Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Bobby's Girl ( )
Date: March 30, 2021 03:24PM

When I scan some of the posts on this board, I lose hope for the world. I was conned by the great and powerful Mormon cult, and thankfully, I woke the hell up. I now see a whole new cult on here,and that is extremely worrisome to me.

------------

*** You may have lost hope for the world, but we haven't. That's why we don't allow silly conspiracy theories on this board. How people can believe that nonsense, I don't know, but why they believe it is probably more straightforward: it comforts them with a feeling of "insider knowledge" and "power" in a world where they fear they are losing control. You didn't wake up, you just started drinking someone else's Kool-Aid. You're free to do so, but we're not going to let you recruit here. -- CZ (admin) ***

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2021 04:26PM by Concrete Zipper.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dogbloggernli ( )
Date: March 30, 2021 03:25PM

A cult of?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 30, 2021 03:28PM

We are still awaiting the peer-reviewed science you promised--you know, the studies showing that the COVID vaccines aren't really vaccines but really tools of control exercised by our overlords.

Let us know when you have something to back up your rants.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: March 30, 2021 03:44PM

The video link does not work, and (from what I can gather) the purported facts you cite have no credible references to back them up.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 30, 2021 04:08PM

You've wanted to be Bobby's Girl since 1962, and we're the ones who are deluding ourselves?

::smirk::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55U_bFmy9v4

At least you're not Edmund Fitzgerald. Yet.

Posted by: Bobby's Girl ( )
Date: March 30, 2021 04:09PM

Well, so much for anything I have tried to post to show you. It gets deleted within minutes. Good luck with what you all believe about the pandemic lies. This site is absolutely just like the church when it comes to hiding the truth. The moderator is keeping the truth from you, just like the church does. I will never come back to this site, EVER!

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 30, 2021 04:13PM

Your sources seem to draw credit from the Anti-vaxxer Cult and have not been corroborated by any credible medical experts or the scientific community that I can find. Sounds like a lot of cult hearsay passed around on social media.

Tell us more about your experience with the Mormon church. Would love to know the details.

Date: March 30, 2021 04:17PM

What you posted had no evidence. You linked to an obscure source that did not even list its editors' names or resumes, rendering it impossible to evaluate their views. You told us the link was to an interview with a scientist but it was only a collage of soundbites by all sorts of people, including Boris Johnson and Bill Gates. So much for "Prof. Cahill," yet another unidentified source.

You condemned all vaccines and then asked us to believe you were objective when evaluating the COVID vaccines. Does that make sense? Have you ever met an anti-vaxxer who would give a new vaccine a chance? Of course not.

You told us there are "54 COVID vaccines. . . "competing in a market." Name the 54 vaccines and tell us what market they are competing in.

You promise peer-reviewed science but delivered none. At one point you even said that we can't know the truth because the powers that be are suppressing it--and yet we are to believe that you know the truth. It's a grand conspiracy whose secrets only you can unravel?

Sure, you're a serious person.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2021 04:21PM by Lot's Wife.

Date: March 30, 2021 04:29PM

I just went through your clip. I see no mention of your "Prof. Cahill." Besides Bill Gates and Boris Johnson, it does however include soundbites from:

A pharmacist from Norway,
A natural nurse from the UK,
A homeopath from Belgium,
A metaphysicist from the UK,
A qualified nurse from the UK, and
A holistic and integrative physician from Argentina.

There are no speakers with expertise in epidemiology, viruses, or vaccines. But maybe the metaphysicist from the UK is sufficient. Is he channeling people who actually know something?

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 30, 2021 05:24PM

Do you remember the Y2K computer bug? Lots of people were worried about the end of civilization but nothing happened. Because software is full of bugs but it works anyway. What’s one more bug?

Conspiracy theories are like the First Vision. The story keeps changing. You can follow the rainbow but never get to the end. So while they are entertaining, the odds of them being true are a little dicey.

Could this vaccine push be a depopulation bioweapon designed to cull the herd? Have we been binging on James Bond? If that were true, why are there so many different vaccines instead of just the one manufactured by the Bond villain?

But, you say, what if? Sure, what if you win the lottery? The fallout will be manageable. Look how fast they un-stuck the Ever Given.

It’s not like there’s no evil in the world. Your “no hope” begs the question, will evil win? Well, no. That’s not how the Universe works. Dystopian fantasies are just that.

Of course, I could be as much in denial as the ancient Martians, Lemurians and Atlanteans. If it all ends tomorrow, what is lost? It’s all in the Akash. Life will re-live itself somewhere else in an endless multiverse. Because life is an actual miracle.

