Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: October 01, 2021 05:59PM

For the third or fourth time this year I witnessed two missionaries on bikes swerve across multiple lanes of traffic with no warning.

They don't understand that a semi can't stop on a dime. Neither can cars going over 50.

If they cause (and survive) an accident don't they realize that they and the church could be sued for huge amounts of cash?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 01, 2021 06:04PM

Only if their garments don't protect them

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: October 01, 2021 06:08PM

Many missionaries are conditioned to believe that they are protected from harm...unless they are needed for missionary work in the spirit world.

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: October 01, 2021 06:52PM

I see the sister missionaries riding around here on narrow two lane roads at night causing traffic to backup as they go from place to place peddling their mental wares. They have on their yellow vests for visibility, but that is really dumb when riding in such dangerous places flirting with road rage like that.

Posted by: Ynamerom ( )
Date: October 01, 2021 06:57PM

Heartless Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If they cause (and survive) an accident don't they
> realize that they and the church could be sued for
> huge amounts of cash?

Survival is one thing- common sense is another.

They don't care about the cash - they just want the stash!

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: October 01, 2021 06:58PM

that the guy who bought our farm, who was close to our dad, had a son killed in New Mexico on his mission not that long ago by a drunk driver. He lived until he got to the hospital and then died. My sister lived in NM for a while and it was one of her friends who is the stake president who met them at the hospital.

This broke my heart. He got permission to bury his son on the farm. He was due to come home from his mission in 3 weeks. It is his youngest son.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: October 01, 2021 07:06PM

Missionaries are the saddest victims of mormonism.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 01, 2021 09:08PM

I agree but after children. Missionaries are these same children thrown out into the world to entice converts. Old men fishing with youth.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 02, 2021 12:01AM

I used to quarrel with a companion because he preferred to traverse the city's busiest avenues to bike from one part of the area. There were way too many close calls with cars and trucks. He wouldn't ride with me on safer streets. He probably complained to the MP that I didn't act like a responsible missionary companion.

He didn't care.

One day he crashed into the side of a city bus.

And the asshole hid in the bushes and left me to deal with people who witnessed the accident. They thought he was dead and or injured.

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2349878,2350005#msg-2350005

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 02, 2021 01:09AM

So you are telling us that his garments did protect him?

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: October 02, 2021 10:11PM

Remembering my and my friend's early years be did some pretty stupid things and now wonder how we avoid getting seriously injured or maybe even killed.

We didn't have magic garments, but there were some pretty soiled underwear.

My brother crashed to the floor from a 15 foot ceiling in an old garage and broke his arm. I had to give him a ride home on my bike all the while he kept telling me not to say anything to M/D or he'd kill me.

In the morning Mom almost killed me when Dad took my brother to the doctor and she kept asking me why I didn't say anything.

She didn't like that my brother promising to kill me if I said anything.

We survived.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 02:00PM

Well, so long as they don't wade in the surf, all is fine.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.