Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 11:35PM

This link goes to a short video...

It's of a painting hanging on an art gallery wall.

The camera starts at a position to the left of the canvas and then moves to the right (from the viewer's perspective), moving across the canvas, ending up looking at the canvas from the right side.

What you see is phenomenal. That's the word I picked, but so many would suffice. Even saying it's michiokakuy works!

https://gfycat.com/whirlwindunevenbettong

ziller: no stripper poles...sorry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 10, 2021 11:41PM

Michio Kaku would consider that God. So too Einstein, Hawking, Epicurus, Sagan, Dawkins, and of course Maher.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 12, 2021 10:05AM

Very clever. Extremely well executed. Nothing new, but, the best I have ever seen this concept brought to fruition. What tease.

With art, I am at the opposite end of the spectrum where every thick stroke of a brush laid down passionately, instinctively, speaks more than the image itself.

Very cerebral this painting is. Reminds me how compartmentalized our brains are and that "the gut" is hiding out somewhere in the skull as well, keeping its secrets in a very INTJ way.

Michio Kaku. I would say he is past being intrigued more than mildly by this unless it jars an enlightenment on String Theory as aha moments can come from anywhere. Would he have a visceral reaction? What balances out his very cerebral M.O. Must investigate his wild side some time.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: April 12, 2021 11:04AM

If only they could invent a mirror for us oldsters that goes from right to left reversing the process.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 12, 2021 11:13AM

I have found it helps to hang upside down when looking in the mirror.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.