Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sb ( )
Date: May 07, 2021 11:29AM

The new version of Mormonism makes people discussing their revelations, doctrine and teachings look like fools:

Mormonism just needs you to stop talking and just listen to the still small voice, the undertone to every talk, message and recent book:

The doctrine is this; the church is true, so just keep paying and listening to this message, that is what makes it true.

In one shape or another, the non-apologies, the gaslighting, the denials, the lies...are all tired and lazy, impossible to hold up for long. They just jump from slogan to hashtags, from essay to back to slogans.

Are they conservative? Liberal? Christians? Good? Communists? anti-American? the most American of all? sure buddy, see you Sunday.

They are so twisted that Jesus or Smith would be excommunicated for their teachings and in turn, Jesus and Smith would condemned the church for theirs.

I hpe this new phase of lawsuits and dragging their finances into the light will pan out, however I fear that no matter what you show most of these folks, all their brain can handle is the recording the listen to on a loop: its true, keep believing, that will keep it true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2021 11:31AM by sb.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 07, 2021 02:18PM

The Spring, 2021 Y Magazine, which they continue to send me, in the vain hope that I will leave at least 10%, if not more, of my vast estate, has, on page 12, an article about digging into church history.  Of course, their definition of church history is extremely narrow, compared to our definition.

Of course, Come Follow Me (I don't even want to know!) is the main path to tread in this regard, but for those who want more, the article suggests, 1)  "Revelations in Context", prepared by those working on the Joseph Smith Papers and D&C Historical Resources;  2) the Y Religion Podcast, notably #2, Women and the Priesthood, #4, Remembering the First Vision, #17, The Missouri Danites, #24, Joseph Smith's growing understanding of the Eternal Family, and #25, God's Voice to his Daughters in D&C 25; 3) "Joseph Smith: Rough Stone Rolling".

I want to suppose that they put Rough Stone Rolling last, in hopes that boredom would have set in.

Apparently, many mormons take the church seriously!

Posted by: anonculous ( )
Date: May 07, 2021 06:29PM

It's nothing but a granfalloon.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 07, 2021 10:23PM

Don’t try to preach Bokononism here!

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: May 07, 2021 08:25PM

Now that the pandemic has glaringly demonstrated that The Priesthood is not worth diddly squat when it comes to preventing or curing disease, there is a whole new group of people whose shelves are at the breaking point.

And there are the pandemic deniers who are appalled that Rusty and the Gang take the pandemic seriously.

And people keep calling them Mormons.

Not a good time to be a prophet, seer and revelator.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: May 07, 2021 11:04PM

Loyalty is the first law of the church.

Posted by: Zelf the apostate ( )
Date: May 08, 2021 12:20AM

Remember GC Oct 2019.... next GC will be ever so special.....

GC April 2020, rusty said I promised something wonderful, but I could not have foreseen what the lord had in store for us.....

He didn't even try to cover..... something like the devil sent covid to ruin thee 200 anniversary of the first vision that never was.....

Posted by: Adam the Warrior ( )
Date: May 13, 2021 01:26AM

Jesus and I walked out of the church together on the same day I am pretty sure. Even though we did not like each other we both thought that it was the best move for the both of us to keep our sanity.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.