Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: April 06, 2021 06:02PM

He says it at 1:42min in
https://youtu.be/eXVaFq_gDA0

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 06, 2021 06:08PM

57k confirmed.

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: April 07, 2021 02:17PM

Did I read him right that there's a backlog of 33K (they've sent 90k, and 57k are "confirmed" by TSCC)?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 07, 2021 05:09PM

It's 57K where the church completed the process. I'm guessing that the rest fell into a hole when the church started to insist on positive IDs, a notarized letter, etc. I think the exmos gave up at that point. Now people know going in with the lawyer what you need to complete the process.

Date: April 07, 2021 02:17PM

btw, cool video. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 06, 2021 07:02PM

What a charming fellow!

Too bad that like so many of us, he's going to a lower kingdom. Oh the sadness the church leaders must feel at not being able to retrieve the missing sheep.

Malaprop 5:21 "And the lost sheep partied and would not listen to the Lord's Global Faith Leader, while the faithful withered away into a mighty and powerful kingdom where it never rained and nothing would grow, like unto a vast and noble desert, yay, even Deseret."

Posted by: paisley70 ( )
Date: April 07, 2021 03:14AM

Nice use of word "Malaprop".

Date: April 07, 2021 12:16PM

Gracias!

I dated one of Mrs. Malaprop's granddaughters!!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 07, 2021 05:20PM

I bet her name was Infelicity?

Date: April 07, 2021 07:15PM

Defelicity Anne Malaprop. She never met a stranger she didn't want to know less about.

Date: April 06, 2021 11:10PM

Yes I am a daughter of perdition.This man is building up the ex mo community without a calling :)

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 06, 2021 11:39PM

Well if he doesn't have a calling, how can the resignations be efficacious?

Perhaps we could persuade our own Jesus to bless him with the power of the anti-priesthood. . .

Date: April 13, 2021 10:07PM

Oh how I wish the church would publish the resignation numbers.It would be fun to see what time of the year the resignations spike. If the resignation spike after General Conference? I wonder.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 06, 2021 11:51PM

And those are just the people who went through the lawyer. I have a feeling at least as many, if not more, have just done it on their own.

It's interesting that the church felt compelled to put up roadblocks. What an insane organization that can't just peacefully accept, "I quit."

Date: April 07, 2021 02:23PM

I agree on both counts:

A large number resign w/o the lawyer (although it's cool that he does it), and I suspect that many just drift away and go inactive.

Also sad that they can't just let people quit. Even TSCC would save time and money if they'd just let people log in and quit on their own website. Can you imagine the manpower required to process 90k+ resignations over the last few years?

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: April 07, 2021 12:16AM

Just think how many fulltime two-year missionaries it takes to replace 90K resignations with new converts. If every missionary averages one baptism on their mission, that's 90K fulltime missionaries going on missions, just to stop the attrition with out any new growth. And this guy never has to hand out anti-mormon literature outside of temple Square (the hard way if it even works at all). He doesn't have to speak in public nor debate religion with anyone. He is like the ultimate in reverse-missionary work. The only person to ever convert people as fast as this guy can process resignations is Jesus himself.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2021 12:21AM by azsteve.

Posted by: Perdition ( )
Date: April 07, 2021 05:01AM

They have $100 billion in reserves and a couple of billion in tithes each year.In the short to medium term, they can and will survive. Long-term, they can only find sizable number of converts in the developing world where tithes, of course, could be minimal at best and competition from other faiths,is intense. I expect the Morg will be sending vast numbers of missionaries into relatively high-income Asian countries like South Korea, Taiwan and Singapore. I haven't checked the stats but expect that process is already underway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2021 09:52AM by Perdition.

Date: April 07, 2021 01:29PM

That $100 Billion is only from the Ensign Peak fund. That's only one of many funds that a former Mormon book keeper disclosed when he left his job working for the church. Credible sources (which I have seen but couldn't locate in this moment) have disclosed publicly that there are five such $100B funds including this Ensign Peak fund. If true, that means that the Mormon church has roughly half a trillion dollars in assets just in these five funds alone.

Now that the church is wealthy, their mission is to keep these funds and they don't really need the members nor tithing anymore. Tithing revenues pale in comparison to the business profits from church-owned businesses.Sure, they'll take the tithing too. But now they only need a token number of members to maintain the illusion that they are a legitimate church. Too many members might even be a liability. To shake them loose, you fire the janitors and make the members clean the toilets. Keep the screws on them to pay tithing, and treat them like shit. Those who remain are just mindless drones. That's what the church wants. All is well in Zion as far as the church leaders are concerned.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 07, 2021 10:34AM

It still comes down to the instant they recieve the resignation you are no longer a member whether they like it or not!!!
Membership is a VOLUNTARY thing

Date: April 07, 2021 01:34PM

It's really sad that the way the church teaches people to grow-up is to mis-treat them. It's like beating up your children and then when they grow up and hate you, you brag about how well you prepared them for the real world. When you resign your church membership, you've graduated. No more lies, no more gaslighting.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: April 07, 2021 02:25PM

So, I'm a lazy apostate adulteress daughter of perdition. I love it.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 07, 2021 05:51PM

That's gotta be worth double points.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: April 09, 2021 12:45PM

cl2notloggedin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, I'm a lazy apostate adulteress daughter of
> perdition. I love it.

That's a great title. May I address you that way from now on?

I love it too, however-

I can't help thinking there's... well, surely you're more than that!

❤️

M@t

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.