Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: newcomer ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 08:45PM

Mormon granfather, all of 52-years-old, with four grandchildren just volunteers this tidbit:

"My daughter was an aunt at 11 [years-old]."

Like that's not odd and normal.

Mormons parents and grandparents: barely older and not wiser.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 09:05PM

What about when grandma and daughter are pregnant at the same time?

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 09:54PM

My granddaughter was an aunt at birth.

Posted by: newcomer ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 10:10PM

Oh my....

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: August 24, 2021 03:04AM

Her niece is three days older than her

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: August 24, 2021 08:14AM

Kind of like Josie Duggar’s niece, Mackynzie, is two months younger than she is, and Kendra Caldwell Duggar, married to Joe Duggar has been pregnant at the same time her mother has, not once, but twice!

The mind boggles.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: August 24, 2021 08:41AM

And then my sister got pregnant pretty much on her honeymoon. Her daughter is 6 months younger than her uncle. This was her MIL's 13th child. My sister only had 3. The first 2 are 1 year apart to the day. I beat her. I had twins.

Posted by: Now a Gentile ( )
Date: August 24, 2021 08:10AM

I agree with the older and not necessarily wiser. I know a guy who was a great grandfather before he was 60.

And now the rest of the story: He and wife aren't mormon...his grandchildren just love having sex.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 24, 2021 10:44AM

Being born an aunt/uncle is not all that rare. Neither is becoming a grandparent under age 40. I’m sure it happened more in the 70s and 80s, but it still happens now.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: August 24, 2021 10:59AM

The area I work is non Mormon and the average is to be a grandparent by 40. I know a lot of great grandparents who are 50. People have these things. They are called runaway hormones.

Still. I always liked the old joke---How do you know you are at a Mormon wedding? It's the bride's mother who is pregnant.

The horny young and the obedient Mormons don't seem to appreciate the perks of birth control. Timing is everything as young families and brilliant careers are often on a collision course.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 24, 2021 11:00AM

this is because sex is fun and not shamefull

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: August 24, 2021 11:47AM

I will never forget being in Reed Benson’s religion class when he said the purpose of polygamy was to breed like rabbits and grow the population large and fast so the church couldn’t be driven from Utah.

Breeding is a weapon. Whoever has the young population can takeover the aging population. The current church leadership is hoping to convert all the migrants, get them breeding and educate them through BYU online courses. Certain Muslim groups have similar dreams.

The secular west will just die off and the breeding religious radicals will take over.h

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: August 24, 2021 11:54AM

Anyways. Aging populations in the industrialized world and access to fresh water are supposedly the big problems of the 21st century which is almost a quarter of the way over.

I figure I have 30-40 more years on this rock. From the idiotic behavior I have seen in my previous years I don’t think we are going to improve on anything. People will just do something distracting to escape the reality. Liquor sales and drugs will always be big money makers as will religion. New Age seems to be the spiritual fix more people are running to. Jesus is becoming less popular.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.