Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 01, 2021 02:18PM

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/mormon-church-100-billion-fund-buys-tesla-stock-grows-stake-2021-3-1030251777

Amazing how hundreds of millions of dollars were made. Prayers were answered...yada yada yada.

Maybe Home Church will become permanent and they can make more money in selling off some real-estate?

Ironically, some Mormons think that "the world" is out to get them.

"As church member McKay Coppins wrote recently for The Atlantic, Mormonism lacks the "cultural cachet" of other minority religions in America. People hardly notice when we're being mocked, misrepresented or stereotyped — or, worse, they think we earned or deserve that."
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/netflix-s-murder-among-mormons-uses-same-stereotypes-about-our-ncna1260447

Well, when your stock portfolio is making news like this what do you expect? When your religion is in the financial section of the paper it actually looks worse (in my opinion) than a preacher justifying his jet plane purchase.

Edit: I wish this was an April Fools joke.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2021 02:26PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 01, 2021 05:11PM

Yep, amazing how $hundreds of millions are made. I think they are selling off land —farm land into subdivisions. That’s why not so much emphasis on food storage these days. You don’t see cornfields so much in Utah anymore as you see miles of apartments nudging right up against freeways. Miles of concentrated rooftops with a minuscule yard and a “Common area.” But surely a temple or ward house at the entrance of every subdivision.

I envision a huge spider/wasp over it all with a picc line into every wallet.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 05, 2021 11:31AM

LDS Inc. is a financial dysfunctional family disease The Smith Family concocted and we have still with us today.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 01, 2021 05:22PM

There has got to be a way to tax the hell out of these religions.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 01, 2021 05:24PM

It kind of looks like the church is cheating, but the other hedge funds could just as easily start a religion to get those sweet tax exemptions.

Historically, the church has been okay with being bad neighbors. I don’t think it bothers them much, cuz God.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 01, 2021 06:14PM

This seems like a good place to rant about what has been repeatedly showing on a local TV station here in SE Idaho.

There is an "advertisement" (I don't know what else to call it) saying that the LDS church conference will be shown on that station this weekend. Then it scrolls at least 20 local small businesses that are contributing/supporting to allow the conference to be broadcast. So, here are all these small businesses forking over their money to help pay for broadcasting conference. These businesses are not sitting on Tesla stock and most don't have portfolios at all. Yet, here they are, sacrificing money their businesses actually need to the church. The LDS church should pay for their own programming, dammit.

I know these businesses probably think it is smart to be shown contributing and supporting the Mormon church around here. Maybe it is code for showing their self righteousness in the community. Still, it pisses me off when the church takes money like that from businesses that have been struggling and get gov't assistance to help them survive.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: April 01, 2021 06:51PM

Well that makes sense. There's a Tesla with a mannequin in the drivers seat on its way to Kolob right now.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.