Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Toronto Boy ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 10:13AM

Dusty Rusty,

I listened to your Sunday AM talk again. This time no video but just listened. You sounded very angry. Your words will upset family members who are struggling with a faith crisis, etc. Now my Church friends look at me like I am a Lazy Learner. I appear as a person who has doubts when all I have is information and I am looking for answers.

I then got out the statistics report. Did a little studying on this report and past conferences. So at $400 per month cost a missionary pays, its costs the Church about $2000 per baptism. Plus 2 years of the person's life wasted when they could be getting an education. The lazy way to bring people in the Church is to pay them the $2000 to join. Then the numbers go up. But that is another story. The stats are bad Rusty, you know it and I know it. But I am a Lazy Learner.

I am from Canada and understand the USA Constitution. That is because I am a Lazy Learner. So I understand your buddy's talk. The problem is how many world wide know, read, even understand the Constitution of the USA? Or even care about it. Will Oaks do a talk on our 2 page Constitution next time? Then England the following conference? You get the picture. I know I am a Lazy Learner because I studied the interviews and videos of those Church members who stormed your Capital Building. Got to give credit to Captain Morori all dressed up. he did the Church well with what he said. Problem was he knew his BoM stuff because he was a Lazy Learner and came across as a complete idiot as a Church member. Too bad you canceled the pageant. he was all dressed up for the part. You had to be proud of him.

So I am a Lazy Learner but do know my Church history. Your going to be the first Church President, CEO and prophet who is going to be able to say that "the Church did not grow under me. In fact is shrank." That might account for your anger in the talks.

Because I am a Lazy Learner I read the article on the Church in a Business magazine this past week, and how much money the Church made this past year on one stock. $300 million just on one stock. Way to go. I think I am going to invest in it to. So being a Lazy Learner this is what I put together. You announce 20 temples. Lets say they cost 10 million each. I know, because I used to be a Lazy Construction electrician. The quality is not in the temple buildings anymore. So I estimate that the amount you made from this one stock will more than pay for these temples. You do not even need tithing money.

I talked to some Church members this week that are not lazy learners. They love you. They read and quote every word you say. They see the Church as growing with the announcements of the temples. When I asked them if they studied the membership report they said no. They have no idea how much the Church is not growing over the years. They were shocked and felt I was a doubter and lazy learner because I studied the reports over the years. But again they are not Lazy Learners but I am.

So maybe Lazy Learners only see your anger. I wished my parents had taught me to be a Lazy Learner. Instead I got the "study it out in your own mind, ponder things , pray about things, etc."

One last question Dusty Rusty. At conference none of the top 15 guys ever said the Church was true. None of them ever said the BoM was true. Why is that? I am a Lazy Learner and would like to know why? Because I am lazy I think its because they know its not true. A follow up question. Why is the PoGP not quoted in conference anymore? These are observations from a lazy Learner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 11:10AM

You sort of make it seem like the Big 15 are in it only for themselves, for the adulation and the glory. I'm sure that couldn't possible be true. ;)

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 11:33AM

And the money, glory and adulation only go so far.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: April 11, 2021 06:28PM

Done & Done Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You sort of make it seem like the Big 15 are in it
> only for themselves, for the adulation and the
> glory.

They are in it for MOReMONey for them, just like Joseph Smith was.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 13, 2021 12:41PM

Done & Done Wrote:
> You sort of make it seem like the Big 15 are in it
> only for themselves, for the adulation and the
> glory. I'm sure that couldn't possible be true.
> ;)
adulation and glory mean nothing to the pure and holy!!
Just ask me because in my opinion I am one of that few
SO THERE

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 11:34AM

Has anyone (or No one) said doubters are 'the evil spawn of Satan <aka Stan>'?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 11:47AM

>> Because I am a Lazy Learner I read the article on the Church in a Business magazine this past week, and how much money the Church made this past year on one stock. $300 million just on one stock.

What stock, if I may ask?

I'm looking at an article from a year ago. At that point in time, Ensign Peak Advisors had $930 million dollars invested in Google, and $855 million in Amazon. Plus there was $1.5 billion dollars invested in both Apple and Microsoft.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/report-mormon-church-investment-fund-38-billion-69456874

That is just a shocking amount of money invested in private industry by a church.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 11:53AM

> That is just a shocking amount
> of money invested in private
> industry by a church.

Yes, but it's okay because it's a private church!

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 12:00PM

Tesla?

