Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: L.A. Exmo ( )
Date: September 23, 2021 02:46AM

It's not just Americans any longer. Now there are Covid parties up near Winterfell. Albertabama? Albertucky?

"A number of Edson residents are in Edmonton ICUs following a gathering to try and get COVID-19 – as a way to achieve natural immunity."

https://edmonton.citynews.ca/video/2021/09/22/covid-party-send-edson-residents-to-edmonton-icu/

What a stupid time to be alive. Canadians, please learn from our mistakes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: September 23, 2021 04:10AM

It’s extremely difficult to get the sequencing right for a viral shot to work. Viruses mutate. Shots are one tool to fight an outbreak with but people are putting too much trust in them as a fix all. You still need to be careful even after having the shot.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 23, 2021 05:23AM

My word. And here in Maryland, we are experiencing a critical shortage of nurses. The news is saying that this is the worst nursing shortage in 40 years. We've worn them out. And this is one of the better states for Covid response and compliance.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: September 23, 2021 06:47AM

Kinda like a chickenpox party ?

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: September 23, 2021 09:47AM

horrifying! to say the least.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: September 23, 2021 09:53AM

Camille Saint-Saëns, Danse Macabre

https://youtu.be/z0glOYQBlSA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2021 09:53AM by anybody.

Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: September 23, 2021 11:54AM

Yeah...Edson is the town next to mine. We have a long standing, but good natured rivalry about which of our communities is superior.

Looks like my town is winning!

Seriously though, how stupid are people?

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: September 24, 2021 01:42AM

looking in Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seriously though, how stupid are people?

Apparently there are no limits.

Posted by: Razortooh ( )
Date: September 23, 2021 12:12PM

Hurry, giant asteroid. Faster! Faster!

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: September 23, 2021 12:19PM

I did get monoclonal antibodies. My doctor is so difficult and I had to fight to get them. Her office manager finally figured out what needed to be done so I could get them.

So, I got them yesterday in the afternoon. My "husband" didn't have any reaction. I was fine until I was almost home (30 minutes) and then I started to have CHILLS and fevers, and I was sick all night long. I looked it up on line and it said that sometimes the antibodies will make you sicker at first. After my night, I would never NOT get the vaccination. It was horrible. Now I'm just completely wiped out. I have no energy.

People are crazy if they are ASKING for COVID.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: September 23, 2021 12:21PM

cl2notloggedin Wrote:

> People are crazy if they are ASKING for COVID.

+1.0 x 10^10

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: September 23, 2021 03:01PM

I just got it after vacation. 3 days I was done. Lost smell for 2 days. Took more zinc and smell was back.

The iv drop you got probably cut out 4 days of recovery.

Get up, move around and go on 2 mile walk in the sun. Each day will be better. Must do light exercise.

Posted by: Concrete Zipper ( )
Date: September 23, 2021 03:51PM

It would be nice if everyone's experiences with Covid were as minor as yours.

The families of the 700,000 dead, in the U.S. alone, wish that their experiences had been as minor as yours.

The millions who are suffering the symptoms of "long Covid" wish that their experiences were as minor as yours.

The burned-out health care workers, toiling through massive overtime under harrowing conditions, wish that their patients' experiences were as minor as yours.

Date: September 23, 2021 03:54PM

Is it OK to say AMEN on this board?

Seriously. This is not a difficult concept to grasp.

What CZ said.

x 700,000 for America and millions for the whole rest of the known universe.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: September 24, 2021 12:38PM

like the nurse's story and the embalmer's story, I was going to do whatever it took. I have too many co-morbidities to take a chance. My "husband"--that one who left me (hahaha) was on the warpath to get me the antibodies. If I ended up needing a ventilator I planned on telling them comfort care with nasal cannula oxygen. The stories are so horrible. I wasn't going to put my kids through me on a ventilator.

I'm getting stronger. I'm glad I got the antibodies. I'm glad I didn't have to go through the whole experience. My sister is younger and is thin, and she had it for a month. She was SO SICK, but didn't end up in the hospital.

This is nothing to mess with.

Date: September 24, 2021 12:40PM

No, nothing to mess with. I'm glad that you are getting stronger.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: September 24, 2021 01:48PM

summer Wrote:
> No, nothing to mess with. I'm glad that you are
> getting stronger.

I am also glad you are getting stronger.

You have my best wishes for a smooth recovery which is as speedy as it can possibly be.

Date: September 24, 2021 01:34PM

Good news cl2. Thanks for the update. Take 'er easy...

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: September 25, 2021 01:05AM

YAY cl2!!!!! I am so happy you are starting to turn the corner. Just because you are feeling better don't rush it. Rest rest rest then rest some more. Then rest. Sit out in the sun and rest. Eat what your body wants then REST!

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: September 23, 2021 12:27PM

Monoclonal antibodies work great and have saved people. COVID affects people differently and we certainly have different strains of it now. For a shot to work you need to match the gene sequencing of the virus. It’s like hitting a moving target. Vaccinated people still can catch covid.

Date: September 24, 2021 12:30AM

It sounds like the antibodies are reinforcing your body's ability to fight off the virus.

Hang in there, cl2. You are fighting the good fight. It will get better.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 24, 2021 01:36AM

I overheard some idiot yesterday who said "only reason I got vaccinated was for my work but I think it's all bullshit". I hope he doesn't get sick and take an ICU bed for someone more deserving of care.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 24, 2021 03:41AM

Since he got vaccinated, he’s extremely unlikely to need an icu bed. Nice thing about vaccines is they work whether you believe in them or not.

Not sure if you have to believe in sucking on zinc for it to work. It is a great rust preventative!

Date: September 24, 2021 01:39PM

Take care, LR. The news from Alta gets worse every day.

They are officially in triage mode now and the only way you can get an ICU bed is (1) when another patient dies and (2) if the medical panel assesses your chances of survival with treatment to be higher than others who are waiting.

Absolutely awful for all concerned.

Now they're even cancelling organ donations due to hospital overload. Devastating. Those things are time-limited, meaning always urgent to get the recipient ready for the available organ while it's still available and viable.

I heard a blurb about the govt not disclosing stats now about how things are going. That's never a good sign.

This is sure one time to stay down on the farm, so to speak. Seems like another harsh winter is descending upon us.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 24, 2021 01:53PM

This government's handling if the pandemic has been an out and out cluster****. Almost a denial at the outset then mixed messages that fed the deniers and anti-mask anti-vax hoard and has directly contributed to the unfolding collapse of our hospital resources.

Date: September 24, 2021 02:15PM

Yes. :(

Politics, incompetence and worse.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.