Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Waren Jeffs ( )
Date: June 08, 2021 11:09PM

I have noticed an advertisement promotional on Facebook for the American consulate in my closest large which is Perth on far western side of Australia.It showed the American consulate staff explaining that they are celebrating gay and lesbian pride and flying the flag for pride at the consulate.This was probably a directive from Joe Bidens administration as it was not a practise during Republican administrations.The chief consul officer or boss or chief american representative was a Mormon lady about 3 years ago.That was advertised in the newsroom section of the official LDS web site for this country.

My question is what would she do as the chief officer of the consul if Biden was the president and he asked all embassies to fly the rainbow flag to demonstrate solidarity with the gay and lesbian community?How does any Mormon react or respond in any situation or comply with directives when being a holder of a government officials situation?How does a mormon teacher in a predominantly non Mormon area comply with directives not to label girls and boys as he or she?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: June 09, 2021 12:01AM

Instead of saying girls, or boys, I understand teachers now-a-days, refer to their students, as "people". "The people in this class room must now come to order". Or, if they know their first names, such as Joe, or Jane, that is OK when talking to individuals.

It's a new world, as "they" say.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: June 09, 2021 12:51AM

A consulate employee would have no more problem flying a rainbow flag than they would serving coffee at a consulate dinner. You’re overthinking this.

There were plenty of Mormons at the SL Pride parade last Sunday. Lots of rainbow flags. Nobody was having a case of the vapors.

My preferred pronouns are “you” and “hey, you”

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: June 09, 2021 12:56AM

But in my presence, do address me as "Your Excellency."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2021 01:19AM by caffiend.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.