Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: March 24, 2021 04:56PM

DO YOU BELONG TO??
If you ask me what church I belong to I will tell you that I belong to no church whatsoever. I am a member of a religious organization labeled a church. However that organization does not own me therefore I do not belong to it. I am not owned by that group nor am I a slave unto it.
This brings up a very important concept. That of belonging as actually being owned by. I purchased my car therefore I own it. It, by law, belongs to me. I can do with it as I will.
This concept of belonging to, AKA ownership, is more far reaching than may be imagined. It is spoken of lightly yet the burden it projects is heavy indeed
Why is this? It is because the more times I am able to cause you to reiterate your position the more firmly it becomes implanted in your brain.
It works like this
Every time you have a thought and take or do not take action a neuron is formed. Similar neurons group together to form neuron chains. These chains reinforce one another. Neuron chains group together to form ganglion which are larger reinforcement ropes. Ganglionic chains group together and by reinforcement produce a response repertory.
Then every time an action is taken it is reinforced in the mind and ever more difficult to remove.
So back to belonging. In many instances we do it to ourselves. We hear and accept at face value that which should be more thoroughly explored and thereby indoctrinate ourselves into further mental slavery.
We group orient ourselves and tell ourselves it is OK to join in as part of the slave species.
WE BELONG!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2021 04:57PM by thedesertrat1.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 24, 2021 05:02PM

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 24, 2021 05:25PM

Well said, goat!

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: March 26, 2021 12:32AM

You should have her teach you how to dance.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 26, 2021 12:31AM

I never wanted to belong to anyone or anything. It always carried a connotation of ownership.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.