Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 22, 2021 12:24PM

When you posted that your husband died 6 days ago I looked for a post from you about it. I didn't find one.

So much death. I will be returning to Missouri this weekend. This trip started with a murder and now I read here about death and suffering towards it.

I hope for you that with his passing you will find peace.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: July 22, 2021 12:59PM

Initially, I wasn't going to say anything, but azsteve inadvertently prompted me to do some second-thinking, and I decided that--in the circumstances--revealing that my husband died, from Covid specifically, was the "right" thing to do.

Look for this thread: "Anyone Else Here Test Positive for Covid-19," by: azsteve, July 17, 2021 at 9:04 PM. (For some reason, I can't post an actual link to it this morning.)

My initial post is the third post, and then (in the rest of the thread) there are responses by others to what I wrote.

Thank you Elder Berry.

I very much appreciate you caring.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 22, 2021 01:08PM

I already found and read them. I wanted to add but I thought it required its own thread. We are here for you as well.

Date: July 22, 2021 01:10PM

Thank you, EB.

:)

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: July 22, 2021 02:34PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We are here for you as well.

Absolutely.

I'm so sorry for your great loss, Tevai. You're amazing to still be here with us, and offering solace to others, in the midst of your own enormous pain.

I hope knowing we care is of some comfort.

Look after yourself.

Date: July 22, 2021 05:33PM

Thank you, Nightingale.

I appreciate you.

Posted by: BrightAqua ( )
Date: July 22, 2021 01:21PM

Thank you for thinking of this board in your time of grief.

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: July 22, 2021 01:25PM

I'm sorry for your loss Tevai.

My sister in Utah was just diagnosed with Covid. They gave her an infusion so hopefully she will recover, but, it's still too soon to tell.

Date: July 22, 2021 02:02PM

My best thoughts and wishes are going out to your sister and you, eternal1.

I am glad your sister is receiving proper care, and I very much hope she is able to recover.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: July 22, 2021 01:38PM

Please add my condolences also. Having lost my wife to lung cancer I can relate to your grief.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: July 22, 2021 02:42PM

It's a tough one, DR. Hope you're doing OK.

Many of my relatives have died of cancer. For us in the following generation it seems our fate is going to be a genetic lottery. As is life in general, I guess.

I know the sorrow of a loved one's death lingers but hopefully the cherished memories eventually carry one through.

I'm still gutted at my mom's passing nearly two years ago now. We were more like twin sisters, being very much alike and really close to each other. I wouldn't have believed it at first but eventually, slowly perhaps, memories evoke smiles and are comforting.

This life sure isn't for the faint of heart. Challenge after challenge to meet and conquer. Hopefully, good folks and enjoyable times and cherished memories make it worthwhile.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: July 22, 2021 02:41PM

I feel for you, Tevai. This is just not right. This Covid is like a curve ball or knuckle ball or some other thing out of left field that should be illegal in the laws of nature.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: July 22, 2021 02:51PM

something again. I've had another death close to me and I've been watching the fallout of that death on the family.

I hope you have some peace at such a difficult time.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: July 22, 2021 03:13PM

Please add my condolences to the list. We love you, Tevai.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: July 22, 2021 04:35PM

So sorry to hear of your loss, Tevai. Prayers.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: July 22, 2021 05:05PM

So sorry for you loss of your dear husband, Tevai. I hope you are enveloped in love and wonderful memories of your time together.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.