Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: August 24, 2021 10:14AM

I am fascinated by the pathology of delusional group think and this CNN interview of Alabama My Pillow heads is a perfect illustration of the kind of delusional thinking that had us all believing Joseph’s Myth.

https://youtu.be/Vr3ZNvv0aco

The lady in white who says she don’t listen to news no more, just prophets, NewsMax and sometimes Fox News. That she trusts Dr. Tenpenny (a conspiracy nut job on CDCs list of dirty dozen for spreading Covid misinformation) more than her own Dr, who tried to convince her to get the shot. She says she thinks God is separating the sheep from the goats.

The reporter asks which herd she is in and she says she’s a goat because she don’t wanna be no sheep!

That’s when he uses the line about people so concerned about being sheep they’re taking horse medication. (Ivermectin)

Sounds 100% like it could be my Nazi TBM X-MIL.

I’m sure the late night comics are going to have a field day with this goats comments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2021 10:29PM by schrodingerscat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: August 24, 2021 03:13PM

schrodingerscat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The lady in white who says...
> she thinks God is separating the sheep from
> the goats.
>
> The reporter asks which herd she is in and she
> says she’s a goat because she don’t wanna be
> no sheep!

I've read this comment from a number of people who are explaining why they don't want to take the COVID vaccine.

The parable of the sheep and the goats is big in JW-Land and even after all this time I remember it well. These folks are getting the whole thing backwards! In the parable (found in Matthew 25) it's the SHEEP that are on the good side. The GOATS are where you don't want to end up!

Here's the Bible passage explaining that the sheep are the ones who follow Jesus, the goats are the ones who don't get the happy afterlife.

https://www.gotquestions.org/parable-sheep-goats.html

“The Parable of the Sheep and Goats is part of the Olivet Discourse. It is found in Matthew 25:31-46. A parable is a short, simple story of comparison. Jesus used parables to teach spiritual truths by means of earthly situations.

“Jesus begins the parable by saying it concerns His return in glory to set up His kingdom (Matthew 25:31). Therefore, the setting of this event is at the beginning of the millennium, after the tribulation. All those on earth at that time will be brought before the Lord, and He will separate them “as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left” (verses 32–33). The sheep are those who were saved during the tribulation; the goats are the unsaved who survived the tribulation.

“The sheep on Jesus’ right hand are blessed by God the Father and given an inheritance. The reason is stated: “For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me” (verses 35-36). The righteous will not understand: when did they see Jesus in such a pitiful condition and help Him? “The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me’” (verses 39-40).

“The goats on Jesus’ left hand are cursed with eternal hell-fire, “prepared for the devil and his angels” (verse 41). The reason is given: they had opportunity to minister to the Lord, but they did nothing (verses 42-43). The damned ask, “Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?” (verse 44). Jesus replies, “I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me” (verse 45).

“Jesus then ends the discourse with a contrast: “They will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life” (verse 46).”

-----

If the people who are using religion/scripture to justify foregoing the vaccine recommended by public health all over the world can't even get the parable right (sheep good; goats bad) how can you trust the strength of their reasoning when it comes to choosing between a life-saving measure and a shot in the dark?

They've got it totally backwards! People: it's sheep good, goats not good. This woman, and countless others, are saying "I wanna be a goat". It would be to laugh. Except the repercussions are so not funny.

It's not without irony too that the passages include references to helping "the least of these", i.e., helping others, even strangers. Who are you helping by coughing a deadly virus all over everyone with the misfortune to be within your air space?

Date: August 24, 2021 10:33PM

I never thought about that contradiction with Biblical narrative/fairy tale, but yeah, ironic on so many levels.
These ‘Man on the street’ interviews at CNN and Comedy Central’s Jordan Klepper on Daily Show are comedy Gold!

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jordan-klepper-anti-vaxxers_n_612456ebe4b0ee6469b8a00f

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2021 11:47PM by schrodingerscat.

Date: August 24, 2021 04:19PM

I had to laugh when the reporter asked the woman "so which are you" when she mentioned the sheep and the goats. She hesitated for a second and then said "I'm a goat cuz I don't wanna be no sheep".

Unfortunately for her, saying how all that matters to her is what God says, she's got the animals confused: as I said above, according to the Bible you don't wanna be no goat.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: August 24, 2021 10:24PM

My sister had to take Ivermectin because she got parasites on her mission. It is used to treat humans but I’m not sure if the stuff they use on animals is the same.

Date: August 24, 2021 10:48PM

I think the med is the same but the dose is vastly different. Humans using the med formulated for animals, and/or in big doses are taking potentially lethal overdoses. Plus the FDA specifically recommends NOT using it for prevention or treatment of COVID as it hasn't been sufficiently studied for that use. Too, you should only take meds prescribed for you by your own physician.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2021 11:04PM by Nightingale.

Date: August 24, 2021 11:30PM

I have a friend who is a Naturopath who said he gets 5 calls a day for Ivermectin, which you can't get here anymore, because all the Veterinary suppliers are onto the Covidiots.

Date: August 25, 2021 12:01AM

From April 2020:

https://www.fda.gov/animal-veterinary/product-safety-information/fda-letter-stakeholders-do-not-use-ivermectin-intended-animals-treatment-covid-19-humans

“FDA is concerned about the health of consumers who may self-medicate by taking ivermectin products intended for animals, thinking they can be a substitute for ivermectin intended for humans. People should never take animal drugs, as the FDA has only evaluated their safety and effectiveness in the particular animal species for which they are labeled. These animal drugs can cause serious harm in people. People should not take any form of ivermectin unless it has been prescribed to them by a licensed health care provider and is obtained through a legitimate source.”

From April 2021:

https://www.fda.gov/animal-veterinary/product-safety-information/faq-covid-19-and-ivermectin-intended-animals

“Ivermectin tablets are approved for use in humans for the treatment of some parasitic worms (intestinal strongyloidiasis and onchocerciasis) and ivermectin topical formulations are approved for human use by prescription only for the treatment of external parasites such as headlice and for skin conditions such as rosacea.

“Ivermectin is FDA-approved for use in animals for prevention of heartworm disease in some small animal species, and for treatment of certain internal and external parasites in various animal species. People should never take animal drugs, as the FDA has only evaluated their safety and effectiveness in the particular species for which they are labeled. Using these products in humans could cause serious harm.”

So the bottom lines are:

1. The ivermectin formulation and dosage for animals are not suitable for use in humans (the animal dosage is often much, much higher than is safe in humans).

2. Ivermectin has different, and specific, uses in animals and humans.

3. You should never take any medicine that has not been specifically prescribed for you by your treating physician.

These are pretty basic medical and pharmacology rules to live by (emphasis on live).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2021 12:01AM by Nightingale.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.