Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Shell56 ( )
Date: July 23, 2021 11:11AM

Wow, reading a bit on here and elsewhere. It must be so hard to be the lone doubter or exmormon in a large tbm family. To feel marginalize and even be estranged from your own family and kids, just for having a difference of opinion, or for simply wanting to have a cup of coffee or whatever!

I hope one day the tbms of the world realize the heartache they've caused by not opening up to and trying to understand their loved ones.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: July 23, 2021 11:28AM

My daughter went back to the church at 20 and it hasn't been easy. We get along better now than we used to. I think her husband, a low key guy, helps with her accepting me.

My parents were supportive. I had 3 siblings of 6 leave before I did. I was in my 40s when I decided I didn't believe and I went inactive at age 35 or 36, still believing, but I had to stop them from calling my gay cheating husband as bishop (I was told he would be one of the next bishops by the bishop--he was ex. sec. at the time). I tried going back a few times.

My one sister who still attends sometimes (much less since COVID as her husband now doesn't attend). She doesn't believe.

I have one brother who is disabled mentally and physically. He gets a lot out of going to church. Most of the people are kind to him--MOST, not all. My daughter is the only grandchild/great grandchild who is a mormon. The rest are not. Of course, it was my child who decided to be TBM. My parents weren't "TBM." But they believed. They saw what happened to my life. I was the one they never thought would leave the church and so it was a huge shock, but they accepted it.

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: July 23, 2021 11:52AM

Shell56 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It must
> be so hard
===============================

Nope.
It's genuine relief.
can Breathe.

A day in the sun is better than a lifetime in the cave.

Posted by: Shelley56 ( )
Date: July 23, 2021 05:59PM

Yes, I get that it is exciting and exhilarating.

But also sad when tbms are not able or willing to be understanding, and try to demean or disparage for having a different viewpoint etc. Or just a desire to go in a different direction.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.