Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 19, 2021 10:42AM

The Russia temple was announced at April Conference, 2018, so coming up on 2½ years...

Here's what I found on WeAreMoreJesusyThanAnyoneElseEVER!.org:

Russia Temple

"Planning and approval phase;
site location unknown;
city not yet announced;
groundbreaking not announced

"Russia

Announcement:  

"1 April 2018

Construction Status

"The Russia Temple is currently in the planning stages. No groundbreaking date has been announced.

Temple Rendering

"Renderings of the Russia Temple and site plan have not yet been publicly released.

Temple Site

"No city has been officially announced for the location of the Russia Temple.  However, there are currently only three cities in the country where stakes have been organized: Moscow, Saint Petersburg, and Saratov.

Temple Announcement

"President Russell M. Nelson made the historic announcement of Russia's first temple at the end of his closing remarks at the 188th Annual General Conference.

"No city was named as part of the announcement—only that it would be constructed in a major city yet to be determined. While serving as an apostle, President Nelson himself organized the first stake in Russia in the capital city of Moscow on June 5, 2011, in the 20th anniversary year of the Church being officially recognized by the Russian government.  There are over 23,000 members of the Church in Russia organized into three stakes and ten districts. (In 2019, the SLTrib had an article claiming there were between 3,500 to 4,500 active mormon

Temple Facts

"The Russia Temple will be the fifteenth temple built in Europe and the first built in Russia.

"When the Russia Temple was announced, no city was named as part of the announcement as it had not yet been determined."

Is there ANY chance that after Russell swan dives into the CK, that the next Prophet, Seer & Revelationaryer will announce that the April the First, 2018 date proves that the revelation was in the spirit of the day?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: August 19, 2021 11:13AM

Ummmm yeah, I think the Russian Orthodox Church will put the kibosh on that.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: August 19, 2021 11:19AM

Just be patient. In a few years the church will announce that the temple will be built in Moscow Idaho. Anyone who remembers it differently is not following the prophet!

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: August 19, 2021 12:12PM

Posted by: Roy G Bivinski ( )
Date: August 19, 2021 12:20PM

Just announcing it with nothing in place to make it happen is enough to get the bosoms burning about the amazing growth of the church and its conquering of Russia....whether they build it or not.

If'n they don't, they could use the "god wanted a temple in Russia but the adversary was working against them" excuse, but then that really just say's satan is stronger than god. Somehow the members don't see it that way so it works for the church.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 19, 2021 02:11PM

Just wait until it's announced to be built near Putin's palace, then bring the popcorn :D

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 22, 2021 12:32PM

As long as I do not have to back it up I can say anything that springs forth from my pointed little head! AND EXPECT YOU TO BELIEVE IT!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2021 12:35PM by thedesertrat1.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 22, 2021 03:07PM

The idea is that even though it will be built at some point in the unspecified future, it was on my watch that it was announced!! Therefore I get the credit!!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 22, 2021 03:31PM

Notice the announcement date.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 22, 2021 04:23PM

Yep... mormon ghawd doesn't close a door without opening some wild-ass escape hatch.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 12:04PM

I think it was about 2 1/2 years ago I also announced my double date with Scarlett Johansson and Margot Robbie.

No details on the swanky restaurant or hotel suite on the Vegas Strip yet, but it's going to happen!!

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 04:53PM

I really don’t want to see Moroni standing on an onion dome.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.