Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: September 02, 2021 01:32PM

Thoughts? Observations?

Mine...they seem shell shocked. Losing their mother in her prime and then having their dad remarry 2 weeks later. Lori's kids bodies turn up in Chad's back yard. Yikes!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: loislane ( )
Date: September 02, 2021 07:27PM

They all seemed like intelligent, attractive, well brought up young people.

If they are in denial about what happened, who can blame them?

I have to admit one thought that Emma voiced had crossed my mind more than once.

If Chad really did have anything to do with the children's death, why did he bury them in his own backyard, where they would be sure to be discovered? That doesn't make sense.

Alas, the evidence that he did just that is overwhelming. Not to mention he is totally responsible for Tammy's death. No one else was in that room that night. Not to mention his affair with Lori. Not to mention a bunch of other stuff.

But I am not one of Chad's children, having to cope with the unthinkable.

It's like there were two CHads -- the loving husband and father, and the prophet of the end times, anxious to get on with the second part of his life, which could only happen once Tammy was dead.

The parallels between Chad's view of the endtimes, and my father's are pretty astonishing. Maybe one day I will write about them.

But for right now, I am trying to put the endtimes behind me because the times aren't going to end.

Maybe Chad will figure this out one day.

In the meantime, all I can say, is he has a fine set of loyal children. At least, right now they are loyal.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 05, 2021 05:01PM

I have a couple of questions about Tammy. One is that the kids stated that Tammy had seemed unusually tired and short of breath in the days leading up to her death (which seems more like a possible cardiac issue.) The other thing is, if she was indeed asphyxiated, wouldn't the coroner have noticed the signs of that when examining the body right after her death?

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: September 05, 2021 09:56PM

what I wonder is when the autopsy results will be released. That should tell us something, I hope.

There has to be a reason why Chad is charged with Tammy's murder. The prosecutors have to have probable cause for that charge and it may be something in the autopsy.

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: September 02, 2021 10:54PM

Given Chad's bizarre writings and theories, it was only a tiny step to justifying that someone with whom he was infatuated with was his destiny. Rationalization all over the place.

Psychologist Irvin Yolum wrote in his book "Love's Executioner" that patients in love were the most difficult to treat because by definition they were insane. (Or something like that.)

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: September 04, 2021 02:07AM

Crap. I would have liked to see that. I will look for a rerun or maybe there will be something on YT.

Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: September 04, 2021 11:28AM

https://www.cbs.com/shows/48_hours/

S33 E64

The secrets of Chad Daybell's backyard.

Posted by: loislane ( )
Date: September 04, 2021 02:13PM

Thank you for posting the link.

The chief attraction of this video was the interview with the children.

Otherwise, they showed video clips that any followers of the case would have seen on Youtube dozens of times. They went over the facts of the case, but no new information was revealed.

Mostly we got to see a group of caring, loyal shellshocked adult children who will never ever ever be the same.

And if they come to terms with the truth, which they may do years or even decades from now, their pain will only be worse.

I guess everyone is tuning in to see the Daybell children. There is absolutely no new news from this episode.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: September 04, 2021 09:28PM

Thank you! :)

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: September 04, 2021 01:26PM

Mormonism attracts the crazies.

Crazy people look normal until dead children turn up in their back yard.

Posted by: jay ( )
Date: September 09, 2021 02:02AM

you're doing it again . . .

Date: September 09, 2021 02:03AM

delete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2021 02:04AM by jay.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: September 05, 2021 01:55PM

Those poor adult children of Chad. What hell they must be living through.

I was curious of one thing. They had an accent that I have not heard in Utah. Is that common in Idaho?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 05, 2021 04:56PM

A friend of mine grew up in southern California, and she has the exact same accent and cadence of speech as Emma. I looked up Tammy Daybell, and she was born in Pasadena, California, and grew up in the area. Maybe it's a California accent?

Date: September 05, 2021 05:15PM

Yes, that could be it. There’s a surprising variety of accents in CA even within relatively short distances.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2021 11:23PM by kathleen.

Date: September 05, 2021 05:33PM

It seemed that the two sons in the back had very little to say. I wish the reporter had directed questions to each of the children instead of one dominating the interview.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: September 06, 2021 09:15PM

Those kids are like so many who are unwilling to see what's right in front of them. They will obfuscate anything so that the truth cannot shake their desire for all being right with their world. To do otherwise is too painful therefore they won't entertain the idea that they are wrong.

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: September 07, 2021 09:42AM

Have you read your father's books?
What did you think of your father's near death experiences?
Have you done any of the preparation work to be ready for what comes next? Food storage, etc.?
How did Lori act with you? (Assuming you met her.)
What questions would you have for your father now?

Date: September 09, 2021 02:04AM

the most fascinating thing about all of this to me . . . is that

people love this sh*t

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.