Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: August 25, 2021 08:31AM

Hi

Long time no post. I generally consider myself over the morg and barely think about it anymore.

Then a weird thing happened. I got a message that someone had replied to a comment I had made on a Mormon YouTube Video - 8 YEARS AGO.
A Mormon, obviously, disagreeing with the idea that Missionaries in the UK told lies about (circulating rumours of) polygamy
I had to reply and we basically ended the conversation calling each other 'deceived' and 'a shill'

what the heck? how do these people spend their days? Is this a damned calling?

/rant

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: August 25, 2021 09:34AM

Those are the growing pains. Mormons are learning things that are not in their white washed mind how they have been taught in church.lol once upon a time I was an active lds member who would defend Mormonism on YouTube. What happened? Eventually I found out that I was wrong.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 25, 2021 10:15AM

The same thing happens here from time to time. Somebody will resurrect an old thread from three or five or ten years ago, and then, as often as not, add their comment in the middle of the thread where nobody is going to see it unless they reread the old thread in its entirety, and notice the dates on each post.

Sometimes there is a good reason for resurrecting an old thread, but usually it is just puzzling how the poster dug up such an old thread, and why they thought if important to put an “I agree” type message buried deep in the middle of the thread,

Posted by: Dallin Ox ( )
Date: August 25, 2021 01:03PM

The difference between you and the mormon is that you can provide the evidence (in this case the John Taylor quote).

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1608502

https://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/digital/collection/NCMP1820-1846/id/18011

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 25, 2021 01:47PM

I wonder if members read another members blog that showcase attacks on the church, examples of lazy ex-members lost testimonies and false stories perpetrated against the truth (I wonder how many think that about all of my abnormal church experiences :)

I really don't have any member friends and I left the church long before the leaders called upon members to defend the church on the internet.

I experience people trolling my y/t channel and where I share my vast historical photo collections. There's some real crackpots out there!

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: August 25, 2021 02:02PM

Maybe it's a new missionary calling. Since missionaries no longer tract, maybe they spend their time searching the internet for negative comments about the Mormon church. Damage control.

Posted by: blackcoatsdaughter ( )
Date: August 25, 2021 05:08PM

Damage control? That fits.

It amounts to more busywork, sending these youths to try to dump out the water pouring in through the cracked and splitting hull. Sounds about right.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: August 26, 2021 01:16PM

It's OK, they've been practising on Jaredite submarines ;-)

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 25, 2021 09:41PM

The you tube algorithm works in mysterious ways.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.