Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: September 28, 2021 04:37PM

I went to our local Walgreen's this morning. It wasn't busy. I wasn't prepared for everything they needed. I had my medicare advantage card that I carry. They needed the original medicare card number which I didn't have. It has something to do with how Walgreens get reimbursed for the injections. Luckily, they were able to find the information through my medicare advantage information. Also, they needed my primary doctor's name, address, and phone number so they could send the proof of vaccine to them. I had to look this up on my phone. Just an FYI of things to have on hand. They told me that you can get this booster as well as a flu shot on the same day if you want, which surprised me.

So, anyhow, I am now 3 shots vaccinated against covid-19.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: September 28, 2021 05:05PM

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: September 28, 2021 05:26PM

so far, so good. Arm a little sore, but that's it. :)

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: September 28, 2021 05:33PM

We got ours today, needed more microchips...

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 28, 2021 06:06PM

I got mine Sunday, then slept for two days. Microchip Windows must consume a lot of power. ;)

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: September 28, 2021 06:40PM

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: September 28, 2021 06:54PM

3rd shot for me

Date: September 28, 2021 07:45PM

Sorry. Microchip Windows 3.0

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 28, 2021 06:57PM

I'm looking forward to getting my third Moderna shot. Well, as much as you can look forward to being jabbed in the arm.

Good health to you, friends!

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 02, 2021 02:53AM

Has anybody heard when it will be available??

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: September 28, 2021 08:16PM

since tomorrow I'll no longer be in quarantine. I don't want to get it too soon or wait too long. It hasn't been fun to be ill, but I'm sure it could have been worse without the antibodies.

The thing that is really irritating is losing your sense of smell and taste. Hard to find anything to eat that doesn't taste like dirt or feel like you are eating cardboard. I don't even like Diet Pepsi right now.

Date: September 28, 2021 09:35PM

I don't know what the waiting time for a booster shot after having covid is, but the waiting time for getting a booster after receiving antibodies is 90 days.

Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: October 02, 2021 10:21AM

I was told 6 months minimum by Walgreens

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: October 07, 2021 01:11AM

The nurse practitioner said to wait 90 days after my breakthrough infection.

She said if I had it sooner, the booster could make me pretty ill.

I didn't get treated with antibodies so that might change things.

Good luck :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2021 01:12AM by Dorothy.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: September 28, 2021 09:18PM

I had the Pfizer shot first, but then I could only get the Moderna vaccine for my second shot. If I become eligible for a booster shot, I don't know which one to get, if I even have a choice.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: September 29, 2021 01:26AM

Article: “Advisory body recommends 3rd COVID-19 vaccine for some immunocompromised Canadians”

CBC News, Sept 10/21

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/third-covid-vaccine-dose-guidance-1.6171144

Interesting points from the article:

1. Canada is referring to it as a “third dose”, not a “booster” – explained below.

2. It is recommended at this time only for people who are immunocompromised (relevant conditions listed below).

Excerpts:

“Canada's national advisory body on vaccines now recommends giving third doses of COVID-19 vaccines to certain immunocompromised individuals, but still hasn't reached a decision on whether to provide additional shots to the broader population.

“…the new recommendations from the National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) stipulate that moderately to severely immunocompromised Canadians should be vaccinated with a primary series of three doses of an authorized mRNA-based vaccine, which includes those from Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna.

“For those who've already had a two-dose series, NACI recommends providing a third dose, ideally of an mRNA vaccine — but the committee stressed this should not be considered a "booster."

“Dr. Shelley Deeks, NACI's chair, explained in a statement that the goal is providing an extra shot to people who "may have somewhat lower responses to their first vaccinations."

"This is not unusual for immunocompromised groups, where we often recommend different vaccine schedules to help them achieve better protection," she continued. "This is different from a booster dose, which would be used to boost an immune response that has waned over time."

