Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: April 09, 2021 07:17PM

It should have said: so Zarahemla is about fifty miles south-south-east of the place where the two biggest rivers in the Northern continent come together. Rivers do change course, but ask any Lamanites in the area. They should be able to direct you. Just go there and start digging. You'll find a bunch of artifacts, coins, and some dilapidated buildings. And you should be able to read their records using the Gold Plates as a guide- you already know the original of most of the book, since it came straight from the Biblical Isaiah chapters, and a competent linguist should be able to at least get started after a couple of weeks. Those records will fill you in more about Jesus' visit to that part of the world. A whole bunch of really cool stuff about God and Jesus that Mormon wasn't able to engrave. The Nephite iron and steel works are about ten miles to the west. So just go. It's all there!

That's what the promise should have said. Amirite?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: April 09, 2021 08:46PM

If you don't know the way don't despair. Your Uber chariot driver will surely know how to find Zarahemla

Posted by: Perdition ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 03:36AM

Brother Zelph at your service. Enjoy the ride.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2021 03:40AM by Perdition.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: April 09, 2021 09:02PM

Whenever I stay in a motel, I always check to see if there is a Book or Mormon in one of the drawers. If I find one, I quickly look up the page that has Moroni 10:3-5 (doesn't take long since I used that page a lot on my mission) and tear that page out and throw it away, and put the book back in the drawer. The fool that finds that copy of the book never will think to pray about it. He won't be deceived as most of us here were. Is that evil :) ?

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 04:43AM

Book of Mormon pages make excellent fire starters. Since newspaper isn’t as prevalent as it used to be it’s worth keeping a Book of Mormon or a few around if you need to light the stove or fireplace.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 09, 2021 09:13PM

Honest people say the Book of Mormon is a lousy read. Dishonest people praise how good it is. I can see why Mrs. Harris hit the roof when she found out what her sucker of a husband mortgaged the farm for.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 10:17AM

Yes! Haha. I've always wished I could have been a fly on the wall in the Harris house that day.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 10:19AM

Imagine your spouse announcing he actually had "bought the Brooklyn Bridge" from a guy down the street. Which is basically what Mormonism is.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 09, 2021 10:34PM

From the mouths of babes and fools....and drunks!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.