Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: April 18, 2021 06:46PM

‘ the more lives i see ruined by journalists, the more evil reporters i see hell bent on profiting from the misery of others, the more i’m happy Joseph Smith burned down a printing press.” Kwaku

https://twitter.com/thekwakuel/status/1382891189632782336?s=21

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 18, 2021 06:51PM

Joseph’s Myth was anti-American and anti democratic and violated the US Constitutional guarantee of ‘Freedom of the Press’ and freedom of speech, just to cover up his sex crimes he actually committed against his followers wives and teenage daughters, and Mormons like Kwaku KNOW this and choose to sing his praises with their fingers in their ears singing lalalal as loud as they can, hoping you will tire someday and just give up out of exhaustion.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 18, 2021 07:04PM

I think Kwaku likes the attention.

I wonder if he has ever read that issue of the Nauvoo Expositor (it's online.) If he had, he might realize that the newspaper was exposing Joseph's polygamy in a fairly non-sensationalistic manner. In an age when the average first age of marriage for women was about 23 years of age, Joseph was having illicit sex with young teenage girls. He was ruining those girls' chances for a legal marriage at a proper age, where the girls could live openly with their husbands, and enjoy their husbands' support in a home of their own.

Absolutely no one should be surprised that the community was up in arms about this.

Date: April 19, 2021 02:21PM

Joseph Smith’s and Brigham Young’s sexual abuse victimized not only the actual victims, but also their parents and in at least 11 well documented cases, the victim’s husbands.
Take Henry Jacobs, who was destroyed and had his wife and kids stolen from him, by those two sexual predators, who took advantage of Henry’s absence, while serving 8 overseas missions for the church, to stay behind and practice spreading their seed wide and far with Henry’s wife Zina.
The final straw was being sent away on an overseas mission, halfway to Salt Lake, so Brigham could take possession of Henry’s wife and kids and live openly with her as one of his many in his crowded stable of wives.
Henry writes in his final heartbreaking letter to Zina, that he has given up trying to win her affection, because after all, who am I to question, when Joseph Smith was a God?
Apparently his followers are STILL operating under that impression and becoming cuckolded in the process in The CULT of Joseph’s Myth of Doomsday Cucks.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: April 18, 2021 07:22PM

The 12th Article of Faith: “We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.”

And yet, Mormons parrot the line “Joseph Smith was in jail on trumped up charges.”

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 18, 2021 07:24PM

Is Quacku suggesting that journalism be banned ?

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: April 18, 2021 07:27PM

Kwaku will eventually leave Mormonism mark my words :) who plays with fire will get burned. Kwaku has no chance in defending the false gospel that is so easily proven. The material is right under his finger tips.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: April 18, 2021 08:09PM

I don't think he understands or cares about 99.98% of the crap he spouts. He would light his hair on fire if it would get him a bit of attention. He should stick to promoting his raves.

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: April 18, 2021 09:00PM

I must really be getting old. Who the heck is Kwaku and what does he do that I should be aware of him? Will my life be better knowing or is this a case of ignorance being bliss?

Date: April 19, 2021 12:14AM

Kwaku El, was a BYU student who threw underground raves in basements at BYU in the midst of a global pandemic. He also stared as the prime token black guy FAIR LDS used to satirically discredit the CES letter and build up millennials.
Which FAIR had to disband after the backlash.

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2020/12/23/mormon-land-is/

Posted by: Geraldo! ( )
Date: April 19, 2021 07:45AM

Joe destroyed the press for printing the Truth.

Can't let Truth get in the way of religions lies, can we?

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: April 19, 2021 09:51AM

I think giving any LDS apologist press on this BB is a mistake. Let them piss into the wind. All of them. This BB is about healing, not shitty apologetics.

2 cents.

HH =)

Date: April 19, 2021 11:43AM

Valid opinion. I don’t think anybody here takes this apologist seriously, especially after even FAIR had to admit his ad hominem attacks went too far for their delicate tastes, but it what I found striking was here we are, 21 yrs into the Google Age and the 21st Century, and a black millennial Mormon is YouTubing Praise To The Man, knowing full well that man violated the constitution, to cover up his sexual exploits (rape).
Recovery, it seems to me, involves examining the pathology of delusion, to understand how we ourselves fell under the spell of that same pathology.
And how to navigate living with our loved ones, who still sing the praises of a rapist, in a Church that put the CULT back in rape CULTure.
And why we chose to leave it, in good conscience.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: April 19, 2021 03:20PM

token black mormon ~

he be half black and half gay ? ~

that seems about right ~

Date: April 19, 2021 09:39PM

I didn’t know much about him before I googled him after the OP, but I guess he got into a war of words with John Dehlin and Jeremy Runells which resulted in those two calling the cops on Kwaku, and everybody suddenly distancing themselves from Kwaku and denouncing his tactics in the press, after the backlash against Kwaku’s/FAIR Mormon’s “Satyrical” ad hominem attacks and character assassinations.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: April 20, 2021 01:00AM

Why did they call the police?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 20, 2021 01:08AM

Inciting violent threats.

Date: May 04, 2021 08:51PM

Date: May 04, 2021 09:05PM

Here is the apology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U7Scnb4wWM

I personally wonder why it took me so long to figure out the Mormonism is false.

Date: May 05, 2021 11:39AM

subeamnotlogedin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here is the apology.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U7Scnb4wWM
>
>
> I personally wonder why it took me so long to
> figure out the Mormonism is false.

Don’t beat yourself up over it, we all took too long. I attribute it to Confirmation bias and sunk cost fallacy.
Like Sagan said,

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.“

Posted by: dogbloggernli ( )
Date: April 19, 2021 10:11PM

My understanding is Joseph didn't violate the US Constitution, at least the press protection in the first amendment. The first amendment hadn't been incorporated against the states at that point. It only limited the federal government actions.

But certainly Illinois laws were violated.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.