Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: September 04, 2021 10:36PM

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2021/09/04/i-thought-i-was-alone/

This hits home to me today. 51 years ago today I married my DH who later taught at BYU, all the while hiding his true sexual orientation. If only there had been something like this 50 years ago, it would certainly have spared so many of us the mixed orientation marriages that occurred through the years. He's been gone now 7 years and every Sept 4th is a very tender and melancholy day. Bless their hearts for doing this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 04, 2021 10:39PM

The key word is "near". I want that festival to be held at BYU.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 05, 2021 02:25AM

Listen carefully for the acknowledgment / or (gosh) approval of the GAs; this would only happen if / after they get in touch with Real Life, Real People;

Don't hold your breath, but things are changing.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: September 05, 2021 04:05AM

was that my boyfriend could go out and find a partner and be happy, be okay, but they told me he was damned, which threw me into a very deep depression.

You didn't talk about gays in 1983, not in the church. And here it is 37 years later and the church still has the type of message we just heard. I got married on September 1st, gemini, to my gay husband 37 years ago.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: September 06, 2021 04:38PM

Sorry for your tender and melancholy day, gemini. And sorry I missed it - just reading your post today. I trust you got through it, yet again. I hope with loved ones around. It's a challenge these days with the virus around and about.

"Mixed orientation marriage" - I've never heard that term before. Interesting.

Yes, indeed, for a world-beater church the Big-3 sure are behind the times: 51 years since your marriage and still it's an issue for them. Even if they were to catch up with where we're at today they would still be behind.

Plus I don't trust that they necessarily mean what they say. There's always the man behind the curtain pulling the strings for all the talking heads.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2021 04:39PM by Nightingale.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.