Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: September 28, 2021 07:09PM

Lot's Wife said: "... 26 fully vaccinated Americans have died from Delta ...."

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2395053,2396210#msg-2396210

I'm curious what the source is for that statement. I've been looking and can't find anything. Sounds low to me.

Thanks.

EDITED TO ADD: The title of the closed thread is: "I went and got vaccinated today," and the OPoster is thedesertrat1.

This is the link to the closed thread:

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2395053

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2021 12:40AM by Tevai.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 28, 2021 07:18PM

I'll try to find the source. It said that only 26 people who had had both doses of vaccines in timely fashion had died. That makes sense to me because we know that very few of the vaccinated got sick enough with Delta to require hospitalization, with even fewer developing serious disease.

But again, I'll try to locate the article.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 28, 2021 07:39PM

Sounds low to me too, though it doesn't affect the wider point, that the ill effects of covid are dramatically lower in vaccinated individuals. Caffiend seems to have built an impenetrable wall to block out that simple fact.

I think there are enough people with poor health to begin with, that would succumb to a breakthrough covid infection, just like vaccinated people (mostly old and frail) die from the flu each year, to rack up more than 26 deaths.

(I can see my tenth grade English teacher spinning in her grave because of that last clunky sentence :( )

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: September 28, 2021 08:06PM

https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus/2021/8/10/22618163/covid-deaths-vaccinated-data-how-many-die

But:

"About 20% of the people who died from COVID-19 after a breakthrough case died from something other than COVID-19, though they had a breakthrough case when they died, according to CNN"

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/covid-19-vaccine-breakthrough-cases-data-from-the-states/

See Table 1 for state by state breakdown (although numbers are 2-3 months out of date.)

Date: September 28, 2021 10:42PM

I can't find the source for the 26 deaths figure. I was focusing on the Indian data and didn't think to provide the link to the US number, which was a mistake.

I did find the following, which is sort of on topic--a CDC study showing that if a person is infected by any form of COVID after having been fully vaccinated, the probability of either hospitalization or death is, at most, one-hundredth of one percent. If that is accurate, then the vaccines have reduced the lethality of the disease by a factor of 100.

It is probably the source for the article [|] cited.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

Date: September 28, 2021 11:38PM

From the CDC data linked, there have been 3654 (4493-839) fully vaccinated people who have died from covid as of 9/20.

At the same time there have been 181 million people fully vaccinated.

The death rate for fully vaccinated people is 2/100,000.

The hospitalization rate is 10.5/100,000,

Posted by: Poster ( )
Date: September 28, 2021 11:45PM

> I'm curious
>
>

Why people don't say
Which Closed Thread
In the title

Date: September 29, 2021 12:11AM

Just follow the link in the OP: it will take you to the full thread.

Date: September 29, 2021 12:37AM

Admin has apparently deleted that entire thread.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: September 29, 2021 12:49AM

It's like when you pull on a thread and your whole shirt comes apart.

Date: September 29, 2021 01:03AM

Last time I clicked on link in OP, it said the thread could not be found. Apparently it wandered back from being lost in the wilderness.

Posted by: Posters ( )
Date: September 30, 2021 12:18AM

Not talking about following links.

Talking about TITLES of posts... to see if you want to click on the post TO EVEN get to the thread.

Date: September 30, 2021 01:03AM

Is it too much bother to click on a link to get the title?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 30, 2021 06:37AM

Yes, as a matter of fact, it is.

The purpose of a subject line is to indicate the subject, so people can decide whether they are interested in reading the thread.

Sub lines like “from a closed thread” or “I have a question” or “what do you think?” communicate absolutely zero about the actual subject. I generally don’t click on such threads. I also don’t click on links where the poster didn’t bother to tell us anything about the content of the link. If it’s not worth a bit of effort by the poster to give enough information so I can decide whether I’m interested, I’m not about to spend my time clicking on a random link. Do I miss interesting stuff that way? I suppose. I’m ok with that.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.