Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mythb4meat ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 01:04PM

On Facebook there is 2 black Mormon females using the name "Sistas in Zion" Zandra is one of them.

Dated March 22, they made a post, now with 543 replies, regarding properly wearing garments over or under the bra. It is incredible to see the many ladies who have been ridden with guilt and fear over this issue. Some have lived in oppression, wondering if they are violating any of the Brethrens' wishes, or God's preference. Very sad....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 01:07PM

Gotta be Nitt-Picky about the slightest details while diluting if not outright ignoring Honesty, Kindness, etc., that's a distinguishing feature of MoCULTure.

myself: I don't wear a bra or garments, I prefer being nude as much time as I legally can.

It's been suggested that bras cause or are linked to diseases including cancer, but I doubt that.

'FREE THE NIPPLES!'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2021 01:15PM by GNPE.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 01:39PM

Living in fear because of how you choose to wear your underwear ?

Date: April 10, 2021 01:44PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Living in fear because of how you choose to wear
> your underwear ?

Yes, but about 90% is from whom you purchased it...
the remaining ~ 10% is a Mousetrap designed to ensnare the unwary.

Didn't the temple matron instruct women on the proper way?
(if no, she was delinquent)

If Yes, and U fail to comply, it's on U!

just sayin'

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 02:17PM

If they went through the temple they should know that the garments must be touching the skin, which means other clothing should be worn on the outside. It would look kind of strange if the garments were worn over the bra. It just wouldn't work. It is counter intuitive though because bras are worn under slips.

I remember wearing underpants on top of my garments during "that time of month" for extra protection. Even when one has a very nice figure it's impossible to look good in such a getup. Talk about a mood killer.

I'm surprised the "Sistas in zion" haven't been reported to their local ward "authorities" for posting about the sacred garments.

Date: April 10, 2021 04:11PM

Why do you think they haven't been outted?

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 04:45PM

heartbroken Wrote:
> If they went through the temple they should know
> that the garments must be touching the skin, which
> means other clothing should be worn on the
> outside.

Exactly. They explain that to you in the temple when you get your garments.

I've been working from home for over a year. I haven't had on a bra within that period of time either. I hate them with a passion. I've never found a comfortable one. It will be really difficult to get used to wearing one again when I eventually have to go back to the office.

But I actually did like wearing them over my garments better. The garments cushioned the uncomfortable parts of the bra.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 06:06PM

Greyfort Wrote:
> heartbroken Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If they went through the temple they should
> know
> > that the garments must be touching the skin,
> which
> > means other clothing should be worn on the
> > outside.
>
>
> Exactly. They explain that to you in the temple
> when you get your garments.

I must have been a more clueless convert than I even thought. I didn't know about this during my Mormon Interlude. And must have missed that little gem in the temple ceremony. I don't remember ever wearing the bra over the garment. Ewwwwwwwwww. How is that not *more* uncomfortable, with all that fabric bunching up under/around/over the bra? (I imagine).

As I've mentioned before, I took a sister missionary to my GP once as she was very ill, with no apparent concern from the Mormon crowd. She had a terrible cough so he wanted to listen to her chest. She opened her blouse but went no further. The MD looked for a second and then said "Uh, OK" and proceeded to try and listen through his stethoscope over top of all the material and the bra clamping it down, but he didn't try for long and didn't mention what he heard, if anything. *I* was embarrassed - don't know how she felt.

Why does it have to be just so weird?

(If I did hear that instruction in the temple - which if so I have forgotten now that it happened, I would likely have transgressed by doing it the more "normal" way, with bra first, g second. Would I go to hell for that?).

Date: April 10, 2021 07:30PM

Can't a physician hear lung sounds from the back?

O, but gotta put loyalty & conformance - compliance to (silly) rules & protocols ahead of one's health,

My Bad.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 11, 2021 12:29AM

Nightingale Wrote:

> How is that not *more* uncomfortable, with all that
> fabric bunching up under/around/over the bra? (I
> imagine).

It just took a little tug here and a tug there and that flattened
it out underneath.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: April 15, 2021 01:58AM

We don't talk about these things much, but my sister once told me that my mom has always worn her bra under her garments. My sister thinks it was more common back in the day, though she's not an expert on the subject, My mom is 75.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 03:47PM

IN ~ 4 links to pics ~

thx ~

Posted by: Aaron ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 08:01PM

Grow up perv

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 08:30PM

Psst. It was a joke.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 09:39PM

Thank you for standing up for righteous pervs, who just wanna see stuff for free that ever so many people pay money for.

Date: April 10, 2021 09:48PM

As long as Jesus is okay with it.

Date: April 10, 2021 11:35PM

I know it was a joke, an immature pervy joke. I stand behind what I said- grow up- stop being so pervy all the time.

Date: April 10, 2021 11:36PM

Consistency is the hobgoblin of the mature mind.

Date: April 10, 2021 11:39PM

I think we will survive.

Date: April 10, 2021 11:45PM

Its not a federal case, I just find some of his posts as icky.

Date: April 10, 2021 11:47PM

He pushes the boundaries sometimes, but his humor brings a nice interlude--and often he hides substantial points in what appears to be mere EODery.

