Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: September 11, 2021 09:26PM

My main beef with the church is how it meddles in people’s lives to make sure the next generation stays in. The church is very manipulative using classic brainwashing, family and peer pressure, constant bombardment and isolation (mission). I complained to James Faust about the church constantly smothering me growing up and he chuckled and said it worked. You are still here at church. That pissed me off.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: September 12, 2021 01:29PM

And I find it not to be working
I have firsthand knowledge of a "Mormon" family of 5 children wherein 3 out of the 5 want nothing to do with the religion

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2021 01:30PM by thedesertrat1.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: September 12, 2021 03:09PM

One of six of my nieces and nephews are active in the church. I think the main thing is they couldn’t afford the church. They had school and living costs to pay for and they all left the church while at college. Even the one who served a mission left.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 12, 2021 04:17PM

You Desert Rat Bastard you...

If you're talking about your Orem family hosts, I found out that of my Orem-living TBM daughter's four kids, only two are active, and the youngest, a sophomore, seems to be smart enough to figure it out, as well.

Six of my other seven BIC grandkids are way out of the religion, and the one remaining unaccounted for, I think is PIMO, but I didn't really pry.

It's all very refreshing!

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: September 12, 2021 04:31PM

HEY what is with the name calling

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 12, 2021 04:50PM

If I didn't like you, I wouldn't bother . . .

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: September 12, 2021 01:34PM

I see this happening in terms of them leaving. I noticed my aunt's grandson was posting on exmormon on fb yesterday. I had been told he had left the church (he and his wife--no children). His grandparents and parents are EXTREME mormon.

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that most of my family is out. I'm the lucky one in that I'm the only one with offspring who is mormon.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 12, 2021 01:39PM

Mico-management is ChurchCo's double-edged sword.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.