“…some residents are already set to get third doses. Ontario and Alberta are offering additional shots for certain vulnerable populations including some transplant recipients, cancer patients, immunocompromised individuals and residents of various care homes — while Saskatchewan and Quebec are offering extra rounds of mRNA shots to people who want to travel to countries that may not recognize mixed-vaccination status.”

-----

In the first round of vaccinations, Greyfort, we weren't offered a choice of vaccines here in B.C. It may be different for boosters, although it may be that we can't just get one of any kind on demand, depending perhaps on supply but also on what the recommendations are. If they're not recommended for the general population I'm comfortable not getting one but also in that case they may just not be available except for the named groups (immunocompromised for the variety of reasons listed in the article).

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: September 28, 2021 09:18PM

Date: September 28, 2021 10:42PM

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: September 29, 2021 01:27AM

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 29, 2021 01:38AM

They have authorized it for people under 65 who have an underlying health condition.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: September 28, 2021 10:26PM

We are getting our Pfizer booster shots as soon as we are eligible, which is in November.

I didn't have any problem with the first two Pfizer shots, and I don't think I will have any problem with the booster.

I know that I WILL feel safer.

I'm looking forward to getting it DONE.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2021 10:26PM by Tevai.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: September 29, 2021 12:56AM

Can it be followed by a Tequila shot?

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: September 29, 2021 01:15AM

Thanks Gemini. Good info. Hubs will be able to get his in another month and we were thinking Walgreen's too. We are still on insurance from his work but I will make sure we take everything and get it all done in one trip. We do everything we can to limit exposure. We had to have a little plumbing job done today but kid was able to take the time off to deal with the plumber.

Date: September 30, 2021 01:28AM

Fausci in the Atlantic (owned by Lurlene Jobs, Steve's ex).

“I’ve made it clear that my opinion has always been that I believe that a third-shot booster for a two-dose mRNA [vaccine] should ultimately and will ultimately be the proper, complete regimen,” Fauci said. “The vaccine is very successful. The durability of it is something that’s a subject of considerable discussion and sometimes debate.”

Ah, "durability." They'll start with theover-65s (but not this one!).

Speaking of which, I noticed Microsoft just billed my credit card for all those "Too late to save your work--we're doing an update whether you like it or not, followed by a restart!" I just love how the Titans of Industry look after me.

Date: September 30, 2021 02:01AM

Let's see:

1 shot baijiu
1 shot rice wine
1 oz. Red Bull

Posted by: Grits ( )
Date: September 30, 2021 10:25AM

An FYI for those using Walgreens. You can make appointments. Just go to Walgreens website and choose location. When choosing which vaccine, there is a choice for the booster. It will give the opportunity to print the vaccine consent form and take it with you. If there is any line at all, you will probably jump the line when they see you have your paperwork completed! That was hubby's experience on Monday. I am waiting for Moderna to join the booster party. I did get my regular flu vaccine this week. My GP recommended that I wait 30 days between vaccines, so I figure by that time, Moderna should hopefully be available.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: October 02, 2021 06:33PM

We got our Astra Zeneca shots.

But now in the UK AZ shots are barely mentioned these days.

Our booster shots will be Pfizer or Moderna, but most likely
Pfizer.

Posted by: Brum Pub ( )
Date: October 06, 2021 01:06PM

Are you Matt from Birmingham meet-up 15 yrs ago All the best.

Posted by: lisadee ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 02:58PM

Hmm. I had Moderna. Don't know when or if I'll need a booster.

However, if the booster makes me feel like the 2nd shot, I might catch a case of assault/battery or terroristic threat. Left arm was my shot side but I'm right-handed so I've still got a good right swing.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: October 06, 2021 01:39PM

With the New Mexico Department of Health, you just show up at roughly your appointment time. Totally free, no paperwork, no medical info, no PCP. For the second shot you just give them the card from the first shot so they can update it. I don't know about the booster, but it looks like the same procedure.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.