Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Foxy M. Ulder ( )
Date: June 05, 2021 03:08PM

What do you expect to get out of the report? Is the United States heading into a period of escapism?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2021 05:58PM by Tevai.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sasquatch ( )
Date: June 05, 2021 03:23PM

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: June 05, 2021 03:40PM

Nothing significant will be released in the unclassified version of this report, which will only lead to more conspiracy theories.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2021 07:53PM by lurking in.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 05, 2021 03:51PM

yet more wasted tax dollars caused by fantasy thinking.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: June 05, 2021 05:18PM

It's not fantasy thinking, it's a diversion. There's so much military footage released that they have to say something. The sailors aboard the USS Omaha, the Navy pilots, the Navy ships that see them nightly in the naval training grounds off of California all know that it's new technology being tested. Why is there no cell phone vide from the Navy ships? Because if you get caught videoing warfare training ops, you land in prison. Why do you think no one's spouse has gotten frantic calls about aliens from their service members? Because the crews know it's not aliens. The DoD has no obligation to release or explain classified weapons or defenses. The US government hopes this will be enough fodder to keep the conspiracy nuts busy for a decade while they keep working on high tech technology. The report was forced by a bunch of politicians and will be ignored by the High Command. Hell, they wouldn't even grant full security clearance to Trump or Kushner when they were in the White House.

Posted by: Space Pineapple ( )
Date: June 06, 2021 04:25PM

Exactly. Nothing of an real substance will likely be released. The nutburger conspiracy crew will have a field day. The rest of us will largely ignore it. Meh.

Posted by: Moon Unit ( )
Date: June 09, 2021 09:39AM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yet more wasted tax dollars caused by fantasy
> thinking.

How is it fantasy thinking? Which part do you struggle with? Expert witnesses, being picked up on multiple systems etc?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: June 05, 2021 05:30PM

Foxy M. Ulder Wrote:
> Is
> the United States heading into a period of
> escapism?

Nope. It's been in a period of escapism for several years already.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: June 06, 2021 02:52AM

Posted by: hujo ( )
Date: June 05, 2021 08:13PM

This is either a diversion or something real. Either way, I’m exited what’s gonna happen. If it’s all a US military thing and we own the “UFO’s” I’m impressed we have that technology. If not, we’d better learn what the hell those are cause they’re a huge threat

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: June 06, 2021 02:22PM

Huge threat in what sense? As far as we know, they don't ever land, and may not even be capable of it. They have no weapons. They don't take anything. They don't smell bad. They don't make noise. They don't leave trash around. They don't hurt property values.

They are about as threatening as lightning bugs.

Posted by: Moon Unit ( )
Date: June 09, 2021 09:37AM

Brother Of Jerry Wrote:
> Huge threat in what sense? As far as we know, they
> don't ever land

Depends who you ask. There are multiple reports of them landing or even going into the ground. The military sightings here include one emerging from the ocean.

, and may not even be capable of
> it. They have no weapons.

Yet have been implicated in the disappearances of aircraft for decades. Regardless of their origin they are a potential threat.

If they are natural, they appear to disrupt navigation and electrical systems, even power plants.

If they are manmade, they may well have weapons.

> They don't smell bad. They don't make
> noise.

There are reports of them doing both of these.

> They are about as threatening as lightning bugs.

Depends who you ask. If they are military or electromagnetic, they are a problem.

Many serious researchers agree on one thing - they are probably not extraterrestrial.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: June 09, 2021 07:14PM

Is there a child sex ring in the basement of a one story pizza parlor? Depends on who you ask. ;). The guy who decided the answer was yes just got out of prison a couple months ago, after spending 4 years reevaluating the quality of his initial decision.

Finding people who agree with you does not constitute evidence.

The only actual evidence I see is really low quality grainy images, usually of lights. I'll agree that people are seeing something, and it is unidentified, aerial, and a phenomenon. Beyond that, the evidence is pretty thin.

Considering the number of sightings people claim, you'd think there would be a traffic jam.

Yep, still highly skeptical I am.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 05, 2021 08:35PM

My guess is that it is extraterrestrials and they're doing all the silly fly-bys to gin up interest in their upcoming UFO-ville Theme Park, where earthlings will be able to experience Space Alien thrills, rides and probings.

And they are only going to charge 1 epidermal skin cell...

Very few people will lose sleep over the question, "what are they doing with the skin cells?"

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 05, 2021 11:03PM

EOD, how many times have you been milked today?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 05, 2021 11:25PM

I can’t help it!

They make it feel so good!!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: June 05, 2021 08:55PM

They can't prove a negative, so they will continue to say we can't rule anything out. I hope (and suspect) the timing of this is intended to give all the conspiracy types something to focus on for a while.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 05, 2021 09:12PM

But I don't want an anal probe !

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: June 05, 2021 09:42PM

The Enquirer probably has better coverage on the topic.

Posted by: Batboy ( )
Date: June 05, 2021 09:56PM

Date: June 05, 2021 10:17PM

Missed the WWW at the checkout line at Walmart.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: June 05, 2021 10:26PM

I was about to say, "OUR kind of people don't shop at Walmart," except...except...except I was just in there this evening. Walmart's SPF50 got Consumer Report's highest rating, so (gasp@) I shopped there. But I didn't browse or anything! I just got the sunblock and fled, I mean, left.

Date: June 05, 2021 10:58PM

Wal-Mart seems to cater to shoppers like me. Gives me warm feelings of appreciation.

Posted by: Space Pineapple ( )
Date: June 06, 2021 04:26PM

Indeed. Maybe the UFOs are being piloted by Bat Boy and the still living Elvis Presley. It all adds up people! :p

Posted by: Adam Warrior ( )
Date: June 06, 2021 04:46PM

Ziller's people or species still trying to find him probably.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: June 08, 2021 10:44PM

When a fisherman throws a fish back in, does the fish swim around pestering the other fish with tall tales of "alien abduction," only to be ignored or laughed at by the other fish?

Date: June 08, 2021 11:06PM

Probably not. Most fish can't talk.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: June 09, 2021 03:57PM

Yes they can, if they're in schools.

Date: June 09, 2021 04:06PM

Well, yes, assuming the schools are Singaporean.

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: June 08, 2021 11:06PM

When I was a kid, a young man across the street from us claimed to have been abducted by aliens, and then safely returned home. He also walked up and down our street with a long black cape over his shoulders.

These more current claims still appear to be out of date to me, because even if it was achieved by USA industriousness and was top "secret", such news is still prone to being leaked out to others--even if done one by one.

So, to true believers, I advise you not to hold your breath while you wait (and wait, and wait, ext.), unless one lands in your own back yard.

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: June 09, 2021 07:37AM

Q: Why do UFOs have lights on them?

A: Because the FAA requires them

Posted by: vulcanrider ( )
Date: June 10, 2021 11:48AM

My question has long been if they're an advanced species, can travel faster than light over millions of light years to observe this rock, why in the hell can't they turn off the lights on the craft?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.