Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: May 12, 2021 08:34PM

Who was miraculously healed and cured of cancer, which is the good news!
Bad news is, it returned with a vengeance and killed him, but besides that small detail, miracle of miracles, amiright?

https://latterdaysaintinsights.byu.edu/en/faith-to-not-be-healed/

I know your faith is racist AF, but do you have the decency to be anti-racist?
I’m not anti Mormon.
MORmONism is racist and I’m anti-racist!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 12, 2021 09:28PM

Was the guy who was cured of cancer but died of cancer a racist?

Date: May 12, 2021 09:42PM

He was MORmON, so 99% chance identifying with a racist cult makes you a racist.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 14, 2021 01:43PM

By your logic 99% of the people who tolerated slavery were slave owners.

Broad brushes seem so comfortably to fit things that they really don't.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 12, 2021 11:09PM

Do you have faith not to be paying tithing ?

Posted by: Adam the Warrior ( )
Date: May 13, 2021 12:43AM

Yes. Very strong faith in this department actually. I guess I am a man of faith.

Date: May 13, 2021 12:26AM

I guess the point he is trying to make is that we should have enough faith to accept God’s will for us, whatever it may be, even if it means his will is for us to die.

So what use is faith?
It helps us to delude ourselves into accepting our own death peacefully instead of struggling and doing everything we can to beat cancer?

And doesn’t that faith to accept Gods will make Christ a liar, since he said 3 time’s in the Bible we could move mountains into the sea with faith the size of a mustard seed?

Posted by: decultified ( )
Date: May 13, 2021 12:31AM

If Bedwetter ever asks "Do you have faith not to pay tithing?" then he might be worth a few extra seconds of attention. (He'll never ask that.)

Posted by: Adam the Warrior ( )
Date: May 13, 2021 12:46AM

Nope. Not a force on earth can separate a narcissist from their money. I definitely learned this truth growing up in that operation. Greed for money is their secret first article of faith.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: May 13, 2021 12:34AM

On my mission I heard a joke about a guy who presented two missionaries with a cup of poison. He said "You should be able to drink this poison and if you have the power God, then he will not allow the poison to harm you". One of the missionaries replied "I'll tell you what. Why don't you drink the poison and through your faith, we'll raise you from the dead?".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2021 12:35AM by azsteve.

Date: May 13, 2021 12:45AM

If people really had faith in God they wouldn’t look both directions before crossing the road.

Date: May 14, 2021 01:44PM

By your logic anyone with faith in God should be stupid or they aren't true believers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2021 01:44PM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: May 13, 2021 08:28PM

There is no power in the priesthood. One of the things you test out yourself and know it is complete crap.

Date: May 13, 2021 09:15PM

I had a literal crazy story about the priesthood.
In Oz we had a couple of Mormons Asian guy and Aussie wife, who were super friendly to the missionaries. She was a hair stylist and cut missionaries hair for either free or next to nothing. We got to be really good friends. She taught me how to cut her hair and She gave me my first haircut I really liked by convincing me just to work with my massive cowlick and go with it.
Then after knowing them for a few months I got a call from her and she was having a crisis and needed us to come to her house as soon as possible. I knew that she and her husband had some mental issues, but never really got into their medical conditions too much. When we got there and she was in distress, her husband was there and he was just silent. He disappeared and it was just her and us two missionaries. She told us she was schizophrenic her meds were not working and she heard that it was caused by demons and she felt like she was possessed and wanted me to cast out this demon.
I was obviously young and dumb and figured, hell, I’d seen the Exorcist, I had more power and authority than any Catholic priest, so why not? So we did it. We laid our hands on her head and I just said,”Lynn, by the power and authority of God I cast out the demon that is in you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen”

She sat still for a long time then turned around with tears in her eyes and told me she felt this evil spirit leave her body and she felt so relieved.

We remained friends and she got ahold of me later and told me the good news, after 12 years on psychotropic drugs her Dr. pronounced her cured and took her off of her meds, which had caused her to be sterile, but since going off her meds, she said she was able to finally get pregnant. They had a baby girl soon after that and she recovered and led a normal life.

I have no other way of explaining that experience other than maybe her illness was purely psychosomatic and the drugs were contributing to her psychosis. All it took was the suggestion that a demon was causing this and could just be ‘cast out’ like Casper the friendly ghost, was enough for her to believe she was cured and that cured her.

I know it sounds like a stretch, but I told you, literally crazy.

Date: May 14, 2021 01:45PM

schrodingerscat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know it sounds like a stretch, but I told you,
> literally crazy.

Crazy what the mind can do attempting to make things fit a world view.

