Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: April 04, 2021 10:20AM

Twelve Angry Apostles Might Remove Russell Nelson From Office - Careful Reading of The Articles of Incorporation of The President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Fourth Article

"But in the event of the death or resignation from office of the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or in the event of a vacancy in that office from any cause, the President or Acting President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of said Church, or one of the members of said Quorum thereunto designated by that Quorum*,* shall, pending the installation of a successor President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, be the corporation sole under these articles, and the laws pursuant to which they are made, and shall be and is authorized in his official capacity to execute in the name of the corporation all documents or other writings necessary to the carrying on of its purposes, business and objects, and to do all things in the name of the corporation which the original signer of the articles of incorporation might do; it being the purpose of these articles that there shall be no failure in succession in the office of such corporation sole."

In that Russell Nelson is single handedly destroying, dismantling, and demoralizing The LDS Church while becoming one the world's richest individuals is not it possible that a majority of the younger apostles say "Enough is enough!" and formulate a legal removal of Nelson from office? There is an opening for action in the wording "vacancy in that office from any cause" so could a revolt demanding his resignation be one of those causes? Another opening for action is the wording, "or one of the members of said Quorum thereunto designated by that Quorum" so why not install a younger, more progressive apostle who possibly could actually have the members bests interest at heart?

https://user.xmission.com/~research/central/chorg3.htm

Some Additional Notes For Consideration About The Articles

26th day of November, 1923, started out with $1,500,000 that's one million five hundred thousand dollars.

Continues on today approaching $150,000,000 that's one hundred fifty BILLION dollars

Russell M Nelson is the Corporate Sole who now personally owns all of these assets, NOT the members of "said Church."

this corporation shall have power, without any authority or authorization from the members of said Church or religious society, to grant, sell, convey, rent, mortgage, exchange, or otherwise dispose of any part or all of such property.

Could the "new" President then proceed to dissolve The Corporation Sole and then reorganize it as a transparent non profit with a board of directors that actually represented the members whose donations created the seed money in the first place. Here's the language of dissolution:

"Upon the winding up and dissolution of this corporation, after paying or adequately providing for the debts and obligations of the corporation, the remaining assets shall be distributed to a nonprofit fund, foundation or corporation, which is organized and operated exclusively for charitable, educational, or religious and/or scientific purposes and which has established its tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code."

If you happen to be an attorney, please post comments below because I am not an attorney and no expert in Utah law but I am angry that one man has complete control of a massive financial dynasty based on deceptive policy and practice.

Maybe, just maybe, the newbie apostle Gerrit W Gong will come to his senses, raise a revolt and prevent his boss from flushing the LDS Church down the toilet to the telestial kingom?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: April 04, 2021 10:23AM

If you "assassinate" the "Profit," the precedent is set to do it again in the future.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 04, 2021 07:25PM

Et tu, Brute?

Brute never had a good night's rest again.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 04, 2021 09:11PM

Hiding a knife under a Temple Toga is one thing, but penetrating the magic underwear is another.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 04, 2021 09:17PM

Is that a knife under your toga or are you just happy to see me?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 04, 2021 12:08PM

Not that he hasn't already F'd up royally in the past, but this would really bring to the fore the fact that almighty, alrighty ghawd is a complete screw-up.

Is there anything left untouched, untrammeled, unchanged, in terms of the organization of the church as revealed to JoJu by the mighty Jehovah?

I think it is readily apparent that the hard kernel at the center of the body politic of the church will do whatever the church asks of them.

And for that, you may blame the women!

I wouldn't blame the women, but mostly that's what the church thinks they're good for.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 04, 2021 12:56PM

I still hear that it is my fault that my husband is still gay or CHOSE to be gay. I wasn't righteous enough to save him. That still bothers me, that they see me that way. That is probably the ONE THING that still bothers me.

Posted by: Moe H ( )
Date: April 04, 2021 01:18PM

Date: April 04, 2021 06:25PM

Sandwiches . . .

Who knew?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 05, 2021 01:16AM

For the LDS, it's wymens making doughnuts.

just sayin', thank you

Posted by: anonyXmo ( )
Date: April 04, 2021 07:02PM

To be replaced by Bednar

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: April 04, 2021 08:08PM

huh?

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 05, 2021 12:58AM

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: April 05, 2021 10:57PM

Is there a circumstance under which the prophet could be forcefully removed as the Corporate sole while he is still sane? What would happen if Nelson left his wife, took up drinking and gambling in public, and was seen with prostitutes and maybe even got arrested for a DUI? It seems like he could sin all he wanted to as long as he maintains his sanity.

Could he simply say "I've had my second anointing. Now just leave me the hell alone to live my life how I want to live it"? Then he could party on church funds until he died. No one would have the legal authority to stop him. He could threaten the other General Authorities with making the church look even worse publicly if they piss him off.

Date: April 06, 2021 12:16AM

I would go see that movie!

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: April 06, 2021 03:47PM

Also consider D&C 107:81-84, providing for a trial of the president.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 07, 2021 11:46AM

"...who possibly could actually have the members bests interest at heart?"

Has that ever happened? It started as a con and is pretty consistent.

Posted by: Tyson Dunn ( )
Date: April 08, 2021 10:44AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.