Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 03, 2021 11:24AM

My sister and her family are staunch believers in the AUB. About a decade ago there was a period of maybe 5 years where my sister would ask me if she could stay over at my place on her way to this place once or twice a year. I live in Jackson County.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/07/the-mormon-polygamists-who-believe-missouri-is-the-promised-land

Her husband I was told was teaching temple preparation classes to the people there. I was confused but didn't ask what that was all about since in the first year of these visits my sister and her husband had tried to convert me to their beliefs. They knew I didn't believe in Mainstream Mormonism anymore so I guess they thought I was game for their flavor.

And now know I know it is flavors. It seems that Mormon polygamy nowadays is a fractured mess and hodgepodge of believers everywhere there is a concentration of polygamists. I guess it depends on who you give your money to because I know that many of these groups of people live communally. I guess it is like working for a company. You own nothing of the company and you get to live and enjoy communal success as long as you are a believer but you leave everything once you leave?

Anyway, nice writeup on something I was curious about.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.