It’s kind of wild that you call science a cult because you are right. It’s a personality cult. Naturally it has its solid parts looked after by the introverts, but PhD training is focused on self-promotion. You are expected to “sell” your ideas because science is a marketplace of ideas. Competition is expected to sort it out. But then monopolies arise and where are the trust busters?

The secular crowd wanted to be the Clergy, and now they are. With the same old problems except without the Inquisition.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 30, 2021 08:30PM

> It’s kind of wild that you call
> science a cult because you are
> right. It’s a personality cult.

> Naturally it has its solid parts
> looked after by the introverts,
> but PhD training is focused on
> self-promotion. You are expected
> to “sell” your ideas because
> science is a marketplace of ideas.
> Competition is expected to sort it
> out. But then monopolies arise and
> where are the trustbusters?

This was beautiful.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 30, 2021 08:43PM

If you don't want to get a Covid vaccine, no one here really cares. Personally, I know of two people who were eligible for the vaccine, but refused to get it. Totally their choice. Both got Covid. One was out of work for a month, and one got pneumonia on top of Covid (but is fortunately recovering.)

You do you. But don't ask the rest of us to subscribe to your notions.

Date: March 30, 2021 08:48PM

That was very Tao of you, Summer.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: March 30, 2021 08:58PM

Do you remember those sleepless nights worrying about smallpox?

How about the hours of praying and pleading with God that your family wouldn’t be devastated by polio?

Of course not, and the reason you didn’t have those worries is because of vaccines.

Date: March 30, 2021 09:13PM

That was in the olden days!

This is now, when being an influencer is just like being a high school cheerleader ... for life!!

“Gimme an A, gimme an N, gimme T, gimme an I...”

If you want to get noticed, you have to do noticeable things.

Date: March 30, 2021 09:21PM

It's not just this thread. Conspiracy theories and theorists are popping up all over the place and, with their usual cheek, describing those who follow science as conspiracy theorists.

Date: March 30, 2021 09:53PM

Yep. Projection has been a growth industry lately.

Posted by: logged out today ( )
Date: March 30, 2021 09:44PM

Poor Bobby, stuck in a three-way with his girl and Q.

Run Bobby Run!

Date: March 30, 2021 09:55PM

I'm sure Paul Anka, fine upstanding Canadian that he was, could have cranked out a few hits for Bobby and his girl. Opportunities missed.

Posted by: anonculus ( )
Date: April 03, 2021 01:15AM

<<...fine upstanding Canadian that he was...>>

He's not upstanding any more? What'd he do to disgrace Canada?

(IOW, he's alive and well at 79)

Posted by: Adam the Warrior ( )
Date: March 30, 2021 10:03PM

I have noticed that things are pretty one sided in viewing humanity and society a certain way on here.

Instead of a cult controlling them its government. They just organization switched basically. A cult and government is not an actual person yet they obey without question. Very strange.

Posted by: Adam the Warrior ( )
Date: March 30, 2021 10:07PM

They say think for yourself Adam when leaving a cult and then they say obey and believe the government without question.

Very contradictory.

Date: March 30, 2021 10:31PM

Adam the Warrior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They say think for yourself Adam when leaving a
> cult and then they say obey and believe the
> government without question.

No one is saying that, Adam. In fact, the surrender of personal judgment, the insistence that "what you are seeing isn't what is happening," was the hallmark of the previous administration.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: March 30, 2021 10:16PM

Bobby's Girl Wrote:
> When I scan some of the posts on this board, I
> lose hope for the world. I was conned by the great
> and powerful Mormon cult, and thankfully, I woke
> the hell up. I now see a whole new cult on
> here,and that is extremely worrisome to me.
>
> ------------
>
> *** You may have lost hope for the world, but we
> haven't. That's why we don't allow silly
> conspiracy theories on this board. How people can
> believe that nonsense, I don't know, but why they
> believe it is probably more straightforward: it
> comforts them with a feeling of "insider
> knowledge" and "power" in a world where they fear
> they are losing control. You didn't wake up, you
> just started drinking someone else's Kool-Aid.
> You're free to do so, but we're not going to let
> you recruit here. -- CZ (admin) ***

I agree with CZ,
Just because you don’t see hope, I hope you find it elsewhere.
Maybe troll for awhile and pick or start discussions about things that you find amazing, interesting,
This is interesting, but I didn’t see what got deleted.
I suspect if you get a response like that from CZ,
This really is not a healthy place fir you.
But if you have tough enough skin, or thick enough to withstand the tricksters and comedians around here you might find you enjoy the sometimes civil words of wisdom spoken here,
From mostly anonymous ex Mormons, who are a whole wide range of beliefs, prejudices, and levels of awareness,
We all filter out what we can’t handle.
Most of us don’t want to think.
Most of us choose the blue pill
And live in blissful ignorance,
We chose truth.
Truth matters

That we chose truth, wisdom, science, over superstition, we all did what we swore an oath to kill ourselves by slitting our own throats, if we did what we did.
And you think one of us made that decision lightly when it also meant our best friends and family would turn their backs on us?