Date: April 11, 2021 02:15AM

His humor is apparently over my head. Im not used to such high brow boob jokes.

Date: April 11, 2021 02:15AM

:)

Date: April 11, 2021 12:32AM

Ask not for whom the bell is icky . . .

Date: April 11, 2021 12:35AM

He meant "icky," you meant "sticky."

You really should take better care of your bell.

Posted by: Oscar Wilde ( )
Date: April 11, 2021 04:51PM

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 09:20PM

It is another step toward total mind control.
The organization is controlled by an ecclesiastical hierarchy that seeks to control the member's every behavior, information thought, emotion, and sexual practice 24 hours a day 7 days a week

Posted by: mythb4meat ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 10:42PM

The "Sistas in Zion" are rather prolific posters on Facebook, with a large LDS following. I believe that since they are "women of color" they enjoy a free pass from LDS leaders.

It seems they are converted Protestants who have NOT fully studied or comprehended Mormon theology and doctrine. And surely they do not see the ramifications of a god who used to be a mortal human being "just like us".

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: April 13, 2021 01:55AM

They are two African American LDS women.

Pass? Yes, like most black LDS, like Gladys Knight and The Night Fits (I think it is).

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: April 11, 2021 05:53AM

Bras are engineered to work on bare skin.

I tried wearing various types of bras over the garments, and the garments were too slippery. If I moved around, the back of the bra would slip and slide up, causing the front of the bra to angle down, and giving zero support. Of course, the straps would slide off the shoulders. One good session of cooking, reaching in the cupboards for dishes, reaching across the table to set it, moving the chairs, etc, I would completely wiggle out of my bra. The same happened with dancing, bowling, playing ping-pong, wrestling with kids. I wouldn't wear garments for sports. In order to stay in place, the bra had to be cinched so tight that it cut off my circulation and inhibited movement. No wonder Mormon women don't seem as active as other women.

Not to mention what the garment bottoms do, if you don't wear human panties under them...we all know about that.

Me, while looking at the old-style one-piece flare leg women's garments: "Um, what if I have to go to the bathroom?"

Temple sales clerk and money-changer: "You pee through one of the leg openings." That's another piece of bad advice that doesn't work.

Ew.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: April 11, 2021 12:07PM

What I hated is the bra would always slip up when you'd reach up or even pick up your kid. I had forgotten about that. Never have to pull my bra back down these days. I'm lucky in that I work at home and have for YEARS and so I just sit here in pjs all the time I work. It is much more comfortable.

The thing I forgot about is not letting your garments touch the ground. I had been married for many years before I remembered that one. My garments were unholy since I didn't worry about them getting on the floor. But then when someone reminded me, I remember my parents always made sure they were not touching the floor.

Oh well. I was just such a rebellious child. NOT! My one big sin is letting my garments touch the floor.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: April 11, 2021 12:28PM

It has been a few years since we have met with other exmo's for the first time. A true sign of a true cult is that complete strangers (former members of the cult) will openly discuss underwear within minutes of meeting each other. What other religion creates such a culture?

Date: April 11, 2021 04:44PM

Yep.

Posted by: A blushing Fiend ( )
Date: April 11, 2021 05:03PM

Some female garments have sewn-in support: some athletic tops, formal evening wear, etc. with bra cups sewn in. (Not an expert, but I do know that much.)

Would it be a radical theological departure for TSCC to design a garment with built-in bra cups, and perhaps a stretchband going around the back to um...keep...things...in place?

Date: April 11, 2021 05:24PM

Remember, it's just a woman-thing, so what would it matter to the church?

Date: April 15, 2021 02:38AM

perhaps AbF thinks the GAs 'care'....

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: April 15, 2021 01:12PM

It's an amazingly good idea though.

Perhaps a potential cottage industry business idea for an LDS woman of skill who doesn't already have enough to do. :)

Wouldn't it be funny if someone tried it and the GA's stepped in to give a detailed explanation about why such a design doesn't meet with church standards?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2021 01:13PM by Nightingale.

Posted by: A still-blushing Fiend ( )
Date: April 15, 2021 02:05PM

Whereas Christians are told to "pick up your cross" and follow Christ, Mormons are told to endure weird underwear.

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: April 16, 2021 03:25PM

Someone on there said that because she was so tall, she was accused by the RS president of rolling them up, so she lifted her skirt to show that they were in fact, too short for someone "built like a Barbie doll."

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 16, 2021 04:58PM

For what it's worth to this thread, a recent article in the Journal's Off-Duty section focused on a return of corsets as a fashion item. In most cases, the corset is worn, and thus displayed, over other clothing.

Date: April 16, 2021 07:22PM

I've lost 30 pounds during the pandemic, so I gotz ta get me one of them there corsets! I think I would totally rock a black corset with Aztec grommets. Then my nephews & nieces could call me Tío Tehuacan!

ETA:  okay, okay, okay!  Yes, I am an only child!  NO ONE will ever call me Tío Tehuacan.  Happy now?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2021 07:26PM by elderolddog.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.