Posted by: Toronto Boy ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 12:30PM

Yes

I was also asked this week to provide a meal for missionaries as the ward is required to feed them lunch and dinner. I have no problem with that and took them to lunch. But what a waste of time these guys are having. Cant go into homes things done on line they are just bored. So if members are feeding missionaries that raises the cost per convert. In my mind this cost has gone up under the direction of church leadership for past few years. Sorry I am a Lazy Learner and just need to focus on God and Jesus and ignore the rest of the stuff. Am I bad

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 01:09PM

Lazy Learner means you didn't search hard enough to support church doctrine de jour.

In addition he also chastised members for speaking of their doubts with others.

So the church mantra is shut up until you convince yourself the church is true.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 01:17PM

Heartless Wrote:

> So the church mantra is shut up until you convince
> yourself the church is true.

The subtext is: we can discard, ignore, contradict or reverse anything any leader said Yesterday...

just ignore the man behind the curtain!

Posted by: Perdition ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 01:56PM

All you need is a burning in your bosom...and your doubts will disappear.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 05:08PM

I looked at church history with my Lazy Eye.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 05:34PM

Date: April 10, 2021 05:34PM

I'm laughing waaaaayy too hard. Must be tireder than I thought.

Date: April 10, 2021 05:57PM

Me too. I snorted.

We all need a good chuckle 3x/day. At least.

Today so far I've had my work computer die, my breakfast spill and splosh all over my newly professionally cleaned light beige living room carpet, staining it already, a hacking cough return, to my dismay, and I have to move (wail and gnash time) and everybody busy so nobody to talk to. Wah!

So yeah. Laughs are most welcome. I love a good pun, especially in unexpected places. I pat myself on the back if I understand them. Because. Sometimes they fly over unrecognized and unappreciated.

Especially in our Pandemic Times with all its extra concern, inconvenience, isolation and stress. I'm switching to watching cartoons in place of news.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2021 05:57PM by Nightingale.

Date: April 10, 2021 06:14PM

Food tastes twice as good when you are starving. And I think a good joke is way funnier during tense times. But bradley's was just plain hysterical no matter what. We must give thanks to Russ for setting him up. Finally the big guy is useful for something.

The best thing to use to get stains out of carpets is red wine. ;)

Date: April 10, 2021 06:27PM

Done & Done Wrote:

> The best thing to use to get stains out of carpets
> is red wine. ;)

What? If I drink enough I won't care about the stained carpet?

Sounds like an idea worth trying out. Medicinally speaking. For my cough.

You know too how they say Laughter is the Best Medicine? I'm *still* laughing about The Lazy Eye. Too, too funny.

My paternal grandfather had a pronounced lazy eye (so-called). I didn't know until my adult years that his eye was actually blind. I never thought to ask my parents how that happened - it didn't look like it was present from birth. Now they're all gone. My curiosity about family details like that only deepens as time goes by and there are fewer and fewer people to give answers.

Isn't it amazing how a word or phrase can evoke memories that may have nothing at all to do with the original thought. Our brains are amazing machines!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2021 06:28PM by Nightingale.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 06:57PM

I didn’t bother to read this because I’m too lazy.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 09:36PM

Rusty certainly would classify me as a lazy learner. However, I have had a burning in my bosom. And yes the Chili Verde was so good I'd risk that burning again.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 09:41PM

You know the Chile Verde in the Celestial Kingdom is going to be to die for!!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 09:47PM

I am told, however, that there is systemic racism in the Celestial Kingdom. You and I would end up serving hors d’oeuvres.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: April 11, 2021 04:58AM

Also, a Lazy Learner here according to ole Rusty's thinking. And, my laazzy learning has really been super-duper handy because it has shown me that (finally) this self-declared prophet has had what can be declared (finally) a bonafide rather angry....

REVELATION!!! Befitting a Mormon Prophet!!! (I guess)

CONGRATS RUSS!!!

He has revealed that when he stamps his foot like a two-year-old because his peons are choosing to take a hike out of his club rather than stay for the LIES and boredom any longer, he calls them childish, demeaning names, you know, again like a two-year-old.

"Mommie, you are a meanie and I am going to tell daddy on you. I want another cookie!"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2021 05:01AM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: April 11, 2021 12:16PM

They always have to throw out insults to those of us who reject their lies.

As I said the other day, I'm definitely a lazy learner. I GAVE UP on saving my husband from damnation. I grew up worrying about what other people thought of me, but I don't give a damn what the mormons think of my failures, my laziness, my sinful ways. I rather enjoy being the bad girl. I especially enjoy making Rusty angry. If I wasn't already out, he'd be a reason to consider it. He is the worst "prophet" I think I've seen in my lifetime. And his wife. OMH. I'm still just waiting for him to kick the bucket.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.