Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Concerned ( )
Date: September 30, 2021 03:19PM

I had a relative show me some new temple under garments they had.

1. Made in China. Are these garments made by people who are being treated poorly and forced to work? Is the materual made by child labor? Why can't the Church buy USA made goods and support the USA economy?

2. It looks like the marks on the garments are created now by melting the fabric to form the marks. They are almost invisible. The tops for a male just looks like a tee shirt. Back in my parents day in Canada they had to go to a store that sold the marks and my mother had to stich them into the long johns Later the marks came with the garments and you could see them. Now the marks have seemed to disappear. I guess there is no need to remind people what marks mean.

3. New temple recommend questions have a statement that has to be read about garments. Basically it says to wear them as instructed in the temple. The last paragraph is very revealing. Basically it says that if you have concerns about wearing the garment, go the Lord and seek revelation. So if a person went to the Lord and got personal revelation that they should not wear the garment can they still get a temple recommend?

4. Distribution centers in Canada can only sell you 5 garment items at a time due to world wide shortage of material. "I will have three tops please and 2 bottoms!!" Cant get the full uniform!! Also shortage of various garments made of different materials too.

It seems that everything in the Church is changing these days. Things are becoming simplier and only require a bare minimum except to pay your tithing. That still requires a full 10%

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 11:58AM

So..... Using the above logic. With the shortage of coins. We can't pay full tithing.

I also remember decades ago my aunts bought the garment patterns at a local department store and made their own.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 11:52AM

The modern church is totally dependent on the same infrastructure everyone else is. Brigham Young is rolling in his grave. The church has blended completely in with the gentiles. So when the gentiles screw up and go down they take the church with it.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 12:10PM

The Mormon's "courage of their convictions" seems to still manage to go with fashion trends when it comes to their garments. "Holy" and "Sacred" can always be tweaked as God has decided he doesn't want his chosen to look so weird anymore.

Posted by: Oregon ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 12:24PM

The Church in 10 yrs: What marks..we NEVER had marks or any symbols on clothing. Garments are just simple comfortable underwear.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 02:14PM

Hahahahaha!! I'm guessing you'll be right!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.