Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: July 01, 2021 08:17AM

The last time I wrote about this issue was to bring some very bad news concerning a case against Winn-Dixie stores written by Federal Judge Patricia Branch. Fortunately, not all judges agree. In a completely different case brought against Dominos Pizza in California (and, in front of a very different judge), there is a very different, and much mor positive, ruling from my perspective. Blind attorney Lainey Feingold writes about the decision at

https://www.lflegal.com/2021/06/dominos-june-2021/

As Lot's Wife noted on the last thread I did about this issue, the U.S. Supreme Court should really make the final determination about what is, and isn't, covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in terms of web accessibility. Stay tuned!

I have a second article I'm placing on this thread as well. While it is primarily aimed at Concrete Zipper (who is interested in how to make this website more accessible once he upgrades it), it is also meant for anyone who has built, is currently building, or who is thinking about building, a website with public access. The article is about a certain company (Accessib) that claims to make website accessibility a non-issue when the facts surrounding it appear to be otherwise.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gusalexiou/2021/06/26/largest-us-blind-advocacy-group-bans-web-accessibility-overlay-giant-accessibe/?sh=3e5e73905a15

While I do have some disagreements with the National Federation of the Blind (NFB) on some policy and rhetoric issues, I do not disagree with the group here. If you are looking for a positive (albeit harder) solution to these issues, consider the WCAG site cited by Lainey Feingold in the previous article about Dominos Pizza.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.