Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Screen Name ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 01:58AM

If David Bednar answered each question asked by Jeremy Runnell's CES Letter, it would save the church from its slow demise. Why won't he do it? Please answer my question.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 02:16AM

He’s too busy making pickles.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 11:28AM

Because he is scared to even try ro answer them

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2021 01:38PM by Tevai.

Posted by: Sue z q ( )
Date: October 05, 2021 09:36PM

And throwing out old food storage as he stated in a previous conference.....oh..the revelation we get from these guys!

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 11:54AM

Decades ago. B H Roberts a member of the presidency of the 70 and church historian. Known as the defender of the faith, received a letter with various questions about the book of mormon.

After exhausting all his resources and unable to refute the questions he submitted them to the 12 hoping for revelation and insight.

However....all he received in a follow up meeting was each apostle, in turn, bearing their testimony that the book of mormon was true.

These were the common questions. Metallurgy, zoology, archeology etc.

The twelve will never address something as well documented as the CES letter.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 01:02PM

So far as I can tell "The Davinci Code" is equally as true as the Book of Mormon

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 01:39PM

And all gods are equally real.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: October 05, 2021 06:50AM

that is grossly unfair to the DaVinci Code

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: October 05, 2021 04:02PM

The premise of the story that Jesus had wives and kids....

Well. Brigham taught that in the 1850s.

It was also the Premise of Holy Blood. Holy Grail.

When that came out and was controversial, I shrugged it off. Mamy mormons I knew said it was a false teaching until I showed them Brigham taught the same. Then it was oh okay so not a nig deal.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: October 07, 2021 06:06AM

since Jesus was (supposedly) a Jewish Rabbi, in cultural context He very well should have had children .......or may even been a polygamist.

The major problem with that claim is that Jesus was character created by the Flavians so Jesus never really existed, just like Joseph Smith's gold plates.

Brigham Young's BS comments on what Jesus was really supposed to be are a lesser part of Brigham's MORmONIC idiocy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9kJ_NdZT1A

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 07, 2021 03:02PM

Rabbis living in Palestine in Jesus's time were polygamists?

Do you have evidence for that assertion?

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 01:24PM

This is the reason.

"The Secret Mormon Meetings of 1922", a Master's thesis by Shannon Caldwell Montez, is an interesting read which describes events surrounding the Roberts saga.

It describes the early insular nature of the church, the subsequent beginnings of intellectual pursuit, and the resultant shift back to anti-intellectualism as a result of the research by Roberts.

They know it's a fiction, but just like the leadership in Roberts' day, they hide behind myth and "faith" to protect their own sunk cost.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 11:22PM

Yes, that's right.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 12:26PM

"And it came to pass in the year 2021, I Bednar was asked to speak upon that vile document known as the CES letter. I say unto you answers to gospel questions can only be found by listening to me and perhaps others who share my exalted calling. Repent! Repent if you believe that research and documented facts will provide answers.
I will now answer the question you should have asked: Yes it is true and proper that all members of the congregation should remain standing until I leave the room!"

Posted by: Maca not logged in ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 01:09PM

Maybe the ces department should address the questions for a ces director, but the trouble there is that the intelligentsia of the church, the byu academia don't really believe any of it either, lol!

They are in it for the fame and glory

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 01:51PM

Fame and glory?

There are about 3,000 faculty and staff at BYU. Name ten of them.

sic transit gloria.

Date: October 03, 2021 01:42PM

>it would save the church from its slow demise

It would? How?

All I can see Bednar addressing the CES doing is changing the slow demise to a fast demise.

Date: October 03, 2021 01:48PM

misplaced

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2021 01:49PM by Brother Of Jerry.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 02:04PM

Because then he'd be on record saying something he might need to retract/contradict later, especially when he ascends to the big chair.

The trend for the leaders over the past years is to make fewer and fewer doctrinal statements or clarifications.

Posted by: tensolator ( )
Date: October 04, 2021 12:27AM

Bednar in the Big Chair. I would rather, somehow, see the Deutsche Luftwaffe Flugzeugfurher take the pilot seat.

Posted by: °ufotofu° ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 07:15PM

Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 07:34PM

He is too busy grabbing young children on the stage and feeling them up. Creepy! After this was published he didn’t allow parents or adults in room while handling children. Note mother was proud!

https://youtu.be/ftp4-kT9VSg

The Lord’s side of the line with elder David bender
By Called to share

Posted by: °ufotofu° ( )
Date: October 03, 2021 11:18PM

He doesn't have a phone
His number is unlisted
He is unwanted, and
Has nothing good to say

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: October 05, 2021 09:21AM

You want to know why? He WAS going to answer every question, then someone...I won't name names, stood up before him at a Holy ****ing Roly Apostolic Fireside and hurt his Apostolic feelings. Now the Spirits constrain him from addressing the issues in the CES document and have even closed the heavens for him to re-interpret the questions and frame the questions that SHOULD have been asked in the document. So, it is not HIS FAULT he cannot respond to any of this, the Spirits are pissed that SOMEONE hurt his name of Christ witnessing spiritual ***.

Standing before the Lord's Annoying has consequences.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2021 01:41PM by Tevai.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 05, 2021 10:21AM

Isn't it foolish to answer questions when you don't know the answers?

The church got itself into the mess when they boldly asserted that they had answers for everything.

The internet thankfully sank their battleship.

Posted by: lapsed2 ( )
Date: October 06, 2021 11:31PM

Wait. I missed this. Bednerd was asked to answer the questions in the CES Letter? When did this happen?

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: October 07, 2021 02:31PM

If I had to guess, is because the later wasn't directed to Bednar or any of the 12; I suppose in a general way the letter could be interpreted as questions for any true believing mormon but as far as I know the letter wasn't specifically addressed to Bednar.

And why Bednar? Why not Oaks? or Holland? Or any of the other 12? I mean they are wrinkly pieces of shit, but why do you want Bednar's answers?

My personal belief is that Bednar or any of the 12 would die before answering any of the specific questions in that letter because to so would be somehow seen as blasphemous. Also, that 'answers to tough mormon questions' essays that got put online several years ago that answers questions (or more often than not fails to answer questions) about Joseph Smiths wives, and polygamy, and Danites, and the 2nd Manifesto, as mealy-mouthed as insufficient and outright deceptive as the essays are, the church probably considers them sufficient as answers for questioning members.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2021 02:33PM by midwestanon.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.