Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: April 04, 2021 10:19AM

Forget snakes, apples, and angels with flaming swords.
A changing climate forced our distant ancestors to migrate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Makgadikgadi

https://i.redd.it/txoyyxkvvvvz.jpg

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2019/10/28/homeland-humans-lush-garden-eden-south-zambezi-river/

The homeland of all humans was a lush Garden of Eden situated to the south of the Zambezi River, in northern Botswana, a major study of DNA has concluded.

For the first time, researchers have traced back the maternal genetic lineage of anatomically modern humans (Homo sapiens sapiens) and found it most closely resembles people living in a small area of southern Africa.

Although the area now sits in the Kalahari desert, the region was once covered by an enormous lake, around in which our ancestors thrived for 70,000 years.

But a dramatic change to the climate caused by an alteration in the orbital tilt of the Earth allowed populations to move northwards.

Professor Vanessa Hayes, a geneticist at the Garvan Institute of Medical Research in Australia, said: “It has been clear for some time that anatomically modern humans appeared in Africa roughly 200,000 years ago but what we haven’t known is where that homeland is.

“What has been long debated is the exact location of this emergence and subsequent dispersal of our earliest ancestors.

“It’s an extremely large area, it would have been very wet, very lush, it would have provided a suitable habitat for modern humans and wildlife to have lived.

“It’s something that fascinates all humans. If we really want to understand our future we need to understand our past, who we are and where we all come from.”

Professor Hayes and colleagues collected blood samples from study participants in Namibia and South Africa and looked at their mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) which comes through the maternal line.

As mtDNA is passed from mother to child through the egg cell, so its sequence stays the same over generations, making it a useful tool for looking at maternal ancestry.

The team focused their research on the L0 lineage - modern human's earliest known population - and compared the complete DNA code (mitogenome) from different individuals - including other sub lineages across various locations in Africa - to see how closely they were related.

The researchers then combined genetics with geology and climatic physics, to paint a picture of what the world looked like 200,000 years ago.

Geological evidence suggests the homeland region once housed Africa's largest ever lake system, known as Lake Makgadikgadi.

And climate computer model simulations indicate that "the slow wobble of Earth's axis" brought "periodic shifts in rainfall" across the region.

Professor Axel Timmermann, a climate scientist at Pusan National University in South Korea, said: "These shifts in climate would have opened green, vegetated corridors, first 130,000 years ago to the north east, and then around 110,000 years ago to the south west, allowing our earliest ancestors to migrate away from the homeland for the first time."

Prof Hayes concluded: “We observed significant genetic divergence in the modern humans' earliest maternal sub-lineages that indicates our ancestors migrated out of the homeland between 130,000 and 110,000 years ago.

“The first migrants ventured north east, followed by a second wave of migrants who travelled south west.

“A third population remained in the homeland until today.”

The research was published in the journal Nature.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2021 10:43AM by anybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 04, 2021 11:42AM

For many years I've taken the Garden of Eden story as a tale about how our hominid ancestors left the verdant, but shrinking jungle for the hot and dry savannah. It helped to make us as a species, but it was not an easy transition.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 04, 2021 11:57AM

That takes care of explaining the origin of the anatomically modern humans, but what about the anatomically bold humans?

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 04, 2021 01:29PM

According to translations of ancient Sumerian cuneiform tablets human as we know them were genetically formed in what we now know as Africa
So YES it would stand to reason that the garden of eden would be located there

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2021 01:30PM by thedesertrat1.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 05, 2021 01:36PM

What about the anatomically odd humans?

Date: April 05, 2021 03:35PM

Homo odds bodkins?

A couple of them in India just had a baby!

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 06, 2021 11:46AM

Chicken N. Backpacks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What about the anatomically odd humans?
kindly explain. I don't get the drift of your comment

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 06, 2021 02:06PM

CnB's referring to EOD. He's got all sorts of strange stuff going on.

Date: April 06, 2021 07:22PM

But I'm no importance, now that The Boy with Three Penises has been born into the world. Remember the scripture?

HVAC 7:22 "And lo, a child shall be born with a penis from the Father, a penis from the Son and a tiny penis from the Holy Ghost, and not many days shall pass before the movers come to pick up all the Earth's furniture."

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: April 06, 2021 07:28PM

I anxiously await further revealing of the Word of Dog.

Posted by: normdeplume ( )
Date: April 06, 2021 11:45PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But I'm no importance, now that The Boy with Three
> Penises has been born into the world.

. . . and not many days > shall pass before the movers come to pick up all > the Earth's furniture."

The last part of the dog's post rings prophetic.

His bit about the triple-prick kid rings as if he's been chewing datura or some wacky cactus root.

Rave on elder.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 06, 2021 11:53PM

Have the shepherds and Magi arrived yet?

Posted by: paisley70 ( )
Date: April 07, 2021 03:40AM

This is not really much news. Have any of you taken a physical anthropology course in university? Ever memorized the phylo-genetic tree from whence we have sprung? Australopithecus Afarensis? I still believe in God, or what many will say "Heavenly Father". The creator of this simulation. There is a means to an ends, however.

Date: April 07, 2021 12:50PM

I took an intro to Mental Anthropology class at the U. What I remember is that the professor said anything is possible, except the impossible, and no one can be sure what that might be.

On the issue of a Supreme Being, he suggested fame and riches would descend on whoever could prove it, one way or another.

He also introduced the class to the concept of getting halfway to Divinity... You know, get halfway, then another halfway, etc., etc. You could get infinitely close to being divine, then infinitely close², then infinitely close³, etc. I got the impression that he did not believe in all the "omni's" that attach to divinity.

But as I mentioned earlier, I flunked out of U of Utah, including this particular class.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.