Date: May 14, 2021 03:45PM

Cal Logos at Logos Motors told you to say that, didn't he?

Date: May 14, 2021 05:10PM

Carl did. He came to me in the night as a resurrected angel. He wants to set the record straight about God.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 14, 2021 02:04PM

"...after 12 years on psychotropic drugs her Dr. pronounced her cured..."

I would have a hard time believing that an MD would make this statement.

Psychotropics can alleviate some symptoms of mental illness but they do not *cure* it.

So there's that.

If this actually happened (she lived "a normal life" after that) maybe that MD could share this breakthrough with the world. That would be the most amazing blessing of all.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2021 02:07PM by Nightingale.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 14, 2021 02:04PM

Not a stretch. A guy in my ward did exorcisms. The teenage daughter of someone in the bishopric was dabbling in black magic and became possessed by an evil spirit. My DW at the time could see and communicate with spirits so she knew it was in there. The church teaches that spirits can’t read your thoughts, but they can. This one knew what she was thinking. They communicate telepathically. Anyway, our exorcist fasted for three days as Jesus instructs in the Bible and did the job. No more demon. As whacked out as the church is, the Priesthood works. It works by belief and faith. As an exmo, I know this because the Priesthood is a complete fabrication of JS. Yet it works.

As for mental illness being caused by possession, many traditional cultures believe that. It’s we Westerners that are the weirdos.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2021 02:08PM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: May 14, 2021 04:25AM

If I was sick and dying the last person I would want to see would be Elder Bednar.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 14, 2021 11:56AM

That was awfully mean spirited of Bednar, blaming cancer on not having enough faith. So what happens if he or the "prophet" end up with cancer? Anyway, who would expect anything else of Bednar? He's a mean son of a bitch. After all, he's the one aposthole who shushed his wife in front of a crowd.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 14, 2021 02:14PM

But what if that’s a turn-on for her? Imagine her delight when he asks her to make him a sammich or some donuts.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 14, 2021 12:44PM

Call me an anti-anything-to-do-with-Mo'ism, but the article says "...miraculously and completely healed..."

So God healed the guy, then came back and killed him because he skipped church or paid less tithing or masturbated or something?

Nice.

P.S. "Dead Eyes" Bednar laying hands on me?? **shudder** Maybe Dr. Beverly Crusher, but not him...

Date: May 14, 2021 01:03PM

Yes they actually said that the guy who died was ‘miraculously and completely healed” then cancer returned and killed him.
So, the miracle was only a temporary reprieve and God changed his mind after healing the guy, then decided He really did want the guy dead, so screw your faith, God wants him dead GD It!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2021 01:05PM by schrodingerscat.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: May 14, 2021 01:31PM

I don't understand why cancer and racism are together in the original post.

Is there a connection I'm missing?

Date: May 14, 2021 01:46PM

Dorothy Wrote:
> Is there a connection I'm missing?

Isn't it obvious? Racism cures cancer.

Date: May 14, 2021 02:16PM

Dorothy Wrote:
> I don't understand why cancer and racism are
> together in the original post.
>
> Is there a connection I'm missing?

Bednar, a leader of a racist Cult, asks his followers if they have the faith to not be healed, so, forget what Jesus said 3 X’d in the Bible, about faith moving mountains, just accept God’s will, even if you have cancer and want to survive, if God wants you dead, forgetaboutit!

So I just turned the question around, ‘Do you, Bednar, have the common human decency to renounce the racism still being institutionalized by your institution which publishes racist scriptures everyday?”

Date: May 14, 2021 02:23PM

But you didn't ask Bednar. You put the topic to us.

The part about faith and healing is interesting.

The racist bit is so tired.

We get it.

They never will.

Date: May 14, 2021 02:36PM

I thought it was obvious I asked Mormons, when I said, ‘I know your faith is racist AF’, not ExMos.

Never say never, after all we were once Mormons who had no problem with identifying with a racist cult, until we did.

Date: May 14, 2021 02:41PM

It's obvious you think talking to ex Mormons is the same as talking to Mormons.

Sorry I asked.

You win.

Date: May 14, 2021 02:50PM

The Cat always wins.

It is perhaps his main attraction/detraction. (POV means sooooo much!)

Date: May 14, 2021 03:44PM

Just a clue as to when you are resorting to ad hominem attacks, if you make it about the person and not the subject, that’s an ad hominem attack and you lose the argument.

Date: May 14, 2021 03:46PM

What argument?

Date: May 14, 2021 05:02PM

All of them.

Date: May 14, 2021 05:12PM

That's absurd. Reductio absurb.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 14, 2021 03:46PM

schrodingerscat Wrote:
> Never say never, after all we were once Mormons
> who had no problem with identifying with a racist
> cult, until we did.

