Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rgrraymond ( )
Date: October 30, 2010 12:19AM

This has bothered me for years. Even when I was a TBM. The Mormon church says there is no heaven or hell. Both the Bible and BOM talks of them both. I was taught the LDS crap that when you die non Mormons will go to spirit prison. Mormons will go to paradise. After the resection Mormons will go to the CK. Other will go to the TC 1 or TC 2. Not heaven or hell.
God lives on Kolob not in heaven.
Then why do Mormons pray to Heavenly Father or Father in Heaven or say that in a conversation, talk, or testimony. They also sing in the hymns with the words Heavenly Father, heaven and in some sacrament hymns hell.
This to me is a contradiction. This is used all the time and no one ever sees it or just over looks it.
Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 30, 2010 12:28AM

Why???Because Mormons don't believe in the Bible.....they only pretend to do so. The crap the "Prophets" spoke of must be taken as truth. They can not challenge anything. But of course they should. Mormonism is a cult. None of it makes sense.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: October 30, 2010 12:35AM

Because back in JS's day everyone still had a Newtonian view of the heavens and that's what he described.

Of course by now we know that there is no such thing as light being passed on from Kolob etc.
The scientific picture of the cosmos has changed considerably but JS had no way of forseeing this, since he was not a prophet after all.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.