wanted and he is in a No Fail position with his followers kissing his sagging ass.

In the fifties and sixties we were taught non stop from the pulpit and in the Sunday School classroom that the Native Americans WERE the Lamanites. And, any day it would be proven that the Mayan and Aztec ruins would be proven to be the Book of Mormon lands. Everyone was so excited and anxious for this proof to come, which clearly was coming as the stone rolled forth.

An even bigger lie is that they are family oriented first and foremost. It's extreme pressure on the family to tow the Mormon line which breaks the family.

All Mormons are liars. Just cuz they have a nice side to them now and then indivitually doesn't eradicate the rest of who they are and what they stand proud to be. I don't separate TBMs from their church like some do here.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 23, 2021 10:04AM

Life was so much simpler when the lies couldn’t be proven.

I’m beginning to think that 200 years is too long to be called the “latter days”.

The church of Joseph Smith’s continuing nonsense.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: March 23, 2021 09:59AM

If science proves your doctrine is wrong, either ignore the science or change the doctrine. Or both.

Date: March 23, 2021 10:03AM

Nice distillation, that.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 23, 2021 10:57AM

Future Intellectually Reserved manuals...

"Early church members considered the Book of Mormon to be about real people."

Posted by: Dallin Ox ( )
Date: March 23, 2021 06:42PM

Who knew that Spencer Kimball was an "early church member"?

I guess that makes me an "early church member" too. Kimball's autopen signed my mission papers.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: March 23, 2021 07:00PM

A few years ago 1981: "After thousands of years, all were destroyed except the Lamanites, and they are the principal ancestors of the American Indians."

Hasn't that been changed a few years ago to "Lamanites were *AMONG* the principal ancestors...?"

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 23, 2021 07:06PM

I think if you go back further, the word "principal" was omitted as well.

So ancestors => principal ancestors => among the ancestors

The march of progress as motivated by easier access to truth.

Posted by: Dr. Shitzengiggles ( )
Date: March 25, 2021 01:46PM

Yep, that access to truth has roughly grabbed em' by the ear, twisted it until a high squeal emitted, and now is dragging the brethren towards the light. I'd imagine the squealing and protestations are constant though. It's like eating a turd salad sandwich for them to be forced into altering doctrine. It is very telling though, it's done quite stealthily, w/ ample weasel words and plausible deniability, and don't forget the auto-gaslight feature if someone mentions said changes. "Well, it's unfortunate some weren't sophisticated enough, or not well researched to understand the subtleties."

It's always as if a weaselly Corp. General Counsel wrote every word. Instead of openness and honesty, humility, it's the arrogant finger pointing at the TBM as the root cause of the "misunderstanding." Not the original deception and decades of doubling down. It's just not right. I truly feel bad for those, in good faith, trying to play that bizarro game of logic/truth twister, all the agonizing contortions and cognitive dissonance, only to be blamed for the dirty deeds of those at the top. When one's twisted themselves in knots trying to make it fit. Knowing how TBM's agonize and guilt trip themselves, it's pretty damn abusive if you think about it. Stay Frosty, Stay Aerodynamic

Date: March 23, 2021 07:29PM

Even that is a provable lie. DNA shows the Lehi clan couldn't have even been part of the "maybe/possibly/long shot" ancestors let alone the principle ones. There is no Jewish DNA period. Not even kissing cousins.

But they like to change it a little at a time so no one will notice.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 24, 2021 12:07AM

“Early church members erroneously referred to themselves as ‘Mormons’”

Date: March 24, 2021 01:28AM

You know what? I bet it was the freakin' Mormons who didn't want to give the Blacks the priesthood!

Mormons screwed up the mormon church!!

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: March 24, 2021 10:20AM

Early church members referred to the president of the church as "prophet, seer, and revelator" and "the Lord's mouthpiece" rather than "Global Faith Leader."

Early church members believed that the Book of Mormon was literally true.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 24, 2021 01:57AM

Has the church ever told the truth?

Date: March 24, 2021 08:41PM

I had a another companionship's junior companion say I'd never amount to much...

He hit that one out of the park.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 24, 2021 09:20PM

Yes, but did he ever get another time at bat?

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 25, 2021 12:59PM

SEcular Priest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>... How does Dusty Rusty sleep at night knowing things are being changed and taught differently.

He's a dock terd
He takes pills

There are Givers and there are Takers in this world...

Takers may eat better, but, Givers sleep better.

He seems to eat well but sleeping? He snoozes, like the three stooges... and fights with himself just the same. Nightmares of "church". Frightening!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.