I don't accept this.

It must surely be wildly inaccurate to include every member and ex-member in this statement. "Identifying with a racist cult" denotes to me that such a position is a deliberate personal choice. Surely BICs have no choice about what belief system they were born into and the ideas they were steeped in growing up. And I wouldn't think the primary reason that a non-BIC joins Mormonism is because they recognize its racist themes and relates to them.

I'm not saying that some of its ideas aren't racist. Rather, that BICs at first have no choice but also when you're born in it can take time to realize the implications of some of the teachings.

Even as a short term convert, hard as some may find it to believe, racist themes are not blindingly obvious.

I have said here before that when I read about "dark skin" in the BoM I took it as allegory, certainly not literally.

Classifying all BICs and all converts as having no problems identifying with a racist cult is totally OTT. Offensive even.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2021 03:47PM by Nightingale.

Date: May 14, 2021 05:10PM

Probably the lynchpin of The Cat's argument is the denial of the priesthood to "The Negro". How/why it came into being, given that Joju gave the priesthood to Black men, is an interesting question, but however it happened, it certainly allows for the 'Racist' label to be applied to the church, if so desired.

I believe that I grew up with kids and adults who were not 'Racist', in the sense that they wanted, needed, or felt that Blacks be downtrodden or subservient ... as well as Lamanites.

I identify racism as the practice of believing one 'race' is better than another 'race' because <whatever>, and acting on that belief to the detriment of the supposed 'lesser race.'

I never saw mormons doing that while growing up in my home ward. I have no objection to someone postulating that there were true 'racists' in my ward because I know that as a Lamanite I had a few run-ins with people who thought I needed to suffer for having been born a Lamanite. But the majority of those active in the ward, no, they weren't 'racist' in the sense I think The Cat is using the word.

The Cat doesn't like the mormon church and will lambast it with all manner of calumny, without regard to accuracy, simply because he thinks it's the right thing to do. He has explained the reasons he feels the need to act in this manner, and of course, does not require approval from any of us. Disapproval is a waste of time...

With all that's going on in the world, some of his best efforts for making this a better world are directed at the roughly 4 million adults who appear to be practicing mormonism on a regular basis.

Or maybe just at the roughly 200 people who might read his posts before they age off the front page...

Date: May 14, 2021 05:13PM

It is not Carlito's way but Decker's way...Ed.

Date: May 15, 2021 12:23AM

Elder Berry Wrote:
> It is not Carlito's way but Decker's way...Ed.

Bullsh!t!

I grew up in the PNW in the Mormon cult and Ed Decker would show up to the state Fair with a wagon and stand outside in his garments and temple clothes in a futile effort to attract people to his Christian cult he started.

I'm not trying to get people to join any religious cult and I'm not a "Christian". I'm just somebody who left the cult because of a whole litany of reasons, but primarily because it was f**king abusive. Not only is it abusive, it's racist, sexist and homophobic. It's exploitative. It's a fraud.
My conscience wouldn't allow me to remain silent as friends and family were exploited, defrauded, and abused. Remaining silent about the rampant abuse, just enables it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2021 09:36AM by schrodingerscat.

Date: May 15, 2021 02:24PM

elderolddog Wrote:
> Probably the lynchpin of The Cat's argument is the
> denial of the priesthood to "The Negro".

Wrong. The lynchpin of my argument is this, we are 21yrs into the 21st Century and the Google Age and Mormon scriptures still maintain that God cursed two entire races of people with dark or black skin due to the sins of their fathers. The Mormon church leaders choose to maintain that racist 19th Century Myth, used to justify enslaving blacks and killing Native Americans and stealing their land and their women and children, long after those racist myths have been completely debunked by DNA evidence.
Even though those racist myths have been debunked, my Kids were still being indoctrinated to believe them starting in primary class singing about Lamanites in Ancient History and pantomiming Indian with two fingers held up to the back of their heads.
That’s offensive to me as the parent of Native American children and I couldn’t say anything about it as a Mormon or my Bishop threatened me with excommunication.
So I resigned and I won’t ‘Leave the church alone’ until it quits bullying people into silence.
Kind of like you do here.

Date: May 15, 2021 04:18PM

Ah, yes. Now I see the subtle difference between what I was thinking you thought and what you are really thinking!

Thank you.

Date: May 17, 2021 09:03PM

elderolddog Wrote:
> Ah, yes. Now I see the subtle difference between
> what I was thinking you thought and what you are
> really thinking!
>
> Thank you.

