Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Screen Name ( )
Date: October 02, 2021 02:42PM

I turned on Conference to praise Joseph Smith. Only Jesus was honored Has Smith been kicked under the bus?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 02, 2021 03:25PM

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 02, 2021 03:27PM

Seems like Russ is undoing what the Hinkster busted his nuts to do. Hinkley’s thing was sanitizing church history and putting it on display. He put the church’s money towards making church historical sites Mormon tourist sites.

Russ gets his jollies by being a global citizen and being a Jesus freak. He’s not so much into church history. He’s praise the Lord!

If the trend continues you will see the church put more church history on the back burner. You will see a new hymn book come out with the old Mormon pioneer songs removed.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: October 02, 2021 03:36PM

Date: October 02, 2021 03:44PM

Nice find. They are going to get the members so focused on Jesus and then start dissolving the old Mormon stuff. In a few decades they will end up with Christ and the Bible.

Date: October 02, 2021 03:48PM

They are slowly devolving Joseph Smith. He’s a problem. That explains why Russ tore down the Temple Square Visitor’s Center. It had too much Joseph Smith stuff in there. He will throw up another Jesus and his apostles display like the Rome Temple.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 02, 2021 04:02PM

There's a museum now across the street, on the west, from Temple Square, sharing the block with the Genealogy hdqtrs.

The first thing you can "see" is the 360-degree theater of the First Vision, starring Joseph Smith, with cameos by ghawd the father and his kiddo, Jesus.

As you wander through the museum, trying to fend off 'docents/missionaries', you get a shift-load of JoJu's life, including the death masks. I was surprised you weren't encouraged to try them on...

It's possible the Rusty isn't aware of what's going on in there, and that once he finds out, Joju will be downplayed.  And as ghawd is my witness, I cannot remember if they let the cat out of the bag on what a füבֿken' horndog JoJu was...I can't remember if they listed all his wives.

Date: October 03, 2021 05:04PM

I was watching an interview with a former church employee. She said the basement of the Temple Square visitor’s center had not been updated for years. So they updated it but it was all about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon.

President Nelson came over to see it. They were hoping he would like what they did. He looked around not looking too happy. He then walked out. They roped the area off shortly after and then orders came to tear the whole building down.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: October 23, 2021 10:52PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
>     As you wander through the museum, trying
> to fend off 'docents/missionaries', you get a
> shift-load of JoJu's life, including the death
> masks. I was surprised you weren't encouraged to
> try them on...

There are always some kinds of potential problems to arise when your scam is based on a hoax by a con man swindler...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxJ7gKIymVo

Date: October 03, 2021 02:00PM

Keep in mind that Nelson was reared as a very different kind of Mormon than 95% of the GAs. His father wasn't a member (until his late teens) and he wasn't active in the church until his late teens (the church biography dept tries to downplay this).

That means that he wasn't indoctrinated thru Primary, Scouts, Seminary and the Young Men's program. He didn't serve a church mission either (of course other apostles haven't served one either).

With minimal church influence and pressure, Nelson was free to pursue his studies as a surgeon.

I think some of us would have a different outlook about the church if we hadn't been exposed to the severe effects of heavy church indoctrination.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2021 04:18PM by messygoop.

Date: October 03, 2021 05:12PM

Nelson also has friends in other religions. A good friend of his is a minister of a San Francisco Baptist church. This is where the church’s connection to the NACCP came from. Nelson also has a connection to Pope Francis. Nelson see’s himself as a global citizen.

He wants to mainstream the church and be part of the globalist club. He indeed is a very different Mormon. It remains to be seen if these trends are reversed later. There is a very high probability Bednar will be prophet and he will be prophet for a long time. Bednar will be a huge shaper of what the church will be in the future. He will be like David O McKay who created the church most of us grew up in.

Posted by: dude90 ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 05:16PM

Yeah but he had 10 kids with his first wife! Wonder if they're still active? So he was big on that aspect.
Isn't there a JS building somewhere too? Or is that the history museum?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 03:20PM

Did "mainstreaming" replace mormonism ?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 03:55PM

I think the church is hoping to use Jesus to restore the plain and precious truths that Joseph Smith revealed.

