Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: subliminal ( )
Date: May 01, 2021 02:28AM

Forgive me if this is against the rules. I have a suspicion that something abuse related happened to me when I was younger by a church member but I blocked all of it out completely. It wouldve happened somewhere in the mid 2000s. Maybe 2005 or so. I know the mans last name but I dont know his first. Is there someone that can help me that has access to membership records? I want to look up more info on this person but I dont have a first name

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2021 02:32AM by subliminal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Adam the Warrior ( )
Date: May 13, 2021 01:44AM

I know what its like to look for answers about abuse when the past is mostly blurry because of it all. Not sure how to look up people really. In my situation the guilty never got prosecuted they just let me take the fall for all their actions basically while they still are living outside of jail to this day. At least my mother admitted that she should have been locked up in jail but I had to expose her first to a professional to finally get her to admit it. As for the two other guilty parties, they have never admitted guilt nor taken accountability for any assaults against me to this day. But, I learned they are narcissists so what else do you expect from those type of scumbags.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 13, 2021 11:49AM

I regained many memories of being sexually abused by a sibling and a scoutmaster when I was approaching 50. Put my life in an incredible tailspin.

I looked up my abuser and wish that I had not. He went on to be a serial abuser even administrating an Internet forum for pedophiles. He claimed he was "dating" twelve year old boys.

Last I knew when I was young was he was locked up in the Utah State Penn for abusing kids at the Utah Mental Hospital where he worked as a thug for making them conform.

Little did I know he was let out crossed the country and led a life of continuing to hurt kids. I won't look him up anymore. I'm moving on.

Posted by: Adam the Warrior ( )
Date: May 13, 2021 03:49PM

One abuser found me on facebook (a scout master also) a while ago and it triggered me big time so I stopped getting on facebook. He wanted to know if he could help me with anything but I knew he just felt guilty for what he did decades ago to me. The guy got away with a strangulation attempt against me that changed my life for the worst from that point forward. I am greatful that it was not a molestation but it was still very traumatic and I still struggle with PTSD from that and the entire religion with a narcissist family experience really was extremely traumatic also. The whole thing was a living nightmare basically with my eyes open.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 17, 2021 02:32AM

Elder Berry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I looked up my abuser and wish that I had not. He
> went on to be a serial abuser even administrating
> an Internet forum for pedophiles. He claimed he
> was "dating" twelve year old boys.
>
> Last I knew when I was young was he was locked up
> in the Utah State Penn for abusing kids at the
> Utah Mental Hospital where he worked as a thug for
> making them conform.
>
> Little did I know he was let out crossed the
> country and led a life of continuing to hurt kids.
> I won't look him up anymore. I'm moving on.

----------------
It's hard to imagine more concrete evidence that your recovered memories were real. I'm sorry for you, my friend, and for everyone else who has undergone such devastating events.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 17, 2021 08:33AM

Sounds like a case for Dexter.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: May 15, 2021 03:12AM

Just try Mr.
(That should work)

If not, try Dr.
(You may have luck)

Lastly, try Brother
(That's pretty likely)

You'll find your man!
Stick with my plan.

Your lawyer can help with abuse

We are not your lawyer

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 16, 2021 09:31PM

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: May 17, 2021 12:06AM

Unfortunately, proving abuse amounts to one side against the other unless you are fortunate to have a video account and that piece of film will be investigated up the wall to see if it's the real thing.

There is the time frame laws, were any witnesses around that saw something suspicious, and then there is the cleverness of the abuser who often does an outstanding job of covering all of his bases.

Like others have voiced, I too, was abused eons ago when I was under six. I hit a crisis in my late twenties, starting asking questions as I was exposed to all sort of crap due to my dad being an alcoholic and gambler and my mom loving him, covering for him over and over again, even doing some of his jobs for him. Abuse is an addiction in my opinion, and unless the abuser wants help, it will continue.

I am truly sorry this happened in your life. My advice is to concentrate on taking care of yourself by learning what it takes to heal. For me, counseling, tons of reading, and time all were needed to begin the process of education and healing.

Do take care of yourself; eat well, get up and get going even if you failed to sleep much because of the nightmares, and tell yourself over and over that you are "enough", you are a beautiful human being deserving of as much happiness and completeness as any human being. You were an undeserving and naive victim, but not anymore.

And when I finally got to the point I could honestly say out loud that I wished wellness for this person, my healing kicked into a faster speed.

Best of luck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2021 12:10AM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: Anon survivor ( )
Date: May 17, 2021 07:14AM

There were a lot of creepy people around when I was at school. Even low level stuff. I remember when I was about 12 or 13, we played an away game at another school, and the nurse from that school kept walking through our locker room when we were undressing and even staring into the showers when we were in them. After it happened for the third or fourth time one boy just went and stood in her way naked and crossed his arms and made some remark. It was funny to us at the time, but it is really weird looking back at it decades on.

The younger you are the less you remember though. But yeah, women can be just as creepy as men.

My main trouble was physical abuse though. I was hit so badly by some people that I got injured for weeks or months.

Posted by: anon4thistime ( )
Date: May 20, 2021 01:00PM

I wish that I had some answers, but I don't.

Molested as an infant by babysitter and boyfriend. Left unattended in dark room for hours.

Had some physical abuse too. Don't know how but I could never sit on my knees in kindergarten. Caused ire from teachers/aides and I was kicked in the arse to sit right.

Was physically, emotionally and sexually abused by family member.

Was molested by neighbor's child at the age of 9.

As a result, I don't like to be held or touch. That's pretty rough in a marriage.

Around 40, started suffering from bouts of depression.

I continue to fight the demons that bog me down.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.