Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: May 11, 2021 09:16AM

What an idiot. But I'll bet he was well respected in his ward.
This guy made me embarrassed to even be an Exmo

https://www.ksl.com/article/50163338/heber-city-man-used-religious-overtones-in-2-sexual-battery-cases-charges-say

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: May 11, 2021 10:35AM

A much better line than "What's your astrology sign?".

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: May 11, 2021 10:44AM

Ok, “family home evening” and blessings both sound Mormon, but chakras? And what’s a “diotic companion”?

But, yeah, what an idiot.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 11, 2021 10:53AM

Start with, they were to be "diotic companions in the next life." "DIOTIC?" I had to look that one up. "Involving the simultaneous presentation of the same stimulus to each ear; (also) designating such a stimulus. Also more generally: using both ears; binaural. Compare "dichotic", monotic ." (Oxford Dictionary on-line.)

Talk about convoluted lines! By the way, one does not "balance" a chakra; one "aligns" it. Sort of metaphysical chiropractic.

Just as JS mis-used (and abused) the nomenclature and context of Christian revivalism, this guy mis-uses (and abuses) New Age beliefs and terms. I wonder if there are any journals left by JS's victims which state just what he said while pulling their skirts up?

Edit for Bro. Stinky: Yes, we both noticed that chakra nonsense. What this inept seducer (better: "abuser") did was a JS-type of maneuver: mingling Christian and miscellaneous concepts and terms, hoping that at least one of them would psychologically disarm his sexual target.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2021 10:57AM by caffiend.

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: May 11, 2021 09:17PM

".....and maybe he was taken over by an evil spirit."

Yeah, likely story!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 12, 2021 12:22AM

Everything about that story is bizarre. Two women go to someone's house for family home evening, it becomes late, and they decide to spend the night? That must have been quite some FHE.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 12, 2021 12:35AM

Is the thread title a pun ?

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 12, 2021 02:15PM

Like in the late 70s, early 80s, there was a fashion line called "Members Only." Popular in the disco crowd, I recall.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 12, 2021 01:31PM

This is weird stuff, with women believing it. I kept finding that in the church and especially at BYU. I knew of a few guys who would get a date with a woman, and try to score, using religion to make her feel more comfortable about it. And then there are the ones whom all of us know about, the guy that tells a woman that God told him to marry her. When (or if) the girl tells him to take a hike, he just goes onto the next, and so on; eventually he finds one who agrees to marry him. I was present when a former roommate asked one of the so-called "family home evening sisters" asked, right in front of her roommate and a couple of us if she would marry him. God had told him that she was the one. She calmly just said "no." Pretty embarrassing. It's what happens sometimes when you try to use religion to grab a girl for your eternal companion.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: May 12, 2021 05:48PM

"laying on of hands" literally. And did he use consecrated oil for the massage?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.