Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: June 07, 2021 02:53PM

Rusty is at it again. Saturday evening session is no more. Since that used to be exclusively the Priesthood session with no wimmin allowed, this move should shut us up about the unfairness of that. He'll show us!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: June 10, 2021 12:56PM

The reason for censorship is to not offend the sanctimonious,hypocritical,bigots that are trying to take complete control over every ones lives and thoughts and actions .

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: June 07, 2021 03:32PM

Sounds like someone did a cost benefit analysis and decided that they were too busy and successful at making money in stocks and real estate to spend time with extra talks on tithing.

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: June 10, 2021 06:32PM

Exactly. Less work for the brethren. Dial it in.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: June 07, 2021 04:01PM

Dumping one more practice that segregated members by gender is a good thing. I expect more integration between RS and PH, and opening some ward and stake callings to women. If nothing else, it will be necessary so they don’t have to shut down wards and stakes for lack of “priesthood” to staff positions.

Getting rid of the gendered nonsense in the temple ceremonies will be the hardest thing to do.

I was surprised that they announced that October GC will still be virtual. I guess the decision does need to be made now, and it is not entirely clear what the state of the pandemic will be four months from now.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: June 08, 2021 11:35AM

Women can since a year or so be witnesses inside the temple. I remember a youth temple trip where we all had to wait because they needed to find another PH to be a witness. Maybe they can combine young man and young women program and combine the leaderships? Instead of 1 young women president and 2 counselors and 1 young men president and 2 counselors total of 6 people. They could call it youth program and only have 5 people as leaders. Hahaha that could open up one PH for another calling.

Posted by: #1Son ( )
Date: June 10, 2021 02:24PM

Brother Of Jerry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dumping one more practice that segregated members
> by gender is a good thing. I expect more
> integration between RS and PH, and opening some
> ward and stake callings to women. If nothing else,
> it will be necessary so they don’t have to shut
> down wards and stakes for lack of “priesthood”
> to staff positions.
>
> Getting rid of the gendered nonsense in the temple
> ceremonies will be the hardest thing to do.
>
>
> I was surprised that they announced that October
> GC will still be virtual. I guess the decision
> does need to be made now, and it is not entirely
> clear what the state of the pandemic will be four
> months from now.

Yep, How in the world could you expect them to know what will be happening in four months. Maybe a Seer could tell - so that leaves them out.

After all, not one of these jokers warned anyone about WWII - and Reuben Clark even refused letters to members of Jewish background so they could leave Germany and come to the US.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 07, 2021 04:10PM

I believe they were alternating Saturday night sessions, as in April for the MEN and October for the women.

So now the women are back to being nothing special.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: June 07, 2021 04:58PM

It also means men are nothing special. In an organization as patriarchal as Mormonism, dumping gendered meetings is a big step. And a step about a hundred years overdue.

Date: June 08, 2021 02:07PM

It could also mean they'd rather sacrifice a male gender meeting than allow the notion to exist that women are deserving of their own meeting.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: June 07, 2021 05:43PM

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: June 07, 2021 05:48PM

just 4 more sessions to go....

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 07, 2021 06:03PM

people With a Penis & people Without a Penis have a few more nights to make doughnuts TOGETHER.

It's Wonderful! Marvelous!!!

Woman make me donuts or lose your salvation!
NiNa recently posted this gem:

"Tonight I am attending with a son, sons-in-law, and grandsons. Where are their mothers? Gathered in the kitchen of our home! What are they doing? Making large batches of homemade doughnuts! And when we return home, we will feast on those doughnuts. While we enjoy them, these mothers, sisters, and daughters will listen intently as each of us speaks of things he learned here tonight. It’s a nice family tradition, symbolic of the fact that everything we learn and do as priesthood bearers should bless our families."

- Apostle Russell M. Nelson, "Our Sacred Duty to Honor Women," Ensign, May 1999

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2021 06:08PM by GNPE.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: June 07, 2021 07:25PM

Sicko
That rmn

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: June 10, 2021 10:58AM

I remember that well. I was still a cult member but it sent shivers up my spine. The most chauvanistic thing you could spout off and for some reason, he thought it was cute.

I think the only ones who had a problem with the Saturday night penishood sessions were the more vocal Ordain Women crowd. Most of the mormon women I knew loved those night that they got rid of the men. And no, they didn't sit at home making donuts. I knew women who'd always get together with the women in their family or with women friends and go out to eat. I went out with them once and the restaurant was full of tables of just women (in SLC). Once they started broadcasting it, they were expected to sit home with the hubs and sons and watch it. No more bonding time with fathers and sons or ladies' night specials at the local restaurants.

After that it was just another boring session of conference, as if 4 weren't already enough. Women didn't want to trade for their once a year meeting. They already spent plenty of time with their daughters. They much preferred the twice-a-year night out without the baggage (the men).

Date: June 07, 2021 07:41PM

They probably didn't announce it at general conference.

