Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: April 12, 2021 05:25PM

It is embarrassing to me to read some of the things that friends and family share on social media. I mean some of it shows such bias, such ignorance or even downright prejudice. Are some of them itching for a confrontation? Maybe I am more of an introvert than I thought I was. It just astounds me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: April 12, 2021 06:25PM

I still don't post a lot of stuff except maybe about dogs! Some pictures of family.

My daughter posts mormon stuff every day almost. She posts a scripture she read that day with all her markings. I never was one for talking about my beliefs even as a believing mormon and I didn't get up and bear my testimony unless forced.

I have friends who share every little thing about their health. Some of the mormons closer to my age tend to post a lot to make them look like they are holier than everyone else.

I'm on there mostly to follow my daughter when she is in Alaska (and she is leaving in 2 weeks) and I use it for messenger. Otherwise, I'd get off.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 12, 2021 08:38PM

I only post toasties.

Posted by: Sharapata ( )
Date: April 12, 2021 09:28PM

I am old enough to remember when many folks would insist on having an unlisted telephone number in the phone book (remember those?) for the sake of their privacy. Yet these days, many more folks don't even think twice of plastering their whole lives, not to mention a lot of their personal information, on a social media site that the entire world can see.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: April 13, 2021 01:57PM

I don't have very many fb friends. The ones I have most asked to be my friend (many neighbors). I had an unlisted number up until I got rid of my home phone since my husband left in 1996. Only my ONE VT had my phone number in the ward and she never gave it out, even though she was a prominent member in the ward.

It is very difficult to get hold of me for ANYONE.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.