Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 03, 2021 12:41PM

So, I turned on the TV looking to find Martha's Garden to watch while I have some coffee. Guess what was on- Conference with Nelson giving the conference opening talk.

OK, I watched it for all of 1 minute. That is all I could stand. That Nelson guy is pretty creepy. He was talking about watching the SLC temple reconstruction from his office window. They are removing old tree roots and debris. So he makes a message about removing old debris from our life. All I could think of was them removing debris from church history.

Then when he closed his opening talk, he said, "Welcome to the privilege of hearing the voice of the Lord."

What is THAT supposed to mean? I didn't see Jesus sitting there. Nelson fancies himself speaking as the Lord? These lame talks are the Lord talking? It came off as presumptuous. Good grief. God is not very savvy with communication skills. Everyone seems to thinks they speak for Him or know a church guy who does.

Anyway, welcome to conference where you have the privilege of hearing old geezers pretending to speak for God.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 03, 2021 01:51PM

It's only the Voice of the Lord, on K-MORM, hot 132, the everlasting covenant station!

One of the more interesting things about these speakers for ghawd is that apparently they keep getting it wrong and ghawd has to correct them a generation or so later.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: April 03, 2021 02:35PM

Some trivia just hit me. Others have probably noticed and talked about this before BUTT....

Is it a coincidence that these general meetings are called CONference and a CONman began them? It is right there folks! Joseph Smith, or whoever mormon Conman coined the name, was revealing it all!

Date: April 03, 2021 03:07PM

Hahaha. Sometimes they say the quiet part out loud by accident.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: April 03, 2021 03:06PM

Conference is always cringe worthy. Somehow I keep forgetting it is conference. Do they have the evening session today? If they do, my daughter and her husband aren't going or listening. I can hope, can't I? They are going to a movie--Godzilla. Sinners.

Date: April 03, 2021 03:10PM

I have no clue when sessions are today or tomorrow but it sounds like your dear daughter might be like I was when Mormon. I mostly only cared about the Sunday session.

Comically some of those speakers looked a bit like Godzilla to me.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: April 03, 2021 05:49PM

Conference is THIS weekend? I *have* been out of the Morg for a while.

As for Nelson's "privilege of hearing the voice of the Lord," I'm not sure if he's trying to hype up the followers or if he's started down the path of megalomania.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: April 03, 2021 05:51PM

some of us are made from debris. What does he say about that?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.