Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: July 22, 2021 12:37PM

I don't usually listen to podcasts, but, I saw this link shared by a family member and decided to listen. While it's on the Mormon Stories platform, it's just mostly these three ladies talking about their experiences growing up as a Native in the Mormon church. I found it riveting.

I also learned something that I didn't know, that officially, the Pacific Islanders are considered more righteous than the North American Natives. Somehow I must have missed that teaching along the way.

The Mormon doctrine is just so shockingly racist and their efforts to cancel out the Native culture is disgusting. Half of my family are Native, yet still Mormon, so maybe I'm a little more invested in the topic, but if you have the time, this podcast is worth listening to.

The link to the podcast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW4dKfosBzc

The link to the BYU–Hawaii Devotional discussing Pacific Islanders being better than North American Natives:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuclVT6-XPM&t=1237s

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 22, 2021 01:51PM

I used to daydream about how lackadaisical a spirit baby I must have been in the pre-existence to have been so BROWN!!!

It definitely carried over and I absolutely do not deserve my own planet.

But if one of you wants a minor moon ...? I promise to let you see more than one side of me!

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: July 22, 2021 04:35PM

Snort!

Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: July 22, 2021 02:24PM

If ONLY the Brethren had followed Joseph's inspired D&C instructions to "take wives of the Lamanites" in polygamy...

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: July 22, 2021 02:40PM

This was explained to us in the 60s.

Nephites took ships into the pacific and became the primary ancestors of all Polynesia.

As nephites they were of course better than lamanites who were too lazy to build ships.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: July 22, 2021 04:42PM

I always thought Marlon Brando was the primary ancestor of all Polynesia. Oh well . . .

I guess Nephi also took with him the chariots and horses and steel swords along with a few cureloms. The BoM apologists are looking for proof in all the wrong places. But of course, the salty sea air would have destroyed all the evidence by now. No use looking Polynesia either for Lehi's leftovers. Shame, that.

Posted by: Lisa von und zu Liechtenstein ( )
Date: July 22, 2021 07:22PM

If Polynesians descend from Nephites, why did they end up turning dark-skinned? Were they "cursed" later, after getting to Tahiti, Tonga, Hawaii, Samoa and New Zealand?

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: July 22, 2021 08:03PM

Maybe one of the Nephites with Hagoth had a Lamanite wife. With a small initial group, eventually they all inherited the "Lamanite curse".
Kind of like Aegyptus and how the "curse of Cain" survived the flood.

Or else the most likely explanation... it was all made up.

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: July 23, 2021 11:38AM

"If Polynesians descend from Nephites, why did they end up turning dark-skinned?"

Excellent question, but, Mormons are taught not to question. I suspect their answer would be that we don't need to know that for our salvation, so, just look the other way and pay more tithing.

That fragile little testimonkey can be killed off ever so easily by logical thinking. Can't have that.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: July 23, 2021 11:50AM

I, for one, would simply say that anyone who says Polynesians were turned dark so they "would not be enticing" is a complete idiot. The girls are beautiful and the guys are equally attractive.

Thus, the Polynesian Cultural Center. There is no Lamanite Cultural Center as a tourist attraction in Utah.

Mo'ism is so effed up.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 23, 2021 03:14PM

I hear that buying cigarettes at Lamanite tribal establishments is considered a modern miracle!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.