Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: blackcoatsdaughter ( )
Date: July 16, 2021 09:43PM

The Correlation Department? Absolutely it was disillusionment/apostasy. We know the church's official stance is to lie to outsiders and keep membership in the dark, so, why would we believe their reassurance that "that wasn't the reason we booted him"?

I look forward to that episode of Mormon Stories.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 16, 2021 09:50PM

I thought it was called the ministry of propaganda.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: July 17, 2021 05:38AM

babyloncansuckit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought it was called the ministry of
> propaganda.

= LDS Inc PR

https://youtu.be/c4WHHgWIxk0

Posted by: truthmatters ( )
Date: April 10, 2022 10:28AM

This story has many layers and the lives affected are vast. We have a small child that is in the middle of his scandal and only found out about him after his secret marriage. Let's just say the abuse hasn't stopped, I defend against his actions daily.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 16, 2021 09:56PM

This happened 4 years ago. No news since then that I am aware of. I saw a bunch of answers on quora.com, most of which were very TBM. I haven’t read much fluent Mormonese in recent years. It kind of made my skin crawl, all that passive voice condescension.

I did see one answer that was more general about why high level excommunication occur. It was pretty obviously written by an exMo, so I pass it along for your edification and entertainment.

Shelama Leesen
, Former part-time semi-professional former Mormon (Formon)
Updated May 16, 2020

Originally Answered: Why do you think Mormon leader James Hamula was excommunicated by the Mormon Church?
Q: Why do you think Mormon leader James Hamula was excommunicated by the Mormon Church?

1st and 2nd guess would be a sin second only to murder and “denying the holy ghost” — something to do with his penis.

3rd guess, in spite of his church's denial, would be some sort of apostasy, which the Mormon church and its leaders can manufacture out of things like insubordination or the refusal to submit to the unrighteous dominion of his superiors.

But the penis is most likely. The penis is a tall, central pillar of Mormon theology and cosmology. It is, in fact, the great I AM of Mormonism — it comes before Jesus, before Christ, before “the Atonement,” and, indeed, before even Elohim himself. Before Elohim, was a Penis somewhere.

And “chastity and virtue” in Mormonism are more precious and dear above all things — including life itself. And sex sin or unchastity is second only to murder.

From at at least one general conference address, Hamula appears to have a sad, serious and sober and almost desperate focus on sin and atonement. He almost reminded me of Paul and his sense of chronic, recurring and wretched sin and guilt unto death over his warring carnal member… Elder James J. Hamula

Plus another conference address titled “Winning the War Against Evil.”

Personally, I’d like to think it was because he did the right thing and officiated somewhere at a same-sex marriage. Which, in Utah, he’d have authority to do by virtue of his ecclesiastical calling. But, the excommunication could then technically be the “"apostasy” the church denies. Plus, were that the case, he’d probably also be very open and public about it.

Order of likelihood….

Penis.
Penis.
Apostasy/insubordination.
Penis.
Financial impropriety with church monies.
Not being honest in all his dealings with his fellow man.
Penis

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: July 16, 2021 11:18PM

I think that it comes down one of only two possibilities.

1.) Either he stole money from the church or
2.) He did something that might embarrass the church

Ultimately, all excommunication come down to one of these two things. The church protects child molesters and just about any other wrong-doing that can sufficiently be covered-up. But if you embarras the church or steal from the church, they're not so forgiving.

Posted by: Answer Bee ( )
Date: July 16, 2021 11:38PM

I read on some forum several months after the event, that he’d had an affair. The person who posted it said he/she was a relative of his.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.