Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 11, 2021 06:20PM

Nicely put.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: September 11, 2021 06:55PM

It's pleasing to me that they have taken a position in support of community health, while "rendering into Ceasar" the question of mandates. I think this is an appropriate stance.

Now if they would likewise appropriately address Utah's teen suicide rate, they'll be making real progress...

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 11, 2021 07:22PM

I said it in another thread, but the vast majority of parents in the school districts in which I've worked in have never taken the medical or religious exemption for vaccines for their children. It's very rare. I would estimate that 96% or better make sure that their children get their childhood vaccines. It will be interesting to see how many of those parents suddenly decide that they or their children now need an exemption.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 13, 2021 10:22AM

I think social media perpetuates a lot of fear and irrationality.

-I heard this from my friend's cousin's best friend who knows a guy in litteton. Well this guy now has music playing in his head ever since he got the vaccine.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: September 13, 2021 11:26AM

AND I saw it on Youtube...

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: September 13, 2021 11:34AM

Me too! And it's always ABBA songs! They won't stop!!!!

Date: September 13, 2021 04:34PM

The horror. . . the horror.

Posted by: Concrete Zipper ( )
Date: September 15, 2021 03:12PM

Dancing queen... young and sweet, only seventeen...
Dancing queen... feel the beat from the tambourine...

Gosh darn, it happened to me too. What will I hear after I get the booster?

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: September 17, 2021 10:00PM

>What will I hear after I get the booster?

This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqBWvmhS-AY

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 14, 2021 09:16AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, please, but it appears that there are a lot of rules, codes, laws, statutes, and orders that one can willfully bend, break, and/or ignore and still get and keep a TR.

If I'm wrong, then it would seem that ghawd engages in cronyism!

How else would an unrepentant serial HOV-lane offender get into the CK?

And all those mormon women out there who mentally undress me, caress me, and generally have their way with me, in their minds... Does ghawd just wink at them as he ushers them into his glory?

Does anyone escape the consequences of "...power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely..."?

Date: September 14, 2021 06:22PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And all those mormon women out there who mentally
> undress me, caress me, and generally have their
> way with me, in their minds...

*Awkward silence with some stifled giggles*

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: September 15, 2021 11:05AM

I wondered what or who might be occupying the thoughts of my mom and sisters when they stare blankly with "come hither" expressions. Thanks for solving the mystery.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: September 15, 2021 11:32AM

The church doesn't want to consult god or take a stand and has no qualms about taking a medical stand. They are all about independent living, self sustainment, taking matters to God, and obeying the law. Mandates aren't law though. It is interesting that the church in th 80s/90s were more skeptical of vaccines way back then. They just lay dead now. The church in the United states is mostly irrelevant to most of the Christian based faiths since lds is the outlier to all of them.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: September 15, 2021 02:51PM

Phazer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mandates aren't law though.

Incorrect.

AS News, Sept 9, 2021:

https://en.as.com/en/2021/09/10/latest_news/1631227244_232419.html

“The federal vaccine mandate, although not passed by the US Congress, still carries the same legal requirement that it be followed and will be the law of the land until it expires, is canceled, revoked or is found unlawful by the courts. The US Constitution’s Second Amendment gives the President his authority to issue executive orders, along with additional Acts of Congress.

“Executive orders, or directives, like laws passed by Legislatures can be called mandates and can have sunset clauses, taken off the books at a later date or be found unconstitutional by the courts and struck down.

“There is strong Supreme Court precedent backing … [the] executive order mandating vaccination and companies that require their workforce to be vaccinated, if they don’t qualify for a medical or religious exemption.

“The Supreme Court ruled in Jacobson v. Massachusetts over a century ago that mandatory vaccination against smallpox was constitutional because most of the members of the medical profession “have considered the risk of [harm] too small to be seriously weighed as against the benefits coming from the discreet and proper use of the preventive.”

The "preventive" was the smallpox vaccine.

Mandate = Law (with term limits as mentioned above; generally for the duration of the emergency situation for which the mandate was initiated.)

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: September 15, 2021 06:29PM

>The US Constitution’s Second Amendment gives the President his authority to issue executive orders, along with additional Acts of Congress.

No, the second amendment deals with well regulated militias and the right to bear arms.

Presidential powers derive from Article II of the US Constitution.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: September 18, 2021 06:45PM

Oh,thanks very much for the correction.

When you tell someone they're wrong it works better if you're accurate yourself. :)

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 15, 2021 03:17PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2021 03:18PM by GNPE.

Date: September 15, 2021 03:17PM

Date: September 15, 2021 03:18PM

> Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

IF it's a 12-hour clock...

just sayin'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2021 03:19PM by GNPE.

Posted by: mahu74 ( )
Date: September 15, 2021 05:17PM

And not a sundial. Forgive my lack of clarity.

Posted by: Space Pineapple ( )
Date: September 17, 2021 08:34PM

The church did something socially responsible; refreshing, almost certainly short lived, but still have to give credit where credit is due.

Though, parenthetically, the "religious exemption" is one of the biggest loads of crap ever. Yes, I get, and respect, bodily autonomy and the free exercise of faith as fundamental rights. It doesn't make the "I believe in the angry, magic sky daddy so I get to be an irresponsible dipshit" claim any less stupid.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.