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 01, 2021 01:39AM

“we all did what we swore an oath to kill ourselves by slitting our own throats, if we did what we did.
And you think one of us made that decision lightly when it also meant our best friends and family would turn their backs on us?”

To them, that’s evidence that you’ve gone over to the dark side. That’s why they talk to you the same way a psychiatrist talks to their patient.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2021 01:39AM by bradley.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: April 01, 2021 03:50PM

bradley Wrote:
> To them, that’s evidence that you’ve gone over
> to the dark side. That’s why they talk to you
> the same way a psychiatrist talks to their
> patient.

At least with Mormonism we only swore to commit suicide if we ever turned our back on Joseph's Myth. As a Muslim, I was told that it would be my Muslim brother's obligation to slit my throat if I ever turned my back on the Prophet. So I became a marked man in two different religions on 9-11, when I woke up to reality and quit believing in any kind of prophet or tribal mentality.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 02, 2021 12:15PM

The conspiracy theorists and antivax minions chose not to believe anything a doctor says when it concerns Covid or vaccines but you can bet if Bobby's Girl were to suffer a burst appendix or heart attack she'd be in an ER ASAP looking for those same doctors to save her life.

Date: April 02, 2021 12:32PM

You spawned a thought... We've heard about people who claimed C-19 was a hoax, who then died of it.

Did they continue to deny its existence to their last breath, calling doctors and nurses liars?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 02, 2021 07:08PM

I read that some denied they had Covid 19 with their dying breath.

Date: April 02, 2021 07:09PM

Yes, I've read that in multiple accounts. Religious faith dies hard.

Date: April 02, 2021 04:12PM

I have a friend who is a complete "covid is fake, vaccines are evil" nutcase. It has strained the friendship. A couple months ago she developed a kidney stone. It really hurt. Went to doctors, asked what was wrong and could they fix it. They said "kidney stone, and yes". She said "do it yesterday!"

But all the doctors dealing with covid or vaccines are either lying or incompetent or both. ALL of them.

Makes you wonder what color the sky is on the planet some people live on.

As for EOD's question, there were people dying of covid in Iowa last summer when they were having their spike, who did indeed rant while dying that they could not possibly have covid, it was a fake disease.

The human capacity for delusion is near infinite.

Date: April 02, 2021 04:16PM

Brother Of Jerry Wrote:
> The human capacity for delusion is near infinite.

You bet your sweet bippy!

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: April 02, 2021 06:33PM

I'm curious what that "new cult" might be, and what is troublesome? I suppose things might be Censored here on reform, but things are getting tight everywhere. Facebook has become hostile, youtube has deleted many many popular writers. The latest is Steven Crowder. He's on the right and has been completely banned for who knows why. Parler is gone, even our greatest president of all time is banned from Twitter.

I would like to see all kinds of ideas floated around, all opinions matter. But also it's important to take apart the idea not the person. Peoples feelings are important.

It's a fine line to walk just recently I pissed off a friend because I had a different point of view... and shared it.

Date: April 02, 2021 06:55PM

If you care about others' feelings, perhaps you should not advocate the use of violence by Anglo-Saxons against other people.

So there's that.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: April 02, 2021 07:13PM

“our greatest president of all time is banned from Twitter”

Seriously? Lincoln has been banned from Twitter?

Date: April 02, 2021 07:25PM

Yes!

And Washington and Jefferson and Roosevelt and Roosevelt and Truman and Eisenhower and Kennedy and Nixon and Reagan. Twitter has banned all the great presidents!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 03, 2021 02:56AM

"I don’t understand why we need a passport anyway, can’t we just scan the microchip Bill Gates painstakingly inserts, by hand, into every single dose?" -- ShowerCap

Date: April 03, 2021 03:14AM

But then we'd have acknowledged that Mr. Gates is the mastermind behind the conspiracy--and what fun is a conspiracy if everyone knows what is going on?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.