Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: June 15, 2021 12:56PM

To see how much Mormons favor/favored prejudice and racism, all you have to do is look at some of BYU's most important institutions:

1.) The Harold B. Lee library: HBL was the man who objected to allowing black students at BYU. Why not? His was a pretty sad and way-too-common reason: "What if your daughter dates and falls in love with a 'Negro?'"

2.) The J. Ruben Clark law school: During WWII, Clark was an unashamed Nazi sympathizer and outspoken anti-Semite.

Good work, Mormons! Way to milk that inspiration from Gawd, Mormons!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: June 15, 2021 02:01PM

One need look no further than current Mormon scriptures, which contain more white supremacy/racism than any other book so-called, “the Word of God”.

BOOK of MORMON

1 Nephi 11:13 (Mary) “she was exceedingly fair and white.”

1 Nephi 12:23 (prophecy of the Lamanites) ” became a dark, and loathsome, and a filthy people, full of idleness and all manner of abominations.”

1 Nephi 13:15 (Gentiles) “they were white, and exceedingly fair and beautiful, like unto my people [Nephites] before they were slain.”

2 Nephi 5:21 “a sore cursing . . . as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.”

2 Nephi 30:6 (prophecy to the Lamanites if they repented) “scales of darkness shall begin to fall. . . . they shall be a white and delightsome people” (“white and delightsome” was changed to “pure and delightsome” in 1981).

Jacob 3:5 (Lamanites cursed) “whom ye hate because of their filthiness and the cursing which hath come upon their skins. . . .”

Jacob 3:8-9 “their skins will be whiter than yours… revile no more against them because of the darkness of their skins. . . .”

Alma 3:6 “And the skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a curse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion.”

Alma 3:9 “whosoever did mingle his seed with that of the Lamanites did bring the same curse upon his seed.”

Alma 3:14 (Lamanites cursed) “set a mark on them that they and their seed may be separated from thee and thy seed. . . .”

Alma 23:18 “[Lamanites] did open a correspondence with them [Nephites] and the curse of God did no more follow them.”

3 Nephi 2:14-16 “Lamanites who had united with the Nephites were numbered among the Nephites; And their curse was taken from them, and their skin became white like unto the Nephites and . . . became exceedingly fair. . . . ”

3 Nephi 19:25, 30 (Disciples) “they were as white as the countenance and also the garments of Jesus; and behold the whiteness thereof did exceed all the whiteness. . . . nothing upon earth so white as the whiteness thereof… and behold they were white, even as Jesus.”

Mormon 5:15 (prophecy about the Lamanites) “for this people shall be scattered, and shall become a dark, a filthy, and a loathsome people, beyond the description of that which ever hath been amongst us. . . .”

Pearl of Great Price

Moses 7:8 “a blackness came upon all the children of Canaan. . . .”

Moses 7:12 “Enoch continued to call upon all the people, save it were [i.e., except] the people of Canaan, to repent. . . .”

Moses 7:22 “.for the seed of Cain were black and had not place among them.”

That's racist AF!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2021 04:43PM by schrodingerscat.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: June 16, 2021 02:10AM

Abraham 1:21-27 in parts

21: this king of Egypt was a descendant from Ham and was a partaker of the blood of the Canaanites

24: from Ham sprang that race which preserved the curse in the land.

27: Pharoh being of that lineage which could not have the priesthood.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 16, 2021 03:23AM

That looks like rejects from the script of Blazing Saddles.

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: June 15, 2021 09:21PM

Wouldn't you think it was about time for the Book of Mormon to be added to the list of books banned for racist issues such as "Huckleberry Finn" and "Gone with the Wind.", books that at least have actual literary value?

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: June 16, 2021 04:43PM

Huck Finn and GWTW are banned?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: June 16, 2021 05:10PM

In some places, yes.

Posted by: newcomer ( )
Date: June 16, 2021 08:22PM

Nightingale Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Huck Finn and GWTW are banned?

NO! GWTW is not banned. It just has a disclaimer now before the film.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/jun/25/gone-with-the-wind-returns-to-hbo-max-with-disclaimer-that-film-denies-the-horrors-of-slavery

Date: June 16, 2021 08:26PM

We weren't discussing the movie. The book has been banned in various locations and at various times.

Posted by: newcomer ( )
Date: June 16, 2021 08:31PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We weren't discussing the movie. The book has
> been banned in various locations and at various
> times.

If it’s been banned in various places, then it must be unbanned in other places.

Ergo: GWTW is not banned.

Date: June 16, 2021 09:20PM

Child abuse is illegal in various places and not illegal in others.

Ergo, by your logic, child abuse is legal.

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: June 16, 2021 07:29PM

Don't care too much about buildings st BYU being named after prominent Mormons but if you are going to name things after only perfect people few building would carry the name of any famous person.

Posted by: Eric3 ( )
Date: June 18, 2021 10:34AM

An amazing resemblance to what was wildly believed in America in the early nineteenth century:

http://www.tungate.com/sinskinseed5.pdf

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: June 18, 2021 10:51AM

When I was a teenager, my father told me if I brought a (**awful word for Black guy**) home, I'd be horsewhipped. Having been what came as close to horsewhipped as you can get when I was 12, I knew that he was serious. And it wasn't just because they couldn't hold the priesthood at that time. He was such a bigot. All it did was make me very attracted to Black guys. Still am. But man, my fantasy of having a hot Black boyfriend and bringing him to meet my parents is not nearly as fun now that dear old dad is gone.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: June 23, 2021 03:50PM

That is a great motivator to be attracted to a black man or woman. With me, it was my extraordinarily racist roommates at BYU calling all blacks "monkeys," and such. I made the mistake of saying that certain black women celebrities were beautiful, not "monkeys." Ooh, that was a sinful comment, apparently. It came close to physical confrontation.

Like with you, this set me up to be hyper-attracted to black women, and I always will be. Whites complain about the hair; I LOVE the hair, especially after serving in Congo, where beautiful women do beautiful things with their hair. Whites complain about the black skin; for me, the darker the better.

Once, when someone asked me hypothetically whom I'd marry if my wife died. My weird answer was, "I dunno, but it probably wouldn't be some skinny-ass white woman." Surprised me, too.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 23, 2021 06:15PM

My brother, who traveled widely, once said that Ethiopian women are among the most beautiful in the world.

Posted by: lisadee ( )
Date: June 18, 2021 03:26PM

Not shocking. MLK once said,"It is appalling that the most segregated hour of Christian America is 11 o'clock Sunday morning."

This is still true today.
Just try to get some southern white Baptists to attend a Black Baptist church...esp if they're not there for election votes. And then, it's just the politician and his wife.
Then, you've got all the southern statues, bridges and other monuments to Confederate veterans and slave holders which southern Blacks have been destroying or petitioning to be renamed.
And many colleges and universities have ties to slavery. Most with slave labor and some with slave auctions. Schools like Harvard, Yale, Brown, Princeton, U of VA, and others have histories with slavery.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 23, 2021 04:12PM

A couple of generations ago there were mormon parents who flat out forbade their daughters to date Lamanites.  Even cute ones, like me!!!!

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: June 23, 2021 07:07PM

I think the best way to resolve this issue is to initiate a reverse Indian Placement Program. Entice a bunch of white suburban kids to spend a year living with an Indian family on the reservation.

I'm sure families all over Draper and Riverton would be falling over each other to be the first in line. Just imagine all the opportunities for virtue signaling!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.