Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: May 12, 2021 01:28AM

Can you spot the two different kinds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwCMkfPIcPs

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 12, 2021 11:21AM

Man, they are sooo cute. That would cheer up anyone. Thanks.

I think you need 14 of them for pets.

Better times ahead for you, Nighty.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 12, 2021 03:32PM

Thanks, dagny. I'm sure about better times. Good things on the horizon.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 12, 2021 04:16PM

Everything ok?

Date: May 12, 2021 04:29PM

Yes, LR, thanks. I was just whining yesterday about not feeling well (literal pain in neck). Every little sniffle these days is scary due to the obvious (pandemic). And a few other life glitches piling up all at once.

My solution (ill-advised): Sit and listen to plaintive music. Wallowing, my mom would call it. I do love a good wallow.

I've decided to hang in there 'til June when things promise to be better. What other (reasonable) choice is there? :)

Date: May 12, 2021 09:43PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2021 09:46PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Date: May 12, 2021 09:45PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2021 09:46PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Date: May 12, 2021 09:48PM

I too enjoy a good wallow in music that gets me emotionally involved

Posted by: Tyson Dunn ( )
Date: May 12, 2021 12:47PM

Myself, I've taken up a "bunny census". When I'm out on my walks, I see how many bunnies I can spot.

Last year, I think we maxed at 14 on one walk. This year, the maximum has only been 4 so far, but we haven't walked as often or in as grassy areas.

We see more in the evening than in the morning, and in my last five morning walks, I've only seen one bun, and that was today, though I did see a chippy yesterday.

Tyson

Date: May 12, 2021 03:33PM

Hi Tyson. I've never encountered a bunny out and about. Sounds like fun.

You're counting bunnies, I'm tracking lilacs. Spring has sprung!

Posted by: vulcanrider ( )
Date: May 12, 2021 03:40PM

My Dachshund used to love it when we saw bunnies out walking...it was "chase on".

Date: May 12, 2021 07:08PM

The main species around here is the eastern cottontail which have mostly displaced the New England cottontail. The former do well in urban and suburban areas, whereas the latter hide in forested land and are considered a vulnerable or threatened species.

We get the occasional bunny in our yard, but we've not seen as many this year yet as last year.

Tyson

Date: May 12, 2021 03:29PM

Ha! Thanks Sus! I actually feel worse today (sore neck, what the heck is going on?). To make it worse, I had fallen asleep with the TV on. I ended up dreaming about Ted Cruz, bizarrely, and in my dream I was yelling at him. That woke me up fast and there he was on TV, locking horns with someone. Got to be careful what subliminal messages you expose yourself to! Took me a while to shake that one off. But the wombats did cheer me up. Just trying to force myself to get to work before the towering pile falls on me.

The wombats made me laugh. Kiss a dog. Lick a man with a beard. Scratching my head. Laying in dirt. Throw me in the laundry.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

So then a Dylan video popped up. Beautiful melody, lovely guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWmTGEV4XZE

As one lady commented: "Sing me a lullaby Bob honey". Indeed.

Then Neil Diamond showed up: My usual go-to - Jonathan Livingstone Seagull. "We dream we dream we dream". Makes me cry. Every single time.

Now I'm listening to his African Trilogy. It's imparting a bit of energy to me. (**some religious images in this one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMZW6jO3y5w

"And you shall be glad. And you shall dance."

"[People] can be taught to love" - Nelson Mandela

Thanks, Sus - I do feel better now.

To get a little weensy bit on topic: I always regretted the music in the Mormon ward I was in. Not great. No enthusiasm or inspiration. And a small selection. Maybe it's there with the MoTab for some people but not my taste at all. Funny I should think of that while Neil is whispering in my ear: "Glory-looking day". Poetry. That's what was missing for me in Mormonism, both in the music and scriptures.

There was a thread here recently about Tal Bachman and his dad Randy. Made me wonder (again) how that beautiful looking man, and that signature song of his (She's So High) could be part of such a staid religion. If there's music inside you, how can Mormonism be enough?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2021 03:33PM by Nightingale.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: May 12, 2021 04:22PM

I needed to change the flowers on my parents' grave as I was sick on mother's day and didn't get over there. That cemetery has lilac bushes along 2 sides of it and some in other places. They are all IN BLOOM. I put fake lilacs on my mother's grave (they are actually really pretty). She loved them, too.

And thank you for reminding me of Jonathan Livingston Seagull. I LOVE that music. Used to play it on the piano, but I'll just listen to it this time.

Date: May 12, 2021 04:33PM

Hi cl2. That's lovely about lilacs for your mom. Mine went with me every spring on my great lilac hunts. Her passion was roses.

I know, about Jonathan! I can listen to that video a dozen times over in one sitting. My dad really enjoyed the book. That was the topic of the last conversation we had before he died. I sadly can't really remember what we said.

Date: May 12, 2021 05:52PM

War and pestilence everywhere.

It gets depressing.

But there's always music.

If you choose something cheery.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 12, 2021 10:42PM

Fondling my trains makes me feel a lot better.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 13, 2021 11:41AM

Be careful about underage trains, Dave. Don't make us report you to your engineer.

Date: May 13, 2021 01:49PM

FWIW, this is also another excuse to get me out walking - 4.3 miles today.

I'll be blunt: I don't think walking clears my head or does anything like that, but it does get me out of the house, where I tend to spend too much time.

It's still a little chilly for gardening, though I guess we're planting this weekend. We'll see how things go.

Tyson

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.