Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 07, 2021 02:59PM

Testimony?

Do more defenders of the faith pop up here when their leader has an amiable personality? Do people put much stock into their head honcho's public persona?

In watching Rustle M.(ormon) Needlepin(nose) these last few years attempt to remove all the good juju (for JoJu's church) Hinckley and Monson created, I'm left to ponderize what these things mean to rank an file defenders of their faith in this polarizing position, er calling from The Lord.

I mean Rustle probably has really ruffled some feathers and like a Honey Badger from The House of The Lord he is old and don't care who he pisses off - slacker learners of his gospel and laxative taking disciples of his Lord.

The sole of their prophet is creepy and dusty with no good sound bites or public appearance. I guess his pontificating The Pope was probably the nadir of Prophet Eminelson.

He probably is a very hard prophet to get pumped at defending. Instead of getting excited about a spiritual head people are getting rapped at by a old Christian MC beating the JC beat over and over.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 07, 2021 07:00PM

I find that I have a difficult time getting a handle on Rusty. He doesn't seem like the sort of prophet who can inspire warm and fuzzy feelings, or alternately, put the fear of God into the membership. As a physician, I would think he would use his intelligence to drive his leadership style, perhaps appealing to reason and intellect, and yet he does not.

Posted by: lapsed2 ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 10:56AM

He has a bad “pulpit-side manor.”

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 07, 2021 07:25PM

If they can dismiss God's decision to pick dumb JS, they can justify God picking anyone. "He had his reasons to pick who He picked" blah blah.

I think nowadays the more someone looks like the cast of the Munsters, the more qualified they seem to be for prophet.

Date: April 08, 2021 10:42AM

He is the one overseeing a multi-billion dollar effort of working for dead people.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 12:18PM

Yup. My mother always said, "We don't know why the good Lord chose Joseph, we just know that he did."

I wonder if she thinks the same way about Russ.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: April 11, 2021 09:17PM

MORmONS and MORmON "thinking" (rationalizations) ....hilarious !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rOPRdjrlJE

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 07, 2021 07:38PM

n/t

Date: April 08, 2021 10:42AM

Truth.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: April 08, 2021 11:01AM

What I've seen is a doubling down on adoring their prophet with the mormons in my life. They can't possibly admit what they really think of him. I thought my daughter would NOT like him, but she has forced herself to. I can tell. She isn't "in love" with him like she was with Hinckley. Monson I didn't really get a read on what she thought of him. She went back to church with Hinckley.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 08, 2021 12:14PM

My Dad became inactive after SWK passed on. The new geezer called as profit didn't leave warm/fuzzy feelings. Of course, my ward had a new bishop who told the my ward that he had been called to straighten them out. I suppose that his opinions about the BoM didn't help either, he called it the JS fantasy book and it got him released as EQ secretary right away.

He took a 5 year hiatus from all the church's baloney. A new bishop and Hinckley taking over for the incapacitated ETB sucked him back into the church.

As a missionary, my missionary president told us to downplay the idea of a "living profit" when selling the mormon church.

Date: April 11, 2021 09:07PM

.....but he could be inspired by Gordon BS Hinckley (?)

more indication that the Book of MORmON church.....that no longer wants its own original name...... is just a very strange (weird) social club so far from its claims of being divinely commissioned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xphnhNopWUo

Date: April 11, 2021 09:12PM

oh, here is how and why MORmONS could find Gordon BS Hinckley to be inspired and inspiring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuN_ZDJKkPo

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 09:51PM

They adore him no matter what.

Date: April 11, 2021 06:45PM

donbagley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They adore him no matter what.

Most MORmONS were very fond of that RANCID POS Gordon BS Hinckley, because that dumb ass happened to be the "prophet", which goes a very long way in backing up what you just said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xphnhNopWUo

Date: April 11, 2021 09:38PM

that question would be based on the (bad) assumption that MORmONS actually know what they Hell they are actually "thinking", when NOT thinking much at all is a huge prerequisite to stay in the MORmON church / CULT

"how could anyone believe such a story!, it seems preposterous ! ....yet these people believed as they were instructed"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5eqps2O7s8

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.