Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: March 31, 2021 03:59PM

Thread closed prior to being able to respond to:

Posted by: JoeSmith666
Date: March 31, 2021 01:01PM
Re: Most Americans believe ‘other’ Americans are their greatest enemy

How did we get there?

Yesterday drove by a home and business flying a big FU#* BIDEN and FU#* THOSE WHO VOTED FOR HIM flag. Like the Trump 2020 flags - but crass and flying for all to see on a 25 foot flagpole.

Supposedly conservative "christian" area.

The former President and his tactics of bullying,intimidation and pushing lies as truth have pushed us to this. Those following him seem to love it and will excuse anything as long as he says it is OK. Worst then MoronicPriesthood Central

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 31, 2021 04:14PM

I agree DJT tapped into and widened the deep racial divide in America, which existed prior to him taking the Oval Office. His deliberately offensive behavior served to normalize public displays of offensive racist behavior. The racists want a race war, and the anti-racists play right into their apocalyptic racist narrative. The problem is the apocalyptic racist narrative, that needs to be defeated, once and for all.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 31, 2021 04:20PM

Do you realize you just made the victims of racist violence responsible for others' attacks on them?

Date: March 31, 2021 04:51PM

No. I’m just offering up my explanation for how we got here, where most Americans think ‘other’ Americans are the greatest threat to their way of life. Obviously racists are a threat to minorities way of life. And anti-racists are a threat to racists way of life. I consider myself an anti-racist, but I just don’t support violence, as I am committed to non-violence. Violence just leads to more violence, by racists, who own most of the guns in this country. I believe the only answer is MLK and Gandhi’s non-violent approach, which I think we need more of, not less of.
Of course, that approach worked to affect change, but it also got them both killed, so....

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 31, 2021 05:08PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you realize you just made the victims of racist
> violence responsible for others' attacks on them?

Well, we are ex Mormons.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.