Just Like The Mormon 'Church' (TMC) saying caffeine is okay (2012); that it was never an issue or against the wow [liars!] •WOW•; that some members and over zealous bishoPricks had just taken it too far [by accidentally associating COFFEE and TEA with CAFFEINE].

Talk to Mormons today. Many don't know they can drink CAFFEINE. They still drink Postum, Mormon Tea.

Something's afoot.

Announcement this fall.

The men will still associate (to waste time). They just won't watch anymore, but will be watched.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 07, 2021 08:53PM

De-caf coffee was OK'd in a FP SM ltr in the 1970's.

Date: June 08, 2021 11:19AM

GNPE Wrote:
> De-caf coffee was OK'd in a FP SM ltr in the 1970's.

Damn Mormon misleaders!

Yeah, but if caffeine Was Never An Issue/ against the law/ wow/ a Problem or thing, it WOULD NEVER, EVER, have to even mention or talk about DeCalf. Holy cow!

The point is TMC (the moron 'church') LIES.

IT WAS A LIE when they said it was NEVER against the wow. How mormons/ formons (former mormons) square that is... squirmy. Many don't consider the LDS flip flop, lie, flip flop again...

CAFFEINE is lds taboo.
Mormon 'church' lies-

So, decalf in the 70's - EVEN THOUGH it was (2012) "NEVER against the wow" to begin with - and, even though MORMONS CAN DRINK COFFEE/ Caffeine, most still don't/ won't/ "can't".

A Mormon is often lost. Mormon men at the top like it that way. Keep 'em dumb and guessing...

Keep 'em SCARED of a cup of coffee and maybe - just maybe - they'll be scared of everything else, especially tscc.

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: June 08, 2021 11:50AM

I, and most Mormons I grew up with, didn't get the memo. As late as 2010, in a temple rec interview, I was asked about obeying the WoW, specifically no coffee or tea. Hmmm

Back in the 1980's, had an aunt that lost her temple rec because they found out she was drinking coffee and she refused to stop drinking it. It wasn't just over zealous bishops, it was taught (and enforced) in church (and seminary) that you couldn't drink coffee or tea.

So, if de-caf coffee is ok (because no caffeine), it's still coffee. And tea is ok as long as it isn't caffeinated, it's still tea. Doesn't the WoW only mention hot drinks? Wouldn't they both qualify? And what about hot chocolate, which was perfectly acceptable and served at church functions often. Isn't it considered a hot drink? And, doesn't chocolate contain caffeine?

I never could wrap my mind around that crap.

Date: June 08, 2021 02:08PM

You need a couple of WoW-acceptable 'barley beverages' to help you calm down!

Date: June 10, 2021 01:21AM

I do too and I'm already calm.... lol

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 07, 2021 08:54PM

I’ll be at home smashing my parents liquor collection

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: June 08, 2021 02:50PM

Don't think it has anything to do with gender issues. More likely to do with declining numbers and thinking that endless meetings have something to do with it. Same thinking as cutting down time spent in meetings on Sundays. What's a few meeting weighed against declining overall numbers. Appeasement.

Date: June 08, 2021 03:07PM

This logic would needs be followed by hiring professionals to clean the chapels, if member creature comforts were the concern of the first Presidunccy y los 12 afossils.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: June 09, 2021 09:47PM

I'm old enough to remember friday sessions.

Maybe soon only one sunday session? All virtual?

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: June 10, 2021 02:38AM

Heartless Wrote:
> I'm old enough to remember friday sessions.
>
> Maybe soon only one sunday session? All virtual?

Probably not far off.

I thought there were very few "highlights" being touted from last conference; even from the church's own propaganda machine.

I think the leaders are starting to acknowledge that members no longer fawn over their talks. More members are choosing church teachings a la cafeteria style.

Date: June 10, 2021 01:23AM

Pool tournaments instead

Posted by: roibinsaintcloud ( )
Date: June 10, 2021 11:20AM

I remember as a teenager sitting in our stuffy hot chapel in virginia on a saturday night from 9pm to 11pm listening to audio only, struggling against hope to keep my eyes open, and even more struggling the next day to remember even one thing from the priesthood broadcast. Wouldn't mind having those nights back with some other memory, such as slow dancing at a stake dance.

Date: June 10, 2021 05:22PM

roibinsaintcloud Wrote:
>... nights back with some other memory, such as slow dancing at a stake dance. >

Yeah but they were just trying to show us what "eternity" will be like. The Slow Dance of Mormon vacant dreams, deep dulldrums, insincere platitudes and unreachable superstitions.

These were men's lies, perpetuated; called by man; only befitting themselves.

Boys had NO NEED for that!

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 10, 2021 07:05PM

Seems like old times. What with the labor shortage. Imagine the problem of rounding up competent men in June of 1844. You put a few hundred men on a job, you kind of expect them to come through. Yet here we are.

But of course those are management problems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2021 07:22PM by babyloncansuckit.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.