Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: September 13, 2021 03:02AM

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/self-reliance/course-materials/emotional-resilience-self-reliance-course-video-resources?lang=eng

For only 10% of your income and all of your life, you can be saved in the kingdom of God and be happy maybe. Call representatives now and we’ll throw in free therapy and self-help resources in case the product backfires spectacularly. But remember, you can’t be saved if you don’t Endure to the End™️

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: September 13, 2021 03:48AM

I remember very well the many various times when the Book of MORmON church informed me that being on a fool time MORmON mission would be the best time of my life. I also remember being on a fool time MORmON mission and it really was NOT the best time of my life. I also remember when MORmON ASSpostHOLE Bruce McDonkey McConkie came to a stake conference in the mission that I was in and gave a speech. .....it sure was impressive!!!!

The MORmON leadership had to inform me .....over and over..... all about how wonderful that ASSpostHOLE Bruce McCONkie really was ..... because I might have missed that on my own. From then on, I had another emerging thought so much like a re occurring revelation -that any MORmON "heaven" that was as "best" as a MORmON mission was for me, and that was ran by super self impressed MORmON ASSpostHOLES like Bruce McCONkie was a place that I had NO interest in ever being.

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: September 13, 2021 09:50AM

Ditto. I’ve told my family repeatedly that if they will not open up a dialogue with me that feels meaningful, I’m not interested in spending the rest of eternity with them or even the rest of this life. Mormon heaven starts to resemble hell at some point.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: September 13, 2021 10:11AM

Glen Pace spoke to a group of young men and the title of his talk is: "They're Not Really Happy".

He told them that he was explaining to one of his sons why people who enjoy Sundays and don't go to church are unhappy,because he son had been watching as various people were heading out to go skiing or boating on Sundays.

He said: "When I see a teenager driving a beautiful, expensive sports car, I say to my sons, "Now there's one miserable guy."

"Men are that they might have joy".

I had no joy whatsoever attending church; I'm so much more happy now after leaving the church and the "endure to the end" balony.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.