Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: newcomer ( )
Date: April 06, 2021 01:21PM

Please watch "Q: Into the Storm" on HBO.

Did anybody else note the parallels betweeen the odd QAnon founders and Mormon missionaries going to Asia and marrying a "wife"?

To me, I have seen it far too often where these weird, maladjusted Americans go to Asia and are able to bring someone back as a wife when it is more likely than not that an American woman would not agree to marry them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2021 01:31PM by newcomer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: April 08, 2021 10:32PM

I watched it and did see parallels, both are White Supremacist CULTs built on hate and both are huge DJT supporters, but how is QAnon related to Mormon missionaries getting Asian wives?
How are the two related?
I'm sorry but I just don't get it.
I have a couple of nephews who are now ExMo's. One went to China after his Chinese speaking Mission in Texas, married a Chinese woman in China and returned here to have kids, she works and he stays at home taking care of the kids. It's kind of interesting. His brother went to Thailand and is Buddhist and a teacher there and has an Asian fiancé. They were both homeschooled and very awkward, but as adults, turned out to be very cool, despite the sheltered Mormon existence.
But I thought they were the exception.
Not a lot of Missionaries in Asian countries. Seems like missionaries have had extremely low success in Asia. Of course they're having extremely low success everywhere in general during Covid.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 07:20PM

In intelligence we call it a psyops.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 07:31PM

mormonism is a psyop.

Posted by: Get wise ( )
Date: April 13, 2021 05:58AM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mormonism is a psyop.

Psy-ops are set up to undermine the opposition. Who is Mormonism supposed to undermine? Christianity? If so, it's not been that successful.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: April 12, 2021 06:04PM

attorney, successful throughout life, some say I have an engaging personality and great sense of humor and I'm a white guy married to an Asian. OP's post was just incredibly racist. Not so much because it suggests that awkward dorks have to settle for Asians because the white and delightsome won't have anything to do with him but rather because it suggests that a smart, beautiful, accomplished Asian woman would EVER settle for an awkward dork. Sheesh!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 12, 2021 06:38PM

Agreed. The statement is unfair to both white people and Asians.

Posted by: Get wise ( )
Date: April 13, 2021 05:57AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.