It’s not a subtle difference.
You want to diminish my concerns by attributing them to some past history.

I don’t really care about what happened in the past, if it’s been corrected.

I just think it makes it perfectly clear to me that the church is a racist institution, since no Mormon ever had any problem whatsoever with keeping black people out of their temples, even though no woman ever needed the Priesthood to enter a temple. They didn’t change the doctrine behind the ban, they just lifted the ban and let the racist scriptures stand, unedited, for many years. Then they quietly switched out “White” with “Pure” and Delightsome hoping nobody would notice the fact that did little to redact the most racist scriptures on planet Earth, which are still the most racist scriptures on planet Earth, that I am aware of. And they are still passing off these racist 19th Century myths as canonized ‘Word of God’ everyday around the world, normalizing and institutionalizing racism. Not to mention the misogyny, homophobia in a CULT with a bad child rape CULTure.

Date: May 17, 2021 09:22PM

Okay, I stand corrected. The mormon church is exactly the same as it has always been when it comes to non-Whites: they spit on them, figuratively if not literally.

Every good mormon knows he/she is an elect person and that spitting on non-Whites shows their worthiness to go to the Celestial Kingdom.

And every good mormon teaches his/her kids to spit on non-Whites, at least mentally, since actually spitting might be seen as a blessing...

I guess that's a good thing to teach one's children! Spitting on those pesky mormons will show them you mean business!

Date: May 17, 2021 09:42PM

I’m not advocating spitting on anybody, even Mormons.
One of My best friends is Mormon and he saved my Dad’s life twice. He’s a great guy and a real exception among Mormons, in my experience.

He knows all about racism in MORmON history and scriptures and has written about it, volumes, but still sends his kids on missions to sell those myths he knows are based upon bogus, racist myths used to justify enslaving blacks and killing Indians.

He just really doesn’t have a big problem with that. He doesn’t draw the same harsh conclusions I have.

He is ok with it. He’s super white, blonde hair, blue eyes, ER Dr, married to same, got a whole herd of the same and pretty much all American poster child for MORmONism. They’ve got zero problem whatsoever with racism because they never really interact with other races. They have no problem with the way women are treated in the church because it works great for them! They’ve got no problem with Mormon homophobia because none of their kids are gay, that’s for sure!
If the whole church were full of Mormons like them, I’d have no problem with the CULT, other than their racist scriptures and homophobic political actions.

Date: May 17, 2021 09:57PM

> If the whole church were full of
> Mormons like them, I’d have no
> problem with the CULT, other than
> their racist scriptures and homo-
> phobic political actions.

Do you have a number in mind?

You know, is there a certain percentage of 'good' mormons in the church that if achieved, you will no longer feel the need to hurl your usual invective towards the institution?

Date: May 18, 2021 12:15AM

elderolddog Wrote:
> > If the whole church were full of
> > Mormons like them, I’d have no
> > problem with the CULT, other than
> > their racist scriptures and homo-
> > phobic political actions.
>
>
> Do you have a number in mind?
>
> You know, is there a certain percentage of 'good'
> mormons in the church that if achieved, you will
> no longer feel the need to hurl your usual
> invective towards the institution?

Yes, zero
Zero kids getting raped by Mormon penis holders
And Zero Mormons singing the praises of a GD pedophile.
Then I will quit standing up to abusive assholes.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: May 15, 2021 09:25AM

This hits close to home
when it was discovered that my late wife had lung cancer we asked the bishop to give her a healing blessing'
What he did was lay his hands on her head and tell her it was ok to die which thing she promptly did.
HEALING POWER?
Nothng but a malicious joke!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2021 09:26AM by thedesertrat1.

Date: May 17, 2021 09:17PM

That’s horrible.
I’m so sorry you lost your wife that way.
I lost my partner to breast cancer after divorcing my Nazi TBM wife.
My partner was not religious but very spiritual.
We did a lot of great work together in her last year on Earth.
She got everything in order, said what she needed to say and made what she needed to make, her masterpiece and requiem, left in a school for kids to enjoy everyday, forever.
My BIL is atheist and going through chemotherapy right now trying to beat leukemia. His wife, my Sister, is Mormon still and prays for him and wants us to pray for him also. It’s rough. I know he doesn’t believe in prayer, because he doesn’t believe in God, but he has a great attitude regardless. He’s about halfway through a 6mo brutal treatment. I think if some arrogant patriarchal prick came in and asked him if he had enough faith to not be healed, he’d tell the guy to go fnck himself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2021 09:18PM by schrodingerscat.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: May 17, 2021 07:12PM

one of the most appalling things that has ever been said or heard from a MORMON ASSpostHOLE

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.