Posted by: moremany-ME ( )
Date: October 23, 2021 09:29PM

REMEMBER when tscc CLOSED the 'church' "HIStory" museum FOR OVER A YEAR in 2014 (anyone)?

They said they were doing it TO REMODEL, to make Jesus Christ more the center of their religion - and hiSTORY - and move Joeseph Smith off to the side a little bit, or maybe to another room, or maybe to the closet [ironic, probable?].

Like MORMON'S OWN "CANCEL CULTure", eraSURE, historical hiding or changing...

If it could drop Joseph Smith, FORGET HIM alltogether, it would.

He embarasses them so

They embarass themselves
They are secretly ashamed

Date: October 03, 2021 04:24PM

The most telling observation was the zero mention of JS, the BoM (save for one verse about JC~ 3rd Nephi?- I flunked seminary :) or even the current prophet.

It was largely a girls camp report. They had a dozen young women relate their spiritual references about Jesus.

Compared to my active years in the 1980s-1990s, it was a very different church experience. They really are mainstreaming the worship of Jesus with almost no mention of dirty Mormon word.

Date: October 03, 2021 05:19PM

In the 80’s and 90’s it was putting your testimony in a Book of Mormon and giving it to someone and we were going to flood the earth with The Book of Mormon.

Now it’s Jesus this and Jesus that and we do charity. Basically the same stuff you get in most Christian church’s. Where the LDS church lacks is fellowshipping. It really sucks there and it used to be pretty good at it.

Posted by: °ufotofu° ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 06:04PM

Screen Name Wrote:
> I turned on Conference to praise Joseph Smith.
> Only Jesus was honored Has Smith been kicked
> under the bus?

Actually Joey tried to make it seem, TO MORMONS, that it was the other way around.

Joe, dreaming and scheming one day, thought he was driving the bus [no doubt full of trusting young LDSain'ts]... until Jesus woke him from his slumber and said "Where were you going?", and Joey said "Hell if I know"!

To which Jesus replied, "Otay then, here you go" (because Joey thought he knew), and to HELL Joe went! (Jesus jumped off and caught a train home. They run every 15 minutes... otherwise, he had to walk)

So, who threw who under the bus? Joe Smith threw MORMONS/ Mormonizm under the bus.

Jesus was never on, or even near, the bus.

He was only in Joseph's dream - and he was only in his own head when he was out of his body, which only happened in the end - which wasn't soon enough - just as he came out the other side (just as he went in, a liar, a scammer and a cheat).

So, Joseph never saw Jesus, but in a dream

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 06:44PM

I saw several talks that droned on in their closing testimony about JS and the First Vision and yadda yadda yadda.

The sickening thing that always gets me is the "Gospel": every time it's mentioned it's not the 4 gospels of the NT they're talking about, it's "Restored Gospel™" that Joe Smith & Co. made up to suit their ends.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 10:07PM

This gives me hope that even if Brother Wendy figured out that Joseph Smith made it all up, the next Joseph Smith believer will undo all of his changes.

Posted by: tensolator ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 12:59AM

Is it me or does Russell'em have a lot of junior mint general authorities quoting himself? No President Kimballs, or Joseph Fielding Smith, just our beloved profit, Russell'em?

Posted by: mormono ( )
Date: October 23, 2021 11:04PM

tensolator Wrote:
> Is it me or does Russell'em have a lot of junior
> mint general authorities quoting himself? No
> President Kimballs, or Joseph Fielding Smith, just
> our beloved profit, Russell'em?

I hope it isn't you (and is the junior mints instead).
He likes IDOL worship. He thinks he is a saint. He ain't!

He's like JS, Jr. 'FOOL' of himself.

Posted by: ~ufotofu~ ( )
Date: October 23, 2021 11:55PM

Only AT 'CHURCH'

In the strictures, it just the same

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: October 24, 2021 12:21AM

"(Nelson) wants to mainstream the church and be part of the globalist club."

I'd like to hear others' thoughts on this. If true, it may also explain Romney's position with the GOPe: Eschewing the America-first/MAGA element, Romney seems more comfortable with eastern Establishment Republicans*--the type who covet invitations to Davos.

Your thoughts?

*Romney is a Harvard